Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has Australia changed during the pandemic?

Has Australia changed during the pandemic?

Old Sep 7th 2021, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Australia changed during the pandemic?

Originally Posted by physiogirl76
I could continue to argue with you (as those words from my opening comments have been cited in multiple newspaper articles over the past few months - many written by Australians by the way and multiple personal stories from Australians) but I really don't feel like being personally attacked here nor do I need to justify why I temporarily left Australia so I will leave it at that. I am a dual citizen if that's important for you.
Maybe you should learn the difference between balanced journalism and click bait.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 1:41 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, mateship surely has gone to the back burner especially in this topic. Very entertaining, not.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
Accusing Queensland Health personnel as having views normally associated with uneducated Bogans is highly unprofessional and smacks of elitism. Then accusing those same professionals of being obsessed with zero cases, closed borders, not trusting anyone, not looking at what other countries are implementing, casual racism etc. is unforgivable.
Not normally associated with bogans - Always associated with bogans. This is the problem in Queensland, the health advice is there to give a medical opinion which needs to be weighed up against all other opinions - economic, compassion, freedom, mental health, is just part of the exhaustive list. AnnaPalette is too thick and too bogan to look at all angles, and is being totally led by that old granny Janette Young. The fact she rolls Young under a bus every second day is testament to that.

The fact that people who don't have Covid, are vaccinated, have tested negative, are prepared to quarantine, can't even return home to see a dying father or mother, demonstrates Queensland is incapable of juggling the wide variety of social, economic, and a variety of health issues. They are stuck on the one bogan playlist - Covid.

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
It was your decision to leave Australia in the middle of a pandemic. You knew the score when you left, you can hardly complain now that its difficult to get back in.
That is not your concern. People have a wide variety of reasons to go abroad or interstate for that matter. Work, love, family, to name a few. Just because you don't need to doesn't mean others don't. From a federal level down to a state level, its been an absolute disgrace that our governments haven't been more accommodating here. Thats their job - to look after the needs of people - not just Covid, but the wider needs. I am so thankful I live in a state who recognises the variety that life needs rather than the one trick pony of Janette Youngs Queensland.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Another doughnut day today all thanks to the good auspices of our CHO and Premier, and the cherry om the cake - we're getting the NRL Grand Final in October.