Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi from tauranga nz

hi from tauranga nz

Old May 13th 2003, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you've cope well with a TV crew following you around, I've done it and would never do it again. Good luck to you and your family. Kids are hard work and especially when they think it's a advnture.

Samantha
Old May 13th 2003, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stooly
I think you've cope well with a TV crew following you around, I've done it and would never do it again. Good luck to you and your family. Kids are hard work and especially when they think it's a advnture.

Samantha
What was your TV experience stooly? Was it also a travel thing?

I was on Rainbow once - "up above the streets and houses..."
Old May 13th 2003, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

sputnikspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slippers
What was your TV experience stooly? Was it also a travel thing?

I was on Rainbow once - "up above the streets and houses..."
I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT I THINK YOU STILL ARE
"up above the streets and houses" !!!
Old May 13th 2003, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sputnikspouse
I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT I THINK YOU STILL ARE
"up above the streets and houses" !!!

Slippers flying high

Everyone can see the (wooden, very well spaced with quarter
acre plots) houses over the sky

paint the whole world with a rainbow!!!

Takes you back eh?

I got to meet bungle, zippy and george. They were yet to join the NZ electricity planning committee then so it was a privileged chance to meet them before they became too high falutin.

Cheers.
Old May 14th 2003, 9:01 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Enjoyed the programme. Really felt for your whole family when you left here. Had to put myself in your shoes and it was really sad.

Glad things are working out well in NZ, business ok, kids settling in at school, finding a nice house etc. Hope you enjoyed the summer on the beach.

Julie, don't worry about all the horrible things people have said about the cleaning and being stressed. Lets just see how they all cope twhn it happens to them. Especailly having young children and no Grand Parents to help. I really appreciate the help my Mother in law gives me and will really miss her. Might just have to take her with us.

And keep up the cleaning !!! I have to do it all the time for my Ugly Step Sisters. They will be lost when I go, will probably have to get an agency in!

Best wishes to you all.

Old May 14th 2003, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

I done a docu about women who do contact sports. I used to do boxing and kickbboxing and the TV crew where always there, it was quite annoying. I originally done it to promote the gym and the sports I was involved in. The pressure not to be protrayed like a nutcase or a primadonna was hard. They even wanted to come to my house and watch me cook dinner and see me interacting with my now husband. It was very strange, but near the end it got to much and I found myself losing my patience.
So different from the family on TV last night. They were under enough pressure without a camera crew watching their every move. I think they done well. A 2,3 or 4 year old is hardwork and I've got a 6 year old girl and a 2 year old boy and they will challenge you most of the time under normal circumstances.

Samantha
Old May 14th 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by stooly
I done a docu about women who do contact sports. I used to do boxing and kickbboxing and the TV crew where always there, it was quite annoying. I originally done it to promote the gym and the sports I was involved in. The pressure not to be protrayed like a nutcase or a primadonna was hard. They even wanted to come to my house and watch me cook dinner and see me interacting with my now husband. It was very strange, but near the end it got to much and I found myself losing my patience.
So different from the family on TV last night. They were under enough pressure without a camera crew watching their every move. I think they done well. A 2,3 or 4 year old is hardwork and I've got a 6 year old girl and a 2 year old boy and they will challenge you most of the time under normal circumstances.

Samantha

Cheers.
Old May 14th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBC2 Program

Hi Firing1

Your show was fantastic - my fioncee is from Oz and I am going over to Brisbane in Aug - but after watching the show last night SHE wanted to move to NZ.

Well done for working so hard to get things moving. Looked tough for you and your family but you have proved that IF you are prepared to work hard and get over the fact that you ARE NOT ON HOLIDAY then things can be achieved.

Anyway - best of luck for coming months. Got it all to come yet - but no kids to trundle along!

Email me if you like - [email protected]

Cheers

Anthony
Old May 20th 2003, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers anthony,
i will email you but things are a bit crazy regarding e mails at the moment as you can imagine so i apologise to anyone i haven't replied to yet i will get round to it!

paul
Old May 20th 2003, 9:51 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by firing1
cheers anthony,
i will email you but things are a bit crazy regarding e mails at the moment as you can imagine so i apologise to anyone i haven't replied to yet i will get round to it!

paul
Paul & Julie,

Just think of this when you are feeling feed up.

It is raining here AGAIN and has been for the past week. It is only 9C today and it is the middle of May. I am sure it is warmer where you are and it is coming up to winter.
Old May 20th 2003, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

rainingagain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cinderella
It is raining here AGAIN
just as well me wife got a new super-strength brolly
Old May 20th 2003, 11:30 am

Originally posted by rainingagain
just as well me wife got a new super-strength brolly
The umbrella manufacturers / importers in the UK must make a fortune.
Old May 21st 2003, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi from tauranga nz

Originally posted by firing1
hi we've been in tauranga in nz for nine weeks now and the computer and stuff have just arrived. loads of stuff i can tell you about the place and you can watch it all on bbc2 on monday nights starting next week (maybe) got to fly loads to do.
Well done!

Am new to this site, so am congratulating you on the move and the programme. Hope things are going well for you and your family.
Have got a few questions if you have time to answer them.
We are linked up with a Nurse recruitment agency, who are finding me a placement hospital on a Work to residency visa. My husband is a design studio manager. We have three children ages 13, 3 and 13 months.
Tauranga sounds lovely but are there any hospitals nearby that I could get a job at. The agency are looking at Auckland or Wellington, but I get the Heeby-Jeebies thinking about city traffic, living, prices etc.

How far away is Auckland in terms of time ( not miles/km).
What are nursery costs like.
We have 3 weeks to decide on an area and date to arrive!!

Thanks for your time and hope that all are well.
Jan
Old May 21st 2003, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Firing1,

Are you vegetarian? There was a mention of veggie burgers on the TV program. If so, is Tauranga a good place for veggies?

Regards
Old May 21st 2003, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
auckland is a 2.5 hour drive from here and yes there are quite a few hospitals around here.
sam goes to nursery 9 hours per week and it costs us $30 (£10).
we have heard there are a shortage of nurses but can't say where. i think there maybe something further back in this thread from people who were looking at nursing in tauranga.
good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.