British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/family-heading-caloundra-aug-sep-612746/)

fairwayskid Jun 7th 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Right thats it.

We were going to go to bellvista but after reading about how much fun you guys are having in Little Mountain i think we will head there instead. Seems like if we go there that we will have a ready made social life and plenty of friends for the kids.

We were planing on going on the 14th of July but once i heard that is Beth's birthday i think we will leave on the 30th of June just to make sure we are there in time for the party;)

If you guys could give me some info on the school and how long it takes to walk to it would be great and also how your kids are getting on in the school would be great.

It sounds like you guys have a great little click going on and hope that you will let us join when we get there:)

Paddy:thumbup:

camacazi Jun 7th 2009 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7643222)
Right thats it.

We were going to go to bellvista but after reading about how much fun you guys are having in Little Mountain i think we will head there instead. Seems like if we go there that we will have a ready made social life and plenty of friends for the kids.

We were planing on going on the 14th of July but once i heard that is Beth's birthday i think we will leave on the 30th of June just to make sure we are there in time for the party;)

If you guys could give me some info on the school and how long it takes to walk to it would be great and also how your kids are getting on in the school would be great.

It sounds like you guys have a great little click going on and hope that you will let us join when we get there:)

morning!

kids settled really quickly in school, only about 5 min walk away! everyone really nice & friendly.
i'llhave a look for the school web site.

fairwayskid Jun 7th 2009 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7643246)
morning!

kids settled really quickly in school, only about 5 min walk away! everyone really nice & friendly.
i'llhave a look for the school web site.

Hey Caroline

No need i checked out the website already. Just sounds like you guys are in a great area. We liked the look of belle vista. But after hearing you guys going on about little mountain i think it would be great to be near you's and have some people that we know around us. Even though we have never actually met:)

But it seems like you guys get on great and the kids have made friends quick which is great.

camacazi Jun 7th 2009 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7643253)
Hey Caroline

No need i checked out the website already. Just sounds like you guys are in a great area. We liked the look of belle vista. But after hearing you guys going on about little mountain i think it would be great to be near you's and have some people that we know around us. Even though we have never actually met:)

But it seems like you guys get on great and the kids have made friends quick which is great.

yeah, everyone gets on great here, get those tickets booked!!

we were going to go to bellvista as well, actually got approved for a rental there but turned it down because there was no aircon, so glad we did...then we found here. often wonder would we have been as happy if we went to bellvista.

BethandAndrew Jun 7th 2009 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7643102)
:)Hi Beth,

Sounds fab!, were hoping to come out Aug/Sep, me, hubby & 3 kids, so would be great to meet everyone....

take care
Angie x

Hi Angie......look forward to meeting you hun :thumbsup: The children will be friends within 5 minutes of meeting each other LOL.

Right thats it.

Paddy

WOO HOO PADDY!!!! :thumbup: Not long to go then!!! Bellvista is a bus ride away for the kids to attend Meridan school. Creekwood is a few minutes walk with us crazy lot :eek:
My girls had A's & B's on their first school report here, so have settled in very well
Looks like I'll have to have a huge birthday cake hee hee
PM me if you have facebook, you can see all our photos then :thumbsup:
We're all ready and waiting to meet you guys with open arms, you'll be just fine here :wub:

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7643253)
Hey Caroline

Paddy

BOOK YOUR BLOODY FLIGHTS!!!!!

Beth x x :wub:

fairwayskid Jun 7th 2009 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7643264)
yeah, everyone gets on great here, get those tickets booked!!

we were going to go to bellvista as well, actually got approved for a rental there but turned it down because there was no aircon, so glad we did...then we found here. often wonder would we have been as happy if we went to bellvista.

We liked the look of bellvista but now we have heard of how well you guys are getting on and how the much the kids love it. We will have to rethink. Also i was sold once i heard you have curry nights:lol:

Paddy :thumbup:

BethandAndrew Jun 7th 2009 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7643268)
We liked the look of bellvista but now we have heard of how well you guys are getting on and how the much the kids love it. We will have to rethink. Also i was sold once i heard you have curry nights:lol:

Paddy :thumbup:

AAaaaahhhhh the famous curry night!!!! :thumbsup:
Dead easy.......the person whose house the meal is in decides the type of meal everyone cooks.
Say my house is a curry night then, each family brings something to eat, like someone brings chips & naan breads, another brings onion rings & pop for the kids, another rice & popadums, another a chicken curry, and then I would have cooked yet another curry.
There is always way too much food on the table LOL but always have a great night :thumbup:
All food is cooked before it's brought to my house, so we can eat when everyones gets here :p
At the moment there are 10 adults & 14 children.........looks like we'll be expanding fast!!!

fairwayskid Jun 8th 2009 12:02 am

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew (Post 7643273)
AAaaaahhhhh the famous curry night!!!! :thumbsup:
Dead easy.......the person whose house the meal is in decides the type of meal everyone cooks.
Say my house is a curry night then, each family brings something to eat, like someone brings chips & naan breads, another brings onion rings & pop for the kids, another rice & popadums, another a chicken curry, and then I would have cooked yet another curry.
There is always way too much food on the table LOL but always have a great night :thumbup:
All food is cooked before it's brought to my house, so we can eat when everyones gets here :p
At the moment there are 10 adults & 14 children.........looks like we'll be expanding fast!!!

That's it i am SOLD

Be there in 24 days:eek:

BethandAndrew Jun 8th 2009 12:04 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7643278)
That's it i am SOLD

Be there in 24 days:eek:

WOO-FRIGGING-HOO!!!!!!!! :thumbup: You won't regret it mate. See you soon then (remember my birthday prezzy LOL)

Baby75 Jun 8th 2009 7:09 am

Right thats it.

Hi Paddy I lived there and loved it, there is a bus for the school ( I used to see it every morning when I was bringing mine to Maroochydore) as far as I know. or you can get the 603 in to the interchange in Caloundra and go from there as there are loads of school in that area. Im sure some one else knows for sure you wouldn't walk from bellvista to the primary school in the heat any way you'd be dead on your feet LOL you would cycle though we used to cycle to the IGA shop in the evening there is a short cut easy to find :thumbsup:

http://www.google.ie/search?q=primar...L_enAU290AU290

fairwayskid Jun 8th 2009 10:23 am

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew (Post 7643282)
WOO-FRIGGING-HOO!!!!!!!! :thumbup: You won't regret it mate. See you soon then (remember my birthday prezzy LOL)

:rofl::rofl:

Your prezzy might have to go into the container as it will be to big to take on the plane:p

BethandAndrew Jun 8th 2009 10:49 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7644397)
:rofl::rofl:

Your prezzy might have to go into the container as it will be to big to take on the plane:p

ROTFPMSL :rofl:

nixster Jun 9th 2009 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Baby75 (Post 7643985)
Hi Paddy I lived there and loved it, there is a bus for the school ( I used to see it every morning when I was bringing mine to Maroochydore) as far as I know. or you can get the 603 in to the interchange in Caloundra and go from there as there are loads of school in that area. Im sure some one else knows for sure you wouldn't walk from bellvista to the primary school in the heat any way you'd be dead on your feet LOL you would cycle though we used to cycle to the IGA shop in the evening there is a short cut easy to find :thumbsup:

http://www.google.ie/search?q=primar...L_enAU290AU290

Hi all been reading your thread and really want to live in caloundra now! lol were hoping to be coming over next March and i was looking into the redcliffe area, but am worried my two older kids at 11 and 12 ( 13 and 12 when we come over) would be too quiet for them? any thoughts? Caloundra looks like theres more to do for them. my little one will be 2 and a half by then. Any good schools that u reccomend? would be great to join u you all sound so friendly! :)

fairwayskid Jun 9th 2009 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by nixster (Post 7648583)
Hi all been reading your thread and really want to live in caloundra now! lol were hoping to be coming over next March and i was looking into the redcliffe area, but am worried my two older kids at 11 and 12 ( 13 and 12 when we come over) would be too quiet for them? any thoughts? Caloundra looks like theres more to do for them. my little one will be 2 and a half by then. Any good schools that u reccomend? would be great to join u you all sound so friendly! :)

Hey Nixster

I will warn all the spiders that you are coming:p:p

nixster Jun 9th 2009 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7648985)
Hey Nixster

I will warn all the spiders that you are coming:p:p

hey that would be great!!!! darn good of you! lol :):rofl: