Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Who's defending the NSW state parliament? Not me.
Oh for God sake... you have just been banging on about how the States are a great idea. Once its pointed out that perhaps the NSW State gov really isn't that great, then its the old "not me" line.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Oh for God sake... you have just been banging on about how the States are a great idea. Once its pointed out that perhaps the NSW State gov really isn't that great, then its the old "not me" line.
Are you capable of understanding that support for the concept of state government is not the exact same thing as supporting this specific Labor state government in NSW? I hope so.

Problem - a bad state government in NSW.

Solution:

A) replace with better gvernment
B) scrap all state governments.

By your logic (B) we should scrap the federal government as well.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

I rather doubt that. Most people "down the pub" wouldn't recognise an ideological initiative if it danced naked in front of them for an hour and a half.
Which is why you get more sense down the pub than you do listening to ideological fantasists like yourself. People "down the pub" have a tendency to talk about the real world. Not some fantasy running through the local student union about making a grab for power.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why you get more sense down the pub than you do listening to ideological fantasists like yourself. People "down the pub" have a tendency to talk about the real world. Not some fantasy running through the local student union about making a grab for power.
People down the pub are manipulated by professionals whose job is to direct them into voting a particular way.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Are you capable of understanding that support for the concept of state government is not the exact same thing as supporting this specific Labor state government in NSW? I hope so.
...and are you capable of understanding that banging on in support of a concept that has shown itself to be corrupt to the core, while still claiming its a great idea is not that smart?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:00 am
Account Closed

People down the pub are manipulated by professionals whose job is to direct them into voting a particular way.
Now I know you've left the planet. Have a nice day in La La Land.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

...and are you capable of understanding that banging on in support of a concept that has shown itself to be corrupt to the core, while still claiming its a great idea is not that smart?
If stat govt is corrupt then so is federal govt. Shall we scrap federal govt? Your logic says we must.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Now I know you've left the planet. Have a nice day in La La Land.
You have no idea. Look at how polling is conducted for a start, then look into the syllabus of state secondary schools, and the percentage of Marxist theorists in polisci/history departments at university.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:06 am
Account Closed

You have no idea. Look at how polling is conducted for a start, then look into the syllabus of state secondary schools, and the percentage of Marxist theorists in polisci/history departments at university.
Yes mate. I agree with everything you say. Now take the nice blue tablet and go and lie down.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes mate. I agree with everything you say. Now take the nice blue tablet and go and lie down.
It's clear that you are not capable of talking about this without resorting to ad hominem, which is ironic considering we are talking about. What I take from your posts is that you are a supporter of the Labour Party and in total denial about their defeat and the wreckage they turned the country into. That is too bad, I guess.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:22 am
Account Closed

It's clear that you are not capable of talking about this without resorting to ad hominem, which is ironic considering we are talking about. What I take from your posts is that you are a supporter of the Labour Party and in total denial about their defeat and the wreckage they turned the country into. That is too bad, I guess.
Now you see you are letting your own views get in the way of reality again. I am in A U S T R A L I A. The Labour party in the UK has ZERO impact on me and mine. It does, however, seem to be making a bit of a mess of your cognitive reasoning.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Now you see you are letting your own views get in the way of reality again. I am in A U S T R A L I A. The Labour party in the UK has ZERO impact on me and mine. It does, however, seem to be making a bit of a mess of your cognitive reasoning.
So your logic is that as you in Australia you cannot support the British Labour Party? I think back to philosophy of logic 101 for you!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:30 am
Account Closed

So your logic is that as you in Australia you cannot support the British Labour Party? I think back to philosophy of logic 101 for you!
My logic is that as I am 12,000 miles away I don't give a **** about any British party.... similarly I don't care about the Argentines, Spains, Egypts... or any other country I DON'T LIVE IN.

Not everybody is obsessed by politics. Away from your version of reality most people really don't care.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Not everybody is obsessed by politics. Away from your version of reality most people really don't care.
Well thanks for making my point so much clearer for me. I couldn't find a simple way of putting it, but you have - most people really don't care, and therein lies the problem.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Well thanks for making my point so much clearer for me. I couldn't find a simple way of putting it, but you have - most people really don't care, and therein lies the problem.
Explain to me why I would/should give a gnats chuff about UK politics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.