British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/family-heading-caloundra-aug-sep-612746/)

fairwayskid Jun 9th 2009 4:08 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by nixster (Post 7648997)
hey that would be great!!!! darn good of you! lol :):rofl:

:D

Always glad to help;)

Paddy

Fab 5 Jun 9th 2009 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by nixster (Post 7648583)
Hi all been reading your thread and really want to live in caloundra now! lol were hoping to be coming over next March and i was looking into the redcliffe area, but am worried my two older kids at 11 and 12 ( 13 and 12 when we come over) would be too quiet for them? any thoughts? Caloundra looks like theres more to do for them. my little one will be 2 and a half by then. Any good schools that u reccomend? would be great to join u you all sound so friendly! :)

Hi there, :)

Caloundra is a great place to bring up the family...we have just come back from 3 wks there and looked around schools there...in the Caloundra & Currimundi area which is close by...all of them were primary schools so they would not really be of any use to you as your 2 are older and your little one won't start till 5?
We are hoping to move out their Aug/sep all going well with are house sale...I don't know much about Redcliffe, there was a family earlier on in this thread who was moving from Redcliffe to Caloundra,
hope it all goes well for you, have you got your visa's yet?

Angie:wub:

jo n craig Jun 9th 2009 9:32 pm

Hiya!:D
Can we join your club too???
We fly over 18th August, moving to Caloundra too!
There's me (jo), OH (Craig) and daughter Ruby (4).

Hey! How do I fing you on facebook?
:o

jo n craig Jun 9th 2009 9:34 pm

Ooopppssss!!! I meant 'find' you on facebook!
That's with no vino too!
How often's the courtsey bus from RSL club? Hic!
:lol:

nixster Jun 9th 2009 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7649594)
Hi there, :)

Caloundra is a great place to bring up the family...we have just come back from 3 wks there and looked around schools there...in the Caloundra & Currimundi area which is close by...all of them were primary schools so they would not really be of any use to you as your 2 are older and your little one won't start till 5?
We are hoping to move out their Aug/sep all going well with are house sale...I don't know much about Redcliffe, there was a family earlier on in this thread who was moving from Redcliffe to Caloundra,
hope it all goes well for you, have you got your visa's yet?

Angie:wub:

no not yet currently applying for nursing registration in queensland at the moment then visas afterwards.im not applying for visas untill i have a firm job offer.
the high schools look quite good as well as the primary ones. keep me informd of how you go. be good to meet other people out there in the same boat :)

nixster Jun 9th 2009 9:43 pm

:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by jo n craig (Post 7649880)
Ooopppssss!!! I meant 'find' you on facebook!
That's with no vino too!
How often's the courtsey bus from RSL club? Hic!
:lol:

PatchPoole Jun 9th 2009 9:46 pm

Wahooo. Looks like there are lots of people moving to Caloundra. We're just waiting for our house to be confirmed this week, and we should be there around the 8th July. We can't wait, it's been pretty cold here in ChCh at the moment. We've no idea where we are going to go yet lol, but are going to have a look around Little Mountain, and go and check out Meridan School first. Oh yes, we would be interested to know too, how often that courtesy bus goes to the RSL . . . hiccup hiccup:thumbup:

fairwayskid Jun 9th 2009 10:17 pm

Jaysus

I better get a move on there will be no bloody houses left to rent at this rate:eek:

Paddy:thumbup:

camacazi Jun 9th 2009 11:15 pm

ooh, loads of us now lol

u have to ring rsl to book the bus for whenever u want, think it will take 2 trips with us lot :rofl:

fairwayskid Jun 9th 2009 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7650089)
ooh, loads of us now lol

u have to ring rsl to book the bus for whenever u want, think it will take 2 trips with us lot :rofl:

Might have to get a second bus. That sounds like a job for Helena:rofl:

Paddy:thumbup:

jaca Jun 10th 2009 1:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixster View Post
Hi all been reading your thread and really want to live in caloundra now! lol were hoping to be coming over next March and i was looking into the redcliffe area, but am worried my two older kids at 11 and 12 ( 13 and 12 when we come over) would be too quiet for them? any thoughts? Caloundra looks like theres more to do for them. my little one will be 2 and a half by then. Any good schools that u reccomend? would be great to join u you all sound so friendly!

Hi nixster,
I think the kids would MUCH prefer caloundra...thats why we're moving up there..Deadcliffe's not got much to offer older kids...my daughter's 10 & son's 7 & think they'll have much more when we move than they've had in the year we've been here:fingerscrossed:

do the curry nights extend to the other side of the mountain????:fingerscrossed:...I've picked the wrong side of the hill:thumbdown:haven't I :confused::confused:
can always meet up in the pub I suppose :thumbsup::thumbsup:
jacq:wub:

PatchPoole Jun 10th 2009 1:42 am

Hmm, yum curry nights, better tell my husband about them, he loves curry, how do we get an invite to one of those nights.:):thumbsup:

BethandAndrew Jun 10th 2009 4:04 am

OOOOoooohhhh more people thinking of moving to Little Mountain :thumbsup:
It's bloody lush here :thumbup:
Jo....will pm you my facebook name for you to find me, no drooling over the photos of curry night though LOL
Girls ride their bikes to school now....with us mum's speed walking behind!!! Think I will have to ride my bike to keep up with them ha ha
Curry night is open to familes living in Creekwood estate.
RSL bus holds 23 people, so we fill a bus already as we go there after we have been to everyone's house for a meal....every 6 weeks at the mo.....soon to be twice a year LOL :rofl:
Paddy better move his butt or there will be no houses left to rent here!!!
Beth x x:wub:

PatchPoole Jun 10th 2009 4:06 am

Takes note: To find house in Creekwood Estate:thumbup:

BethandAndrew Jun 10th 2009 4:08 am

Originally Posted by PatchPoole (Post 7650651)
Takes note: To find house in Creekwood Estate:thumbup:

LOL :thumbsup: