Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
You could just read another thread.....

BB
...but I'm subscribed to this one and other, sensible posters (yourself excluded of course ) might have something interesting to say.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Mods... now I've tried to play nice and put this political crackpot on my ignore list, but do I have to put up with seeing their witterings when other people respond to it, or is there a way I can blank that as well?

...or do I just have to take it off the ignore list and get stuck in?
Can't you just go away? You hit the "unsubscribe" button on your threads list. It's not like you have brought anything to this thread other than trollerisation.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:52 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

sensible posters (yourself excluded of course ) m
Am I not sensible? Among my strong political beliefs are that the National Defence System will be lions and tigers and the workshy will be fed to the National Defence System.

BB
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Am I not sensible? Among my strong political beliefs are that the National Defence System will be lions and tigers and the workshy will be fed to the National Defence System.

BB
Sounds like a plan to me.

One question though... where you going to get all the lions and tigers from that can man the boats needed to stop all those boat people sneaking in?

To the best of my knowledge lions and tigers are not good in boats.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

One question though... where you going to get all the lions and tigers from that can man the boats needed to stop all those boat people sneaking in?

They might not be good in boats but boy those big cats can swim just fine.. ;-)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:07 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

They don't need to be good in boats. As soon as the boat people hear that they will be met by lions and tigers en masse they will stop coming. Problem solved. Gillard out. Buzzy for Prime Minister.

BB
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seneca21

Where we might agree is on cultural issues. In my mind there are specific cultures which did not benefit from the Enlightenment and seemto have difficulty integrating into Western liberal societies in large numbers.
What Enlightenment is this then?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
They might not be good in boats but boy those big cats can swim just fine.. ;-)
They don't need to be good in boats. As soon as the boat people hear that they will be met by lions and tigers en masse they will stop coming. Problem solved. Gillard out. Buzzy for Prime Minister.

BB
Now you're just being silly. That top end of Oz is full of bloody crocs and that hasn't stopped 'them' coming.

You lost my vote already.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Now you're just being silly. That top end of Oz is full of bloody crocs and that hasn't stopped 'them' coming.

You lost my vote already.
How many of them come from the top end anyways? Never head of a refugee boat headed for cape tribulation, my man
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
How many of them come from the top end anyways? Never head of a refugee boat headed for cape tribulation, my man
Sneaky buggers... they will be landing in Australian Antarctic Territory before we know what's hit us.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:14 am
An Irish navvy

38141 is a jewel in the rough38141 is a jewel in the rough38141 is a jewel in the rough38141 is a jewel in the rough

I must say your post looks tome like you are advocating some kind of racial selection for candidates for Australian citizenship, which is dodgy territory.
Not even gonna bother.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:20 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just go away? You hit the "unsubscribe" button on your threads list. It's not like you have brought anything to this thread other than trollerisation.
Is that like troilism?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 38141
Not even gonna bother.
38141: "It changes because you are importing people from other nations and cultural backgrounds"

bcworld: "Was there ever a time in the last 150 years when this wasn't happening in Australia?"

38141: "Ya but those people from the last 150 yrs were generally of UK/Irish/Euro descent."

What does this mean then? Maybe you can bother answering that. What has their race or cultural background got to do with numerical/resources issues?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Originally Posted by 38141
There is no point in having a country if you are going to accept/invite other people from all over the world to live in it. If you don't agree, then you tell me so seneca why anyone would want to create a country, please?
So, you're saying that the point of a country is to not invite/accept other people?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

38141: "Ya but those people from the last 150 yrs were generally of UK/Irish/Euro descent."

What does this mean then? Maybe you can bother answering that. What has their race or cultural background got to do with numerical/resources issues?
So? You're saying only people from western Europe should be let in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.