Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did the Oz army lose 6 anti tank rocket launchers?

How did the Oz army lose 6 anti tank rocket launchers?

Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How did the Oz army lose 6 anti tank rocket launchers?

Originally Posted by Bordy
Wasn't Gallipoli a cock up by the Brits that cost the Aussies dearly?
Its when the ANZACS got creamed storming the Turkish guns....they said at the time the sea ran red.....

Did read that a certain Mr Churchill had a lot to do with that one......
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gardnma
Australia has an Army?

Do they still wear the silly hats with corks hanging off them....?
No. They wear those silly hats that are pinned up on one side.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:42 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: How did the Oz army lose 6 anti tank rocket launchers?

Wasn't Gallipoli a cock up by the Brits that cost the Aussies dearly?
Yes.

But to give the Krauts and Turks their due, it was extremely well defended. I think the Allies would have been hard pressed to take it, even without a cock-up.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah, bright lot they are, when they are bored they shoot at the corks on each other hats ...... then at the enquiries they claim they were just cleaning the guns
That is exactly as I imagine Aussies to spend their time....doing daft sh!t like that.....
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'll leave that one to you. You will know much more than moi.
No!
Bet its all been dumbed down now. So that Arkon's chums kids can all get places.

kit does go missing for all sorts of reasons...
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:44 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Sounds like an inside job.

Incidentally, does anyone know how the UK army managed to lose a bunch of pistols?

Wonder no more, for the culprits have been found:

Three soldiers have been jailed and thrown out of the Army after admitting charges connected to a plot to sell guns smuggled out of Iraq.

L/Cpl Ross Phillips, 22, and Pte Shane Pleasant, 26, were both sent to prison for over five years after admitting possessing a prohibited pistol.

L/Cpl Ben Whitfield, 24, was jailed for two years and eight months for trying to pervert the course of justice.

The soldiers were from the 3rd Battalion, The Yorkshire Regiment.

They admitted their role in the gun smuggling plot at a court martial hearing at Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire.

A fourth defendant, Pte Robert Marlow, 22, was ordered to serve six months in an Army detention centre after admitting trying to pervert the course of justice.
Beeb.
All you ever manage to do is try and twist a negative story about oz by dredging up some stupid stuff from the web to show this happens in Britian. I don't doubt it does, and if it did and I was there then I would be shouting about how bad it was and how heads should roll. But I'm here and now the potential target for an RPG and so am concerened about this countries lack of basic security. I couldn't give a toss if the UK lost 3 pistols, I don't live there any more! Why you insist on twisting ever conversation about to try and negate any negative about Oz is beyond me. I don't care that you are a wizard on Google, what I care about is how some clumsey muppet lost 6 RPG's here. Got it?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
No. They wear those silly hats that are pinned up on one side.
What like the Python sketch when they're "big game hunting" flies and things with machine guns?

....is it obvious I have no idea about Oz.....?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes.

But to give the Krauts and Turks their due, it was extremely well defended. I think the Allies would have been hard pressed to take it, even without a cock-up.
Beach landings are a pain in the arse - and I think the terrain made it a sod of a task.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:47 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

What like the Python sketch when they're "big game hunting" flies and things with machine guns?

....is it obvious I have no idea about Oz.....?
I once saw a man shoot himself in the leg with a glock trying to swat a wasp. Personally I'd rather get stung by the wasp.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
I once saw a man shoot himself in the leg with a glock trying to swat a wasp. Personally I'd rather get stung by the wasp.
Was he an Aussie?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

You do know we crack up about all this stuff in the Lounge don't you?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:53 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Was he an Aussie?
He was a policeman at my shooting club, but I don't know if he was Australian, far too much screaming going on to work out his accent. Here's another one for you, same club different day...Man has a .50 calabre chrome plated auto like the one robocop had, fires at the target and the gun is so powerfull it hits the end of the range and bounced all the way back to slice the bridge of his nose off and take out his contact lens! We had to wear glasses from that day on.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You do know we crack up about all this stuff in the Lounge don't you?
we do pretty well in here, you should stop by more often
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

we do pretty well in here, you should stop by more often
Think I will, ta.

If you accept US visa's.......

Cheers for now - see youse laters.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Having experience of both the Aus and UK Armed forces, both are very professional.
Theft is possible from any organisation, even the Army, if you have the knowledge and criminal intent. You should take comfort that the crime was detected and action taken against the perpetrators before harm could be done.

Badgeisback, why not attempt selection for the SASR (Australian SAS) and SAS (British SAS) and compare? I do find your comments on the Australian army mildly irritating, I don't slag off Chartered Accountants because I don't have experience of them, perhaps you should follow a similar course.
Arkon, I think Badgeisback was trying to show that bad things happen all over the world, not just here in Australia. I doubt you are on a terrorist hit list, so rest easy about the theft of weapons OK...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.