Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi from tauranga nz

hi from tauranga nz

Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:43 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Good! you keep at it mate, every day is a bit closer to that sale in the uk and you will then be set up with financial back-up you need.
just keep working and you,ll be ok
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:55 am
NZ bound Jan 04

monkeyman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just put our house on the market, cheekly we have over priced it as we are only testing the water, already have had one viewing.

Its going to be a long road to NZ, I am interested in hearing from anybody who's found a fast/faster way in.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:44 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just do it !

Originally posted by monkeyman
Hi everyone, Im new after recently stumbling onto the site. Me (Steve) and Lisa (my wife) and the kids are going to NZ for a couple of wks in Jul/Aug. We are seriously considering immigrating as Im stuck in rut over here (Plymouth) going nowhere very slowly, I’ve just turned 30 and started reviewing my life and coincidently started speaking to a number of people who have lived in NZ or have visited. No one has had anything negative to say, even friend and family weve told have only been positive. I have only just recently caught the NZ Get a new life programme on BBC2 that a friend recorded I made my family watch it and now they have the bug. The next week the flights were booked and we are all looking forward to visiting . We have 5 days in Auckland and 7 in Tauranga. The gamble of going without seeing it for ourselves was too much. We have picked NZ winter cause we wanted to see it at its worst.

To firing1 – Paul

congratulations to you and your family and remember if it gets hard (financially and homesickness) rewind your head back to this time last year and hopefully realise that you are now living your dream. We are a similar family with a young boy (5) and a girl of (9) and we are crossing our fingers for you and Julie sell the house and get the cash boost soon. You have all been an inspiration.

To Ratliffe - Gavin

When are you going and under what visa?

Cheers

Steve
Steve
Hi mate
i also live in plymouth with a wife and 3 kids
We are all set up to go to Tauranga hopefully by september time.
we are just waiting for our house to sell as it has only been on the market for 2 weeks, as soon as it has sold we will be off COOL!!!
The visa we are going on is a general skilled work search visa but as it stands at the moment i havee still got a job waiting for me, i'm waiting on confirmation if they will use it as my official 'job offer' but its not a problem if they dont cos theres loads of work there for me in my trade.
ive got a house in papamoa waiting for me which is fully furnished oh and a car.!!!
Steve , send me a pm if need be but i will try and help you with anything that i can.
'PLEASENCE FAMILY' in christchurch is pretty knowledgeable obut most thing of nz too
cheers Gavin
Old Jun 30th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi eveyone i've been gone a while, basically under a lot of financial pressure with the house not selling so we seriously had to consider coming back to the uk. good news is it looks like the house has sold (we are just waiting for contracts to be signed) but we won't get to excited until the money is in the bank.
the master franchisee has been great and offered to help get us through the next couple of months.its a great place to live but crap if you've got no money. anyway we'll get through it and if we can last another 6 months then we'll be ok.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 9:16 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

firing1,

I always like to hear how things are going for you.

Sorry to hear that the house sale has been an issue. Hope this time it works out. It is hard enough trying to do it the normal way - we also are awaiting contracts.

Guess the buzz around the TV programme has died down a bit now, and you can try to get back to normal. Sounds like the business is doing OK, but the housesale is the big issue. Its good that youv'e got a lot of support from your colleague.

Guess it is starting to cool off a bit, but you won't be getting the bitter cold that the South Island has had recently. You still wearing shorts for your work?

Anyway, I hope you can stick with it and get the house dosh to NZ soon, because it sounds like overall the move is working out for the best. Good luck to you.
Old Jul 6th 2003, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1
hi eveyone i've been gone a while, basically under a lot of financial pressure with the house not selling so we seriously had to consider coming back to the uk. good news is it looks like the house has sold (we are just waiting for contracts to be signed) but we won't get to excited until the money is in the bank.
the master franchisee has been great and offered to help get us through the next couple of months.its a great place to live but crap if you've got no money. anyway we'll get through it and if we can last another 6 months then we'll be ok.
Thanks for the update, Paul. I was wondering how you were getting on and whether the house sale had progressed. I hope you can share some post settlement thoughts with us, once all the loose ends are tied up, which I hope will be very soon.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 2:44 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

monkeyman1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Come on Paul time for an update please!

Just come back from NZ and while in Tauranga bumped into the BBC2 TV stars, who may be busy now spending there money from the sale of there house and starring in the sequeal to the hit TV show.

So lets have the latest mate.

Cheers Steve
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

it's 8 a.m in the morning and i'm just on my way to work in rotorura for the day. The sun is shinning and i've got lots to tell so i will come back online tonight and let you know how we are getting on. It's been a crazy few months!
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Paul, hope to see a good long post in the morning..

Gra..
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait! I think people were concerned that they had'nt heard from you.

Sam (Surrey)
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait! I think people were concerned that they had'nt heard from you.

Sam aka Stooly (Surrey)
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Default hello again

Hi all
sorry i've been gone so long but things have been busy here in tauranga. They have just finished filming the second program on us which is going out in the uk early next year imaginatively titled "we got a new life". it's an hour long program with no presenters apparently. It was better this time as we are more settled here than we were and we have a lot going on as usual!
We finally sold the house in the uk (and got ripped off by connells over the fees!!!) So we have decided to set up a rehearsal studio here like we did in the uk. We will run this alongside car care and have got a lad who is going to work for us at the studio (i'm not going back to working 18 hours a day again)
it's basically too good an opportunity to miss as there are loads of bands here and this will be the first studio of its kind in NZ.
There is also a reality of living here on a lower wage which means unless you bring a potload of money with you (so you can be nearly mortgage free) then you need money to enjoy the lifestyle.
Car care is performing as we predicted and i am working every day now, once we hit summer we should be even busier. Once we get PR we will probably sell car care and concentrate on the music rooms as that is what we really enjoy.
homesickness is still a problem but we are making friends (mainly uk people who have seen the program and stop us in the street) and I have linked up with a NZ guitarist and have started singing again, I should be forming a full band in the next few months.
Julie is happier now the house is sold and i think she'll enjoy getting stuff for the new house. Talking of houses, prices are soaring here and the property we are in (the rent to buy one) has gone up by at least $40,000 in 6 months.
Winter here was a blink and you'll miss it affair with just a couple of frosts and the temperature is on the up again now although we have a bit more rain.
Kids are fine, Zoe is playing hockey at school and has started dance lessons and Sam has started swimming lessons.
Julies mum comes out for a visit soon and my parents arrive just after she leaves so the next few months should fly by. We get visited by brits who are checking out the place most weekends (they saw the show and look up car care in yellow pages) Some , like gavin and steve are moving here which will be great.
anyway enough waffle! we are getting there all be it a bit slower than we hoped and it looks like the bbc might be coming back for a third show so you'll all probably be able to keep tabs on us for the next couple of years.
A bit of advice :: leaving the uk is not for everyone and is definately the hardest thing we have ever done. it's getting easier but do as much research as you can and sell your house before you leave!!!

paul
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul and Julie,
Great to hear your good news re the house and businessES!!! Sound like things are really on the up and we can only be delighted for you! Looking forward to the new programme in the new year and seeing first hand a bit of the progress you have made and hopefully a bit of NZ scenery too of course!

Glad the kids have settled and are finding plenty to do and that you are both making friends already too! Continue to wish you the very best in all you do and thanks for keeping in touch with all us hopefulls on the forum! Take Care!
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hello again

Originally posted by firing1
Hi all....
Glad things are working out now, bet the house sale is a big relief! Good luck with the studio..

Gra..
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

theshopkeeper is an unknown quantity at this point

I HAVE READ WITH GREAT INTEREST YOUR COMMENTS WE HAVE ENGAGED THE HELP OF THE EMIGRATION GROUP IN CHESTER WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT IN OCTOBER WE HAVE TO BUILD A BUSINESS PLAN WE ARE IN GENERAL STORES A FAMILY CONSERN CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY POINTER THAT MIGHT HELP ALSO DO YOU THINK THAT WITH YOU GOING WITH THE GROUP IT MADE IT EASIER TO HAVE YOUR PLAN PASSED WHAT SORT OF THINGS CAN WE EXPECT AT THE INTERVIEW ETC ANY HELP WOULD BE FANTASTIC.
STEPHEN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.