British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/family-heading-caloundra-aug-sep-612746/)

Baby75 Jun 4th 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by helena39 (Post 7634396)
Hey Niamh,
We went to the RSL when we were there and it was great. It is enormous!
Helena

our last night we had dinner there with friends great fun:thumbsup: then we came home and cleaned :rofl::rofl:

its big alright and they made my dh put on a shirt lol he had a funny t shirt on :lol: all good though

Fab 5 Jun 4th 2009 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Baby75 (Post 7634295)
thats it exactly you dont know till you try and it as worth trying :thumbsup:

oooh for got to say the Caloundra RSL has a fee bus that pick you up and drops you off great when you want a few drinks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats sounds great...and a great place to meet people and if you can have a few drinks and not have to worry about getting home even better xx

jaca Jun 4th 2009 11:16 pm

Hi,
I've been in Redcliffe for almost 1yr...we arrived last July from sunny Ayrshire :rofl: & NO regrets !!! love it here...just not that keen to settle in Redcliffe for good...hoping Caloundra's the place to be...:unsure:maybe it's just my itchy feet :rofl:
I'm wishing I could've rented in the estates close to the school ...where the kids play outside ....but needed more space coz we have the in-laws over with us...hoping the kids'll make plenty of new friends who can come over to play :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
jacq:wub:

fairwayskid Jun 4th 2009 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jaca (Post 7635297)
Hi,
I've been in Redcliffe for almost 1yr...we arrived last July from sunny Ayrshire :rofl: & NO regrets !!! love it here...just not that keen to settle in Redcliffe for good...hoping Caloundra's the place to be...:unsure:maybe it's just my itchy feet :rofl:
I'm wishing I could've rented in the estates close to the school ...where the kids play outside ....but needed more space coz we have the in-laws over with us...hoping the kids'll make plenty of new friends who can come over to play :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Hey Jaca

We loved Caloundra when there. We didnt want to leave:( We have two kids Lauren who is 9 And Daniel who is 6, sounds like we could have some ready made friends for the kids.

Look forward to meeting as many as we can when we arrive and could have a day out in the RSL and have the bus drop us home:thumbsup:

By any chance do any of you guys play snooker??

Paddy :thumbup:

Pagani-Rennox Jun 5th 2009 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7633782)
Hi,

Surely were not all Liverpool fans... to be honest Im not into the footie like my other half...I'd rather sit on the beach watching the surfers!!
have you been in Caloundra long?

Angie x

Been here since December. Living at Kings Beach. Nice to get up and see the ocean every day.

Jim

Pagani-Rennox Jun 5th 2009 12:04 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7635351)
Hey Jaca

We loved Caloundra when there. We didnt want to leave:( We have two kids Lauren who is 9 And Daniel who is 6, sounds like we could have some ready made friends for the kids.

Look forward to meeting as many as we can when we arrive and could have a day out in the RSL and have the bus drop us home:thumbsup:

By any chance do any of you guys play snooker??

Paddy :thumbup:

Alright Paddy i've got a boy at 8 and another one whose 6. :thumbup:

Not played snooker for years, but i'm up for a game:thumbsup:

camacazi Jun 5th 2009 12:39 am

we should gef have a meet up & bbq, going to the rsl this sat nite, kids are so excited!! going with 3 other families in our park, we usually have a food theme nite every sat, and take it in turns to each others house. so far we've had curry nite, chinese, mexican & italian all good craic!!

jaca Jun 5th 2009 1:39 am

I'm pants at snooker but after a few:drinkwine::drinkwine: I feel my game improves dramatically:blink:
I'm lovin the food theme nights :(:( wish I lived in your street:rofl: Definately up for a night at the RSL though...Feel like my social life's improving already & we've not even moved yet :fingerscrossed:!!!

fairwayskid Jun 5th 2009 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox (Post 7635371)
Alright Paddy i've got a boy at 8 and another one whose 6. :thumbup:

Not played snooker for years, but i'm up for a game:thumbsup:

I aint played for about 8 years either but going to start again.

Going on the :beer::beer: now as house sale has fallen through:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Paddy:thumbup:

Fab 5 Jun 5th 2009 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox (Post 7635369)
Been here since December. Living at Kings Beach. Nice to get up and see the ocean every day.

Jim

Hey Jim, it sounds like bliss, beats waking up to the good old british weather!

Fab 5 Jun 5th 2009 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7637835)

Going on the :beer::beer: now as house sale has fallen through:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hey Paddy,
Sorry to hear about your house falling through, im sure it will all be ok, you will get there, keep your chin up!!

Fab 5 Jun 5th 2009 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by jaca (Post 7635297)
Hi,

:thumbsup:Hiya Jacq,
Caloundra is fab! a great place for the kids and with all these great families planning to get together could be just what your looking for...
Just don't forget to invite me aswell once we come out:fingerscrossed:
Angie xx

Fab 5 Jun 5th 2009 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7635418)
we should gef have a meet up & bbq, going to the rsl this sat nite, kids are so excited!! going with 3 other families in our park, we usually have a food theme nite every sat, and take it in turns to each others house. so far we've had curry nite, chinese, mexican & italian all good craic!!

Hi Caroline,

Those theme nights sounds brill! & count us in for the RSL to when we arrive

Angie x

camacazi Jun 5th 2009 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7637835)

sorry to hear that paddy, bet ur gutted:sneaky::frown:

fairwayskid Jun 5th 2009 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7638667)
sorry to hear that paddy, bet ur gutted:sneaky::frown:

Hey Caroline

Thanks we are a bit gutted. But no point in time worrying about it. As i say you need to take the blow and get on with it no point in time crying, it wont change what has happened.

Now it full steam ahead hope to get the movers in next week and get our stuff on the move. And we will head over in July and hope the house sell's in the next few months.