Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flying to aus while pregnant

flying to aus while pregnant

Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:22 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: flying to aus while pregnant

Originally Posted by Wol
Even the pilots can fly when they're around 32 weeks (the female ones, that is) so I can't see a problem with most airlines.
That is bloody scary!! I kept falling asleep when I was pregnant - anywhere and everywhere. I wouldn't even drive the car.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by black cat
sorry to butt in , but apart from anything else if have you thought about how uncomfortable it will be to fly at 36 weeks, those seat ar'nt very big at the best of times!!! you'll struggle to put your tray table down!
All the best
Yeh defo. It's bad enough sitting in a 'normal' chair, or doing anything else 'normal' at that stage of pregnancy ! Also agree with Australia_bound - about why not paying to go private... if an NHS birth bothers you that much? Each to their own though, although my experience of an NHS birth was excellent, apart from the pain of course... (it's what comes next that I wish I could blame someone for... although I suppose I only have myself to blame... )
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by charb
Yeh defo. It's bad enough sitting in a 'normal' chair, or doing anything else 'normal' at that stage of pregnancy ! Also agree with Australia_bound - about why not paying to go private... if an NHS birth bothers you that much? Each to their own though, although my experience of an NHS birth was excellent, apart from the pain of course... (it's what comes next that I wish I could blame someone for... although I suppose I only have myself to blame... )
yep, anything normal can be a struggle- i did'nt dare have a bath unless my oh was around in case i could'nt get out by myself. Can you imagine using the loos on a plane being 36 weeks pregnant!!! Aaargg
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:24 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Another point not raised so far, is that you will likely have problems getting insurance. Most UK companies (we found) set upper limit lower than several airlines.

I flew both pregnancies around 28wk mark and that was bad enough, even with an upgrade, re lack of space. By 36wks, it will be like early preganancy, very frequent trips to the loo as the little un uses your bladder as kicking/punching bag.

Had one bub in UK (NHS) and one in Oz (public) - only complaint on both side were little niggles, the main thing both times midwives ensure a safe delivery.