Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi from tauranga nz

hi from tauranga nz

Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

theshopkeeper is an unknown quantity at this point

I HAVE READ WITH GREAT INTEREST YOUR COMMENTS WE HAVE ENGAGED THE HELP OF THE EMIGRATION GROUP IN CHESTER WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT IN OCTOBER WE HAVE TO BUILD A BUSINESS PLAN WE ARE IN GENERAL STORES A FAMILY CONSERN CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY POINTER THAT MIGHT HELP ALSO DO YOU THINK THAT WITH YOU GOING WITH THE GROUP IT MADE IT EASIER TO HAVE YOUR PLAN PASSED WHAT SORT OF THINGS CAN WE EXPECT AT THE INTERVIEW ETC ANY HELP WOULD BE FANTASTIC.
STEPHEN
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

MaryMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi from tauranga nz

Hi firing 1,
My mother has just sent me a clipping about you from the cov telegraph...it's good to read how you've been getting on!

Thanks for the updates
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Hi all,
sorry i've been off for so long but things have been busy as ever. We just had the BBC film an update which is going to be shown early next year and i believe they are repeating the first program at the moment on BBC2. We are about to open a rehearsal studio here in Tauranga (1st nov) and it will be the first of it's kind in nz so it's quite exciting and very scary as we are putting the last of our savings into it ! We are also writing a book and have some publisher's interested so that's where all my computer time is going. We just heard Gavin who uses this sight is finally moving out here later this month so i'll welcome him with a few waikato's (beers). We are still struggling financially but things are improving and if the studio works we should be fine. We are making friends here now and the kids are still loving the place. It's my birthday next month so i'm finally going to get a surfboard ! I hear the summer was great in the UK and David Blaine's getting a bit of grief. Julie's mum arrives soon and it will be nice to actually see some family again. That is definately the hardest part of emigrating. to the guy who is meeting with the emigration group, don't worry it is all very informal and they know what they are talking about and i would definately recommend them. Anyway must dash i've got a book to write !

paul
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:43 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi nice to hear from you and I am glad things are going well for you. We are hoping to emigrate to christchurch just after xmas but the hardest part we are finding is actually selling our house over here its very frustrating.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

firstly. Christchurch is great. we visited last week and had a fantastic time. Secondly, the nightmare we had selling our house almost meant we had to come home so make sure you sell it before you move and don't put it on the market with Connells!!
best of luck

paul
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

talking of christchurch here's a picture (i don't know which one i've attatched so can't comment on it
Attached Thumbnails hi from tauranga nz-000_0051.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Sorry,
I haven't put pictures up before and that one doesn't really show a lot of Christchurch + can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of it !
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:26 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by firing1
talking of christchurch here's a picture (i don't know which one i've attatched so can't comment on it

Great to hear things are looking up for you all. Hope the studio is a success.
Yes we did have a lovely Summer here, but the weather is starting to turn coldish now, just as you will be starting to get warmer. So enjoy your spring and Summer to come.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:36 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry,
I haven't put pictures up before and that one doesn't really show a lot of Christchurch + can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of it !
lol sorry cant help you with the picture I keep asking how to do it too. We cant wait to get to nz I watched you on the programme and was really gunning for you all Im so glad it has worked out for you
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Are you the couple who have the house that have deer coming in the garden? if so we in Canada have already seen the film it was on our t.v.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

firstly. Christchurch is great. we visited last week and had a fantastic time. Secondly, the nightmare we had selling our house almost meant we had to come home so make sure you sell it before you move and don't put it on the market with Connells!!
best of luck

paul
Hi Paul, hope all is well, great pic, kids look real happy

So, what did you think of CChch compared to Tauranga?

Would you be tempted down to the South Island?

Interested to hear you thoughts.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 9:53 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Glad to hear all is still well.

How did you guys cope with the NZ winter?

Resizing pics.....use the software you got with your camera to set the pixel dimension of the photo, along its longest length to about 600. Will fit nicely then

Pete.
Attached Thumbnails hi from tauranga nz-000_0051.jpg  
Old Sep 28th 2003, 12:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Glad to hear all is still well.

How did you guys cope with the NZ winter?

Resizing pics.....use the software you got with your camera to set the pixel dimension of the photo, along its longest length to about 600. Will fit nicely then

Pete.
Try and increase the compression as well. JPEGS may lose a bit of quality but they will load a damn site faster.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,
thanks for the help on the photo's and yes I could see us living in Christchurch although we do prefer the beach lifestyle of Tauranga. I was a bit worried on the way to Christchurch as we were told it is New Zealand's most english town so I thought it might start Julie's homesickness off again. It is actually more like Boston in the USA. In fact many New Zealand towns remind me more of the states than the UK. For anyone interested in Tauranga it is now officailly the fastest growing town in NZ with 150 + people arriving each week. There are thousands of houses being built and house prices are soaring. Our house has gone up around $50,000 in 8 months. There are new shopping centres being built , new roads, sports facilities etc. But don't panic even with all this growth it will be nothing like the concrete jungles back in the UK.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:34 am
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi firing1

we are a family of 4 applying for PR with a job offer in Napier. We decided that was the area that we wanted to live but I have been considering Tauranga instead of Napier. Do you have any views on the comparison between the areas.

Hi all,
thanks for the help on the photo's and yes I could see us living in Christchurch although we do prefer the beach lifestyle of Tauranga. I was a bit worried on the way to Christchurch as we were told it is New Zealand's most english town so I thought it might start Julie's homesickness off again. It is actually more like Boston in the USA. In fact many New Zealand towns remind me more of the states than the UK. For anyone interested in Tauranga it is now officailly the fastest growing town in NZ with 150 + people arriving each week. There are thousands of houses being built and house prices are soaring. Our house has gone up around $50,000 in 8 months. There are new shopping centres being built , new roads, sports facilities etc. But don't panic even with all this growth it will be nothing like the concrete jungles back in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.