Reload this Page >

The Great Australian Property Swindle

The Great Australian Property Swindle

Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Great Australian Property Swindle

Originally Posted by HUP
If you want to get an idea of how willing to sell your vendor may be this site is very useful

http://www.refindhouseprices.com

It will show you how long a property has been on the market and whether the price has been reduced (and by how much)
ha! just as i thought, there is these god awful serviced apartments in GW, always getting advertised for around 500.000, there must be half a dozen on this site , reduced and been on the market for 2 - 300 days.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
If you want to get an idea of how willing to sell your vendor may be this site is very useful

http://www.refindhouseprices.com

It will show you how long a property has been on the market and whether the price has been reduced (and by how much)
Good site HUP.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:30 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The Refind site is wierd.

In my area it posts listings for properties where the photos relate to a different property entirely. For one place near me it's listed many times with 4 different photos - only 1 is the actual building in question.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
The Refind site is wierd.

In my area it posts listings for properties where the photos relate to a different property entirely. For one place near me it's listed many times with 4 different photos - only 1 is the actual building in question.
Yeah I've noticed this sort of thing with quite a few of these sites, it's a pity that they aren't maintained better.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:47 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Yeah I've noticed this sort of thing with quite a few of these sites, it's a pity that they aren't maintained better.
Not that I know anything about IT, websites, etc etc... but I suspect that it is very hard to (1) obtain the info and (2) keep it up to date.

Lots of listings have no addresses. The ones that do, are quite often changed mid - listing by the real estate agent.... i.e. it will start off with no address, price might drop 3 weeks later, and then the address might become visible... that kind of thing.

Realestate.com.au will definitely maintain this info. I wonder if they use it at all.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by asprilla
Not that I know anything about IT, websites, etc etc... but I suspect that it is very hard to (1) obtain the info and (2) keep it up to date.

Lots of listings have no addresses. The ones that do, are quite often changed mid - listing by the real estate agent.... i.e. it will start off with no address, price might drop 3 weeks later, and then the address might become visible... that kind of thing.

Realestate.com.au will definitely maintain this info. I wonder if they use it at all.
Yeah that's right, they need access to up to date databases such as those used by realestate.com.au and domain. Getting their hands on it may not be straight forward/
Old Apr 8th 2011, 12:24 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good place to start your search if you know what suburb you want because you can start assessing where they may be a bargain to be had
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future
Default How To lose Money Buying Property In Perth

Examples around Perth:
http://nfbpsh.blogspot.com/2011/03/h...operty-in.html
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Great Australian Property Swindle

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Interesting as I've just looked on Realestate.com.au... and cannot find the properties for sale that you have quoted.

Can you point to links that show these prices quoted please ?
Here.

Notice that two of them are from 2009 and the other two are from 2008.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 8th 2011 at 9:22 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

At this point in time my property is worth 34x what I paid for it. Over the years it has fluctuated by $100,00. Prices rise and fall and the only ones who lose are those who buy to make a profit. The ones who buy a home to live in for the long term rarely lose anything

Last edited by Gibbo; Apr 8th 2011 at 11:01 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gibbo
At this point in time my property is worth 34x what I paid for it.
How long have you held it for out of interest?
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
How long have you held it for out of interest?
A very long time! Possibly longer than you've been alive! I do believe however that if you find a property that you are happy to live in for the long term you won't lose.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

A very long time! Possibly longer than you've been alive! I do believe however that if you find a property that you are happy to live in for the long term you won't lose.
No worries, I was just curious to work out the implicit rate of interest.

I strongly believe that there are bad times to buy and selling is not the only way you lose. My thoughts on the matter are well versed at this stage though and I won't bore you again.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve2009
No worries, I was just curious to work out the implicit rate of interest.

I strongly believe that there are bad times to buy and selling is not the only way you lose. My thoughts on the matter are well versed at this stage though and I won't bore you again.
We went through the 17% interest rate. When it went down we kept paying the same amount.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

We went through the 17% interest rate. When it went down we kept paying the same amount.
By implicit rate of interest I mean the implied rate of appreciation to multiply in value 34 times over a given period.

Approximate examples:
46 Years 8%
41 Years 9%
37 Years 10%
34 years 11%
31 years 12%
29 years 13%
27 years 14%
26 years 15%
24 years 16%
23 years 17%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.