Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,i will be moving to perth in dec this year with my family and it can't come soon enough,i feel in leaving the uk i'm leaving the proverbial sinking
ship,i feel with the weather,immigration{ in particular the past twenty years} and more importantly the economy, britain has become a shithole{sorry to offend}i hate to think what the uk will be like in the next couple of decades.
i am leaving britain{scotland}for australia for a better quality of life, i know
it's not all about sun,surf and sand, i will still be working hard and paying the bills as in the uk but that's where the similarity ends,i will be working to live
and not living to work as i seem to be doing at the moment,life in britain has
become intollerable and i'm thankful to have the opportunity to move to oz.
i have been sitting on my visa for a few years now and have visited oz a
couple of times and can say with certainty that when i move i won't be back.
i have no family or friends in oz but i know that the long term benefits will be
without doubt worth it.
now that i've got that off my chest i'd like to hear your thoughts.
martin.

Take three of these a day while sitting down with water.

www.smh.com.au

www.theaustralian.com.au

www.thewest.com.au

Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Go private then, you get what you pay for.
Yeah I will, cos I have to! (re: Student Visa ...... gotta go private!)

Don't get me wrong, I had over £100k of NHS treatment myself in 2003. I won't personally knock the NHS, but as far as the 'mental health' side of things, it's just pants!! ....... I HAVE experience here!!

Originally Posted by jayr
Yes, but I'm not sure many realise the similarities between the NHS and Medicare. Why so many think the NHS (free at the point of delivery) is so bad is beyond me.
As i just said I believe the NHS is excellent, for someone who has just had a mororcycle accident, in intensive care for a week, and spends 4 further weeks on a ward recoverong, it WAS good!! ........ not goin away from that fact!! ......... but!! .......... my partner who is suffering mental health probs now ......... well as i said its just crap!! ....... real crap!! .....

Medicare might not offer the solution, but ......... oh I dunno!!!

I've just had quite a few dealings with the NHS of recent, and years ago, and in my recent needs (partners well being) it's just been so silly I won't even post here!

I'm just fooked off ....... ignore my posts!! ..... prob erelevant aS I'm piss*d now!! ..... hic!!

........ sowwy!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Take three of these a day while sitting down with water.

www.smh.com.au

www.theaustralian.com.au

www.thewest.com.au

again not directed at me, BUT! ......... just took em, with several cans of beer & cider! :scared:

'it aint soooo bad' !!! .......

I have family in the NW London stretch of (1 mile!!!!!!!!!!) NW1 (Chalk Farm) - NW5 (Kentish Town) that currently has a killing a day!

Sorry, didn't read that on ANY of them links!!

U R ok, you are in Oz, I am in the UK with Rose Tinted's on, and it aint so good!

hic! ......
Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

I have family in the NW London stretch of (1 mile!!!!!!!!!!) NW1 (Chalk Farm) - NW5 (Kentish Town) that currently has a killing a day!

Seriously??? :scared: God I grew up pretty near there. Is it a gang thing? Bloody hell. Puts into perspective the one shooting that happened at the McDonalds up the road from me here in Sydney this weekend!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

oh ROFL ....... LMAO ....... PMSL

I gotta say!!

I've obv piss*d someone off BIG TIME as I've had karma!! ......

got this :

fed up with uk (post)th 2005 11:12 pm (date) the UK doesn't need tossers like you'

I must note that they NEVER left their name ...... oh ROFL

wuss! ......... If you have a prob mr/mrs 'nameshy', then tell me!! ........ but at least leave your name so I can follow this up!

I met your type in school, never liked em then, not gonna now!

***** OFF!!!!!

(sorry everyone else)

IF you feel the same, then please post it here, don't do this! ....... real crap!!

I've NEVER said I was the 'know all', and I just post what I think, I'm sure the same as the rest of you, but this type of cack does make me laugh! ........ sorry, it does!!

BE A MAN!!! ........... or WOMAN OBV!! ........ but don't do things on the wonk .......... not good!!!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Un-Co

Seriously??? :scared: God I grew up pretty near there. Is it a gang thing? Bloody hell. Puts into perspective the one shooting that happened at the McDonalds up the road from me here in Sydney this weekend!
Yeah fraid so!

Chalk Farm upto Kentish Town Stn is about a mile. I had a NW5 copper in my cab only last week and he told me this.

I grew up in N19 (Holloway) and lived in NW5 for 5 or 6 years b4 moving upto Herts, It is terrible there, I have family who still live there.

Sorry all London fans, but London (ALL N, E, S, W) is a pit now!!

Well at night anyway! I work in London doin nights (11pm - 4am) and I see it all!

I want out!!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 2:46 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Yeah I will, cos I have to! (re: Student Visa ...... gotta go private!)

Don't get me wrong, I had over £100k of NHS treatment myself in 2003. I won't personally knock the NHS, but as far as the 'mental health' side of things, it's just pants!! ....... I HAVE experience here!!

As i just said I believe the NHS is excellent, for someone who has just had a mororcycle accident, in intensive care for a week, and spends 4 further weeks on a ward recoverong, it WAS good!! ........ not goin away from that fact!! ......... but!! .......... my partner who is suffering mental health probs now ......... well as i said its just crap!! ....... real crap!! .....

Medicare might not offer the solution, but ......... oh I dunno!!!

I've just had quite a few dealings with the NHS of recent, and years ago, and in my recent needs (partners well being) it's just been so silly I won't even post here!

I'm just fooked off ....... ignore my posts!! ..... prob erelevant aS I'm piss*d now!! ..... hic!!

........ sowwy!
If your partner has mental health problems, do you think it wise to move here ? Seriously, it might add their health problem.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 2:51 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim2004
but as far as the 'mental health' side of things, it's just pants!! ....... I HAVE experience here!!
......... but!! .......... my partner who is suffering mental health probs now ......... well as i said its just crap!! ....... real crap!! .....
I have experience of the NHS mental health care as well... there isn`t much! My wife was suicidally depressed, and for years they fobbed her off with `councillors` (who tried to get rid of her after 6 weeks!) and drugs (which had bad side effects... so she never took anymore). After years of psychiatric waiting lists and getting nowhere here I sent her back to Perth and she got to see a PROPER Psychiatrist straight away and saw him every week for the year she was there... paid by Medicare. It didn`t totally cure her but she was a hell of alot better when she came back. If we hadn`t done that she`d be dead and we wouldn`t have a wonderful smiley daughter and another bratlet on the way.

The NHS are far too overstretched with general complaints, and they just don`t have the budget/resources to look after the mentally ill properly.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,i will be moving to perth in dec this year with my family and it can't come soon enough,i feel in leaving the uk i'm leaving the proverbial sinking
ship,i feel with the weather,immigration{ in particular the past twenty years}
now that i've got that off my chest i'd like to hear your thoughts.
martin.
Hasn't the word got back? Australia is full of migrants who, on the whole, are made welcome.

Except the ones who whinge about immigration.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 2:57 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Banksia
Hasn't the word got back? Australia is full of migrants who, on the whole, are made welcome.

Except the ones who whinge about immigration.
There`s a BIG difference. Immigration in the UK isn`t properly controlled.
Immigration in Aus is.

Nothing wrong with people immigrating anywhere, as long as they enhance the country, not bring it down.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

As a mental health nurse I would be terrified to need treatment here in australia....I realise the nhs has its shortfalls but things are way, way behind here (brisbane, have no experience elsewhere in aus.). Do your homework if this is a concern for your family.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

thomas elliott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I am a Canadian born individual but with British citizenship as well due to my father being born in England.
I must say I am always surprised at the number of Brits posting here who are wanting out of Britain because of the growing violence, etc.
I would really suggest to those people to do some more research. The idea of Canada as a safe peacefull place to raise your family is not really based on the facts.
Yes, you may find places like this in the small towns but that is not where the jobs are. The statistics you hear about the employment possibiliites are primarily bogus statistics. The real Canadian unemploymemnt rate is around 20 percent.
Start your own business?
If you think bureacracy in Britain is severe, just wait till you get here.
Vancouver, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal...none of these areas are a safer or better place to raise your families in peace and security than you will find in Britain..
But not to rain on your parade. It would be great to have new British ex-pats settling here.
But come for a holiday. Travel around. Spend six months.
Then decide what you wish to do.
And don't get too excited about current announcements about streamling immigration procedures. We likely have a national election coming up here and these intonements are always pretty loud at these times.
Good luck, but, eh, don't jump.
Jolly old Britain sounds pretty good from here.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by mcmercer
As a mental health nurse I would be terrified to need treatment here in australia....I realise the nhs has its shortfalls but things are way, way behind here (brisbane, have no experience elsewhere in aus.). Do your homework if this is a concern for your family.
Yep. Rx Into solitary at Baxter for anyone like that.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 3:21 pm
Superfreak!!

Originally Posted by thomas elliott
Hi All,
I am a Canadian born individual but with British citizenship as well due to my father being born in England.
I must say I am always surprised at the number of Brits posting here who are wanting out of Britain because of the growing violence, etc.
I would really suggest to those people to do some more research. The idea of Canada as a safe peacefull place to raise your family is not really based on the facts.
Have you stumbled into the wrong forum mate?
Old Apr 17th 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
Have you stumbled into the wrong forum mate?
Was just wondering that, wrong forum same problem its seems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.