British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/family-heading-caloundra-aug-sep-612746/)

Fab 5 Jun 3rd 2009 2:30 pm

Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 
Hi all,
I am due to come out to Caloundra hopefully this Aug/Sep with my hubby & 3 children 8yrs & twins 13mths
My daughter is planning on going to Currimundi state school and we would love to hear from anyone who has also made the move or who are due to... we are wanting to make new friends asap to start our new life...would love to get to know of any meetings going on when we arrive and build friendships with other families....don't want to get homesick through being lonely!!

helena39 Jun 3rd 2009 7:02 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7630122)
Hi all,
I am due to come out to Caloundra hopefully this Aug/Sep with my hubby & 3 children 8yrs & twins 13mths
My daughter is planning on going to Currimundi state school and we would love to hear from anyone who has also made the move or who are due to... we are wanting to make new friends asap to start our new life...would love to get to know of any meetings going on when we arrive and build friendships with other families....don't want to get homesick through being lonely!!

Hi Fab 5, we are a family of 4 going to Caloundra in July. Lauren is 9 & Daniel is 6. I went to see the guys at Caloundra State School which looks fab. We are going to stay in Bellvista in Caloundra West. We too would like to make friends. We loved Caloundra (where there in April on our validation trip). Have you been there before?
Helena

Fab 5 Jun 3rd 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by helena39 (Post 7630845)
Hi Fab 5, we are a family of 4 going to Caloundra in July. Lauren is 9 & Daniel is 6. I went to see the guys at Caloundra State School which looks fab. We are going to stay in Bellvista in Caloundra West. We too would like to make friends. We loved Caloundra (where there in April on our validation trip). Have you been there before?
Helena

:thumbsup: Hi Helena, thanks for your reply, yes we went out for 3wks in May, on a research trip and to activate our visa's..had a fab time! didn't want to come home was going to stay with kids and send other half home to sell the house, but my mum would'nt have been to happy not being able to say goodbye to the grandkids!

My little girl Holly is 8 yrs and is desperate to make new friends straight away so she settles in...she is a bit shy at first and I know that once she's made friends she will settle in nicely, be nice to keep in touch with you having children of the same age,
where about in UK are you from?, we are from the Wirral just over the water from Liverpool...We are hoping to come out Aug/Sep if all goes well with house, so do keep in touch and let us no how you are all getting on, good luck with your move, take care Angie x

fairwayskid Jun 3rd 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7631139)
:thumbsup: Hi Helena, thanks for your reply, yes we went out for 3wks in May, on a research trip and to activate our visa's..had a fab time! didn't want to come home was going to stay with kids and send other half home to sell the house, but my mum would'nt have been to happy not being able to say goodbye to the grandkids!

My little girl Holly is 8 yrs and is desperate to make new friends straight away so she settles in...she is a bit shy at first and I know that once she's made friends she will settle in nicely, be nice to keep in touch with you having children of the same age,
where about in UK are you from?, we are from the Wirral just over the water from Liverpool...We are hoping to come out Aug/Sep if all goes well with house, so do keep in touch and let us no how you are all getting on, good luck with your move, take care Angie x

Hey Angie

I am Helena's BETTER half;)

We had a great time also and loved Caloundra. Like you we did not want to return but had to tie a few things up here and we are now just waiting to finalise the sale of the house ( fingers crossed )

Lauren and Holly would probably get on well together. Lauren is a granny way before her time but she loves singing and dancing and in general is great at making friends.

We are from Ireland, Dublin originally and now living in Cavan the wettest county in Ireland:frown:

I am a Liverpool fan so we should get on ok once you dont shout for the Blues;)

It would be nice to meet up and have a few beers.

Paddy :thumbup:

Ps you have no hope in hell getting me to babysit twins:p

camacazi Jun 4th 2009 12:12 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7630122)
Hi all,
I am due to come out to Caloundra hopefully this Aug/Sep with my hubby & 3 children 8yrs & twins 13mths
My daughter is planning on going to Currimundi state school and we would love to hear from anyone who has also made the move or who are due to... we are wanting to make new friends asap to start our new life...would love to get to know of any meetings going on when we arrive and build friendships with other families....don't want to get homesick through being lonely!!

hi

we live in little mountain, just 5 mins from caloundra. our kids 8 & 5, go to meridan school, it's only couple years old and really good.
we arrived 25th march this year & love it. would love to meet up with use & helena when use get here.

jaca Jun 4th 2009 12:41 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 
I'm hoping to move from redcliffe to little mountain with hubby & 2 kids -10 & 7 & would also like to join the gang !!!:thumbsup:
jacq:wub:

camacazi Jun 4th 2009 12:47 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by jaca (Post 7631507)
I'm hoping to move from redcliffe to little mountain with hubby & 2 kids -10 & 7 & would also like to join the gang !!!:thumbsup:
jacq:wub:

we're gathering up rightly here lol

Fab 5 Jun 4th 2009 9:46 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7631183)
Hey Angie

I am Helena's BETTER half;)

We had a great time also and loved Caloundra. Like you we did not want to return but had to tie a few things up here and we are now just waiting to finalise the sale of the house ( fingers crossed )

Lauren and Holly would probably get on well together. Lauren is a granny way before her time but she loves singing and dancing and in general is great at making friends.

We are from Ireland, Dublin originally and now living in Cavan the wettest county in Ireland:frown:

I am a Liverpool fan so we should get on ok once you dont shout for the Blues;)

It would be nice to meet up and have a few beers.

Paddy :thumbup:

Ps you have no hope in hell getting me to babysit twins:p

Hi there Helena's other half,

Would be great to get together and have a few beers & barbie, as you can see we now have more members added to our meet-up, which is fab! more the merrier,

Glad your are a liverpool fan as you will get on well with my other half, Dave

Hope it all goes well with your house, keep us updated and let us know when you get there, how you settle in

Not sure about you not wanting to babysit my double trouble twins, they are really well behaved and easy to manage...honestly!:p

Fab 5 Jun 4th 2009 9:54 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7631457)
hi

we live in little mountain, just 5 mins from caloundra. our kids 8 & 5, go to meridan school, it's only couple years old and really good.
we arrived 25th march this year & love it. would love to meet up with use & helena when use get here.

:thumbsup:Hi there, that would be great to meet up, and would be good for the kids to make friends..aswell as the adults,

I can't wait to come out, We looked around Little mountain and it looks a lovely area, to be honest it all looks nice, so hard to decide!

Have you got boys, girls or one of each, I have 8 yr old Holly & 13mth old Max & Keane

How are you finding settling in?

Take care

Angie x

Fab 5 Jun 4th 2009 9:59 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by jaca (Post 7631507)
I'm hoping to move from redcliffe to little mountain with hubby & 2 kids -10 & 7 & would also like to join the gang !!!:thumbsup:
jacq:wub:

:thumbsup: Welcome to the gang!
How long have you been in Redcliffe? why have you decided to move?
Im hoping to come out Aug/Sep, so be great to have a big get together & make lots of new mates!!

Take care & keep in touch

Angie xx

fairwayskid Jun 4th 2009 10:20 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 
Hey Angie


You addicted to this site already??

Next you will be like the rest of sitting down for a few minutes and before you know it you will have a bottle beside you and be here for hours;)


Paddy:thumbup:

viviennef Jun 4th 2009 10:44 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 
Theres also a facebook group called the The Sunshine Coast BE Meetups !!

We meet about once a month for bbqs and stuff

Viv

camacazi Jun 4th 2009 10:46 am

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7632831)
:thumbsup:Hi there, that would be great to meet up, and would be good for the kids to make friends..aswell as the adults,

I can't wait to come out, We looked around Little mountain and it looks a lovely area, to be honest it all looks nice, so hard to decide!

Have you got boys, girls or one of each, I have 8 yr old Holly & 13mth old Max & Keane

How are you finding settling in?

Take care

Angie x

hi angie

oh is a liverpool supporter as well!!!

alana is 8 & matthew is 6, we have all settled in really well.

a family moved here a few weeks ago from birmingham, she was telling me 2day, her friend from home knows someone thats coming out & could she contact her, she said her name is angela, is that you??

helena39 Jun 4th 2009 1:10 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7631139)
:thumbsup: Hi Helena, thanks for your reply, yes we went out for 3wks in May, on a research trip and to activate our visa's..had a fab time! didn't want to come home was going to stay with kids and send other half home to sell the house, but my mum would'nt have been to happy not being able to say goodbye to the grandkids!

My little girl Holly is 8 yrs and is desperate to make new friends straight away so she settles in...she is a bit shy at first and I know that once she's made friends she will settle in nicely, be nice to keep in touch with you having children of the same age,
where about in UK are you from?, we are from the Wirral just over the water from Liverpool...We are hoping to come out Aug/Sep if all goes well with house, so do keep in touch and let us no how you are all getting on, good luck with your move, take care Angie x

Hi Angie,

I'd love to keep in touch. Lauren is a good girl. Lauren would love to have a penpal (emails) is anyone wants their kids to start making firends now. Just a thought.
Helena

helena39 Jun 4th 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep
 

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7631518)
we're gathering up rightly here lol

Hiye,

It would be great to start making friends so when we all arrive we can have a big BBQ anf a glass or two of wine :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Helena


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:05 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.