Goodbye (again)

Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:16 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye (again)

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Well Mr thread stopper has decided to go, I know when I am not wanted.

I don't know what I've done wrong, but I seem to be stopping threads which isn't fair to the starter. I've added my comments to several threads over the last few days and I dunno, but that seems to be it, or they continue and NOTHING I say gets mentioned ?! It's as if I am not here.

As I say I don't know what I did wrong, but something for sure.

I only ever wanted to be part of the community, but I obv don't fit for some reason.

I've had a few longish threads of recent and apart from the moderator Jeremy, there's been 4 or 5 pages with no other comments other than from 4 or 5 members 1,500 viewings tho! I appreciate they was Student Visa related, and not everyone has a lot to say about that if they are going with PR in hand, but even a word of support would've been nice. Instead of each time my partner asked "well, what are the other people saying?", I'd say "no one has replied but JAJ again", I'd love to have told her "oh 'so and so' has posted saying blah blah blah, but alas!

I don't want knock Jeremy as he's helped us the most on here, but he can be a bit negative towards ppl who want to study to get PR. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, but maybe a few opinions from others might have made the whole 'bashing feeling' we seem to have felt over the last few days not so bad.

For me and my partner the last 2 years has been terrible as far as the Immigration (if it ever happens) has been. We've been on the roller coaster of emotions with the 'yes it's on' and the 'oh sh*t, we can't do it now'. We've been thru the TRA who took 7 months (with priority) to tell us no good! Reasons they gave were there under their eyes, its not like they had to do any checking to come to their conclusion, and maybe I am too paranoid, but I think they just wanted to mess us about, it doesn't take 7 months to tell me I have no qualifications when page 1 of my portfolio stated that!

Anyway, we was told about study to PR, and that's been just as bad as which ever way I look, there is problems or high risks. The last week or so I have probably been spending up to 10 hours a day on the PC. Either on Expat, DIMIA, or whatever, but all Australia related.

My partner suffers with depression anyway, and being a SADS sufferer has not been taking the Winter too good, but with all the stress of the last few days has had a break down, had to go to the Doctor, and is now on medication to get her thru this period. With hindsight maybe I have been too obsessed with this Australia thing that I have neglected her Either way the best thing I can do now is leave Expat and everything else, and put my time and effort where it is more needed for now. We'll be back on track with getting to Australia as soon as we are over this period.

I thought about just disappearing and pop back with a new username then, but that's not fair to the few ppl that have helped me, and have pm'd me to wish me luck and keep them informed, so here's my last post I think, at least I have explained my reasons.

I just want to thank everyone who DID help me with advice and support since I joined, especially JAJ even tho what I just said about the guy.

I'll definitely need to post on here again in the future, but I think I'll get more responses as someone else which is a shame, we all need answers!

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
Hi Paul

I often feel that i am the expert at stopping threads and yes it can get disheartening.

Like the others have said I dont know anything about student stuff so have not been able to reply.

There is a lot of clickyness on this forum but also some good advice, Please dont stop posting.

Good luck with your future plans and hope your partner feels better soon, I also am a long term sufferer so I know where shes coming from.

Kay
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:49 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ok, it is different for Dagboy. You'll notice when reading his posts, the 'reply' button is missing. Its a conspiracy I tells ya.

He's right to be paranoid.

Cheers,
JTL

LOL, I reckon you're right .
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Paul
There is a lot of clickyness on this forum but also some good advice, Please dont stop posting.
That can be true, I think a bigger problem is genuine threads being hijacked by a certain group of people who take it completely off topic.

But in Jim/Pauls case, I just think he mis-understood the function of this forum. Its the lifestyle forum, they try to help with questions about best locations, food, cars ,bank accounts. Not really intricate immigration questions.

I also don't think he did himself any favours by having a go at JAJ who helped him alot.

I can have a go a JAJ as his only advice ever to me was 'ring the council'

Ooops, got all serious for a moment there

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:52 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought - isn't the person who posts last on this thread gonna feel strange :scared: .

As long as its not Jim/Paul/Ringo - that would be the ultimate insult :scared: .
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:04 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=JackTheLad]But in Jim/Pauls case, I just think he mis-understood the function of this forum. Its the lifestyle forum, they try to help with questions about best locations, food, cars ,bank accounts. Not really intricate immigration questions.[QUOTE]

Hi yes I have to agree but hes not the only one, there seems to be an increasing ammount of immigration questions in this forum that should be posted in the immigration forum.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:04 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,dont stop posting......

Its just one of those things,some threads dont get replys others do,its not personal-honestly,no one is delibrately ignoring you.
If someone did, im sure they would pull you up on your post if it offended or they simply did not agree? One thing i have found on this site they are pretty good at filtering out the time wasters,trolls,pains etc & waste no time in telling the person exactly what they think!

Im sorry you & your partner have been having such a tough time,this whole visa process really does put a tremendous strain on each & everyone who is going through it & having been through it,your experience of what you are going through or have been through might just help someone else some day so keep posting & let us all know how your getting on?

Take care & best of luck to you both x

Donna.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Just a thought - isn't the person who posts last on this thread gonna feel strange
As long as its not Jim/Paul/Ringo - that would be the ultimate insult :scared: .
Mrs D you are a perfect example of someone ignoring my posts and then saying the exact same thing

And another thought:

I wouldn't want to be the last poster on this thread . They will get the definitive Thread Killer award!

Cheers,
JTL
This thread will never die, unless its me of course who who posts the killer post.

JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:24 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I think a bigger problem is genuine threads being hijacked by a certain group of people who take it completely off topic.

I can have a go a JAJ as his only advice ever to me was 'ring the council'

JTL
Did he

Did you

Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Mrs D you are a perfect example of someone ignoring my posts and then saying the exact same thing

*fingers in ears* La la la , la la la .
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:39 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what I've done wrong, but I seem to be stopping threads which isn't fair to the starter. I've added my comments to several threads over the last few days and I dunno, but that seems to be it, or they continue and NOTHING I say gets mentioned ?! It's as if I am not here.

I only ever wanted to be part of the community, but I obv don't fit for some reason.

I've had a few longish threads of recent and apart from the moderator Jeremy, there's been 4 or 5 pages with no other comments other than from 4 or 5 members 1,500 viewings tho! I appreciate they was Student Visa related, and not everyone has a lot to say about that if they are going with PR in hand, but even a word of support would've been nice. Instead of each time my partner asked "well, what are the other people saying?", I'd say "no one has replied but JAJ again", I'd love to have told her "oh 'so and so' has posted saying blah blah blah, but alas!

I don't want knock Jeremy as he's helped us the most on here, but he can be a bit negative towards ppl who want to study to get PR. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, but maybe a few opinions from others might have made the whole 'bashing feeling' we seem to have felt over the last few days not so bad.

For me and my partner the last 2 years has been terrible as far as the Immigration (if it ever happens) has been. We've been on the roller coaster of emotions with the 'yes it's on' and the 'oh sh*t, we can't do it now'. We've been thru the TRA who took 7 months (with priority) to tell us no good! Reasons they gave were there under their eyes, its not like they had to do any checking to come to their conclusion, and maybe I am too paranoid, but I think they just wanted to mess us about, it doesn't take 7 months to tell me I have no qualifications when page 1 of my portfolio stated that!

Anyway, we was told about study to PR, and that's been just as bad as which ever way I look, there is problems or high risks. The last week or so I have probably been spending up to 10 hours a day on the PC. Either on Expat, DIMIA, or whatever, but all Australia related.

My partner suffers with depression anyway, and being a SADS sufferer has not been taking the Winter too good, but with all the stress of the last few days has had a break down, had to go to the Doctor, and is now on medication to get her thru this period. With hindsight maybe I have been too obsessed with this Australia thing that I have neglected her Either way the best thing I can do now is leave Expat and everything else, and put my time and effort where it is more needed for now. We'll be back on track with getting to Australia as soon as we are over this period.

I thought about just disappearing and pop back with a new username then, but that's not fair to the few ppl that have helped me, and have pm'd me to wish me luck and keep them informed, so here's my last post I think, at least I have explained my reasons.

I just want to thank everyone who DID help me with advice and support since I joined, especially JAJ even tho what I just said about the guy.

I'll definitely need to post on here again in the future, but I think I'll get more responses as someone else which is a shame, we all need answers!

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)

Take a breather from the whole thing.

I've killed a few threads myself - and had little response to some questions.

Paranoia hits all of us at some point.
But hey that's life. What about when you actually get to Australia and it feels as though everybody else knows what's happening and you don't (and nobody wants to tell you?)

I've only discovered this week (after 3 months) what the hell 'karma' is all about - thought it was some new age thing that I didn't need to worry about. Apologies to all of you who have helped me and I've not sent any - will in future!!

Change the way that you view things - set yourself a challenge of trying to kill every thread you respond to!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:39 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
But we love you...... don't go!
PM me your email addy so we can stay in touch if this is your final decision! (hope it isn't!)

Claire
x
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hope your partner feels better soon paul, and hope you come back to the forum.
take care mate
Trish
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

La la la , la la la
I'll name that tune in one... 'Hey Jude' by the Beatles, what do I win

JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

I'll name that tune in one... 'Hey Jude' by the Beatles, what do I win

JTL
You're in luck - todays prize is a specially prepared box of cockroaches collected just for you as I know you like them so much.

Pity you missed yesterdays prize, don't worry it was only a boring old Aston Martin

(Jim will now be even more paranoid cos we have dragged his thread off topic , sorry Jim )
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

(Jim will now be even more paranoid cos we have dragged his thread off topic , sorry Jim )
Well back on topic, I think it shows, you've got to go with the flow, especially if you've got a tricky/complicated question. If people can't help, at least get a conversation going, and then others join in, and you never know, one of them might be able to help.

I AM going to be the last poster on this thread.

Cheers,
JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.