Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting a case of the wobbles a bit

Getting a case of the wobbles a bit

Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting a case of the wobbles a bit

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Thanks, but no thanks.

Are you saying you have to have a "bad life" in the UK to want to make the move to Australia???? Call me naive but I think our boys will have a better life and be just as happy (in time), if not happier, over in Oz which is why we're making the move.
Totally on the same wave length, not running from anything but looking for that 'little' bit more and having 4 boys(and a girl) that the weather alone will give that 'little' extra if nothing else.

Feeling quite positive this evening, have my weeble base on!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Totally on the same wave length, not running from anything but looking for that 'little' bit more and having 4 boys(and a girl) that the weather alone will give that 'little' extra if nothing else.

Feeling quite positive this evening, have my weeble base on!
Hi Guys,

just wanted to say, we are only at the beginning of the TRA and my OH is on & off like a tap!!

1 day he loves the idea - next day he is not so sure.

Good grief - I know I already have days when I wonder if I can really do this!!

but hey - we've been we know sort of what to expect - We know it is gonna be hard - my OH will only see his family again if he comes back to the uk - but we've got 2 girls (3&8) and he hardly sees them because of work.

From everything we've seen/read/heard, we will have a smaller mortgage/NO debt/2 newish cars/Sunshine/TIME/slightly bigger property/parks and beaches you can use/good schools that allow children to be children instead of giving them homework from the age of 5 and having complete epi-fits if they have got untidy hand-writing.

You will make friends when you get there because so many others are in the same boat - even the Ozzies say the same as thay have close rellies all over the country, they say the house tend to be bigger cause you need to accomodate everyone when you have a family get together.

Give it a go is my motto - you can't blame a bod for trying

Niz
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

jodi666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Spent last night talking ourselves silly into weather we are doing the right thing, move is pending house sale.
Things that are bothering us are we have never been before and hope it meets our expectations.
We know there is work there so thats a plus.
To do is reccie would just cost too much.
We have a nice life here but just find we lose 6 months of the year indoors due to the weather, but seems almost too dastric to move to the other side of the world just for weather.
I have 5 littles ones, eldest 11 and in the summer thet virtually live outdoors and are all little fish, lifeguarding etc here, another plus for the move.
We would like to be mortgageless out there but hours on realesate show to match what we have here we won't be, but thats not the end of the world.
Probably will build due to requirements but are put off by the tales on here about paper house.We are currently in a stone cottage so don't want to end up in a lightweight house?!
Don't want to go over there with the attitude of that we can always come back as need to start off we a positive view to stay.
I don't know if it is bit of sun in the uk and you end up thinking well its not that bad here, better the devil you know and all that.
Just trying to take off the OH's rose tinted glasses and then end up questioning my self
Sorry for the ramble on just wondering if anyone else feels/felt like this?
Hi there,

Sorry to go off topic but we have been on GC 6 months came from Essex and my husband is a Farrier wondered if they new each other as horse world a small one. jodi