Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First time home owners' grant

First time home owners' grant

Old Sep 30th 2006, 4:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First time home owners' grant

We got $12000 and we're mortgage free as well, only problem is we're not allowed to sell for another 3 months, but I can live with that.

In fact if they give me another $12 k I'll stay for another 6 months
Old Sep 30th 2006, 4:33 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
We got $12000 and we're mortgage free as well, only problem is we're not allowed to sell for another 3 months, but I can live with that.

In fact if they give me another $12 k I'll stay for another 6 months
I think here in Perth it's restricted to $7k. There has been reference to it in the news over the last few days but both times a limit of $400k was mentioned yet other people have told us there's no limit. Hence the query.

I know that you do have to stay put for a year but that's OK.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 5:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I think here in Perth it's restricted to $7k. There has been reference to it in the news over the last few days but both times a limit of $400k was mentioned yet other people have told us there's no limit. Hence the query.

I know that you do have to stay put for a year but that's OK.
6 months here in Melbourne are you sure it's a year there?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 5:36 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

6 months here in Melbourne are you sure it's a year there?
This is what it says on the FHOG site:

An eligible home must be occupied by the applicant(s) as their principal place of residence within 12 months of settlement or completion of construction of the home. There are minimum periods of occupancy required by jurisdictions. Please select the State or Territory under More Information below to see if a minimum period applies.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
This is what it says on the FHOG site:

An eligible home must be occupied by the applicant(s) as their principal place of residence within 12 months of settlement or completion of construction of the home. There are minimum periods of occupancy required by jurisdictions. Please select the State or Territory under More Information below to see if a minimum period applies.
Yes but your period of residency is only 6 months we have it on our grant letter.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 5:55 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but your period of residency is only 6 months we have it on our grant letter.
So what you can just live in the place for 6 months and then rent it out or sell it? (in Melbourne?)
Old Sep 30th 2006, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by thebears
So what you can just live in the place for 6 months and then rent it out or sell it? (in Melbourne?)
Anywhere, as long as you take up residency within 12 months and live there for a period of no less than 6 I believe.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:08 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
ill move my stuff into the beer bottle tomorrow then

I'm heading for a tent and the portaloo!!!!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: First time home owners' grant

Originally Posted by Rug13y
Why get a huge debt like that hanging around your neck? Live within your means!
How can you possibly make a call like that, unless you know them personally.

How on earth do you know it is a huge debt, for all you know they may be paying cash.

My advice is, stick to the original subject of the post, before making sweeping statements.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Dicko
How can you possibly make a call like that, unless you know them personally.

How on earth do you know it is a huge debt, for all you know they may be paying cash.

My advice is, stick to the original subject of the post, before making sweeping statements.
The guy says rugby rules, anything after that can be disregaurded as total shit.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:16 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rug13y
Why get a huge debt like that hanging around your neck? Live within your means!
Your settiment is wise but she did mention price not mortgage.

As with other comments don't make assumptions that all buy or need to buy with mortgages. Some of us only us finance for tax offsets.

Size of property is not every ones priority - locating oneself close to school or reducing one's commute are perfectly reasonable reasons.

Next your gona say we are crazy for living out of 2 houses with combined mortgage triple (at least) the OP house price?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:19 am

Your settiment is wise but she did mention price not mortgage.

As with other comments don't make assumptions that all buy or need to buy with mortgages. Some of us only us finance for tax offsets.

Size of property is not every ones priority - locating oneself close to school or reducing one's commute are perfectly reasonable reasons.

Next your gona say we are crazy for living out of 2 houses with combined mortgage triple (at least) the OP house price?
You crazy sheepshagging f**ker
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:22 am
Melbourne Australia

You crazy sheepshagging f**ker
didnt take you long mate

Thought you were watching the final?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:25 am

didnt take you long mate

Thought you were watching the final?
It's over mate.

It's strange that I've been working for the last two weeks and haven't heard it mentioned once, the footy that is,

when I asked it was because they were all in to real football and RL all wanting to chat to me about the EPL and the storm.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:29 am
Melbourne Australia

It's over mate.

It's strange that I've been working for the last two weeks and haven't heard it mentioned once, the footy that is,

when I asked it was because they were all in to real football and RL all wanting to chat to me about the EPL and the storm.
Was given tickets this week but my team wasnt playing so had a sleep this arvo instead Gave the tickets to my staff.

Will your employment prospects increase with a move to the SE? Was in Frankston today and the place seemed to be buzzing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.