Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:49 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by Simone

Thing is, you didn't like it out here, generally, and you were homesick. Don't have to blame it on all Perth's aspects. A few million people live here quite happily, so it's a persons 'fault', or the situation they're in and came from.
Yes, flies can be annoying in some area's, in the summer, but other people aren't as bothered, or get used to them.
Yes, getting a job as a migrant isn't always easy, or when you have kids, but WA has very low unemployment at the moment, and everyone else I know has been able to get jobs.
Yes, it can get very hot, but other people survive(even without aircon, 20 years ago there were most probably a lot less people with aircon!!), and it's usually only a few days a year it's above 35 for example.
etc etc.

I don't give a stuff if people don't like it here, and move away, or back to whereever. What I don't like is people generalising and/or exagerating, and blaming things that don't bother everyone, but have to do with the exact area people are in, or their particular situation, which doesn't apply to everyone. But everyone does it, I guess(me too most probably), some more than others.

Oh, I don't know what I'm blabbing about, never mind!!
You love Perth Simone, and I'm pleased for you, you couldn't wait to go and make something of it and I'm sure you'll be one of many migrants that stay forever to make it your home. I don't feel I generalise about Perth, everyone like yourself has their own opinions to life and what surrounds them. I certainly don't blame Perth or Australia for my homesickness and wanting to come back to the UK - how could I, that would be silly?
I love Australia for a place to visit in the future (other states) and I love Australia for what it has shown us whilst we lived there.

being in Perth wasn't all bad for me, I did enjoy parts of it and do miss my best friend who lives there.

My tiny voice in a million other voices that love living in OZ isn't going to make a difference to people opinions about emmigrating. I only share my experiences as I lived it and I appreciate what you write about your life in Perth. One persons dream home in a busy suburb is heaven, anothers maybe like the man who lives alone by the rail track, the one they throw the Milo to on the way to Adelaide!! lol
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:06 am
Merlot

Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by CyndsandChris
We did this agonising once before when we moved to the UK from SA, its hard to do it and you doo feel like you are failing your friends and family by giving up but then you realise that you would be failing yourself if u stayed!

Now we are heading (hopefully) to NZ as our work permit is running out in dec 05 and we don't want to stay here in the UK! (for many reasons listed!)

Good luck and enjoy it for yourselves first and then think of all the people back home who would never have visited OZ or NZ if u hadn't moved!
Thx for your response, we lived in Oz for 7 years before coming back to the UK for a few years in March 2004 then the plan is back to Oz, but this could change.

M