British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/family-heading-caloundra-aug-sep-612746/)

fairwayskid Jun 5th 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by Fab 5 (Post 7638539)
Hey Paddy,
Sorry to hear about your house falling through, im sure it will all be ok, you will get there, keep your chin up!!

Thanks Angie

The :beer::beer: helps :p

Paddy :thumbup:

camacazi Jun 5th 2009 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7638677)
Hey Caroline

Thanks we are a bit gutted. But no point in time worrying about it. As i say you need to take the blow and get on with it no point in time crying, it wont change what has happened.

Now it full steam ahead hope to get the movers in next week and get our stuff on the move. And we will head over in July and hope the house sell's in the next few months.

Paddy:thumbup:

thats good ur still coming then, can u rent it out?

fairwayskid Jun 5th 2009 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7638682)
thats good ur still coming then, can u rent it out?

Ah Caroline

You are as bad as me for being on this site:lol:

Deffo still coming i have a job to go to and am not going to let that slip away. Going to leave enough money for the mortgage for a year and hope we get it sold by then. Reckon it would work out cheaper doing that instead of renting as it would probably cost more in the long run if we rent it.

camacazi Jun 5th 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7638696)
Ah Caroline

You are as bad as me for being on this site:lol:

Deffo still coming i have a job to go to and am not going to let that slip away. Going to leave enough money for the mortgage for a year and hope we get it sold by then. Reckon it would work out cheaper doing that instead of renting as it would probably cost more in the long run if we rent it.

oh thats good, were the job?

i know, never of this thing, keep sayin i'm goin 2 go get dressed an then another half hours away lol.

right, def away 2 get sorted!

fairwayskid Jun 5th 2009 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7638701)
oh thats good, were the job?

i know, never of this thing, keep sayin i'm goin 2 go get dressed an then another half hours away lol.

right, def away 2 get sorted!

:rofl::rofl:

You on the wine already cause that made no sense to me:rofl::rofl:

Paddy

camacazi Jun 6th 2009 12:11 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7638708)
:rofl::rofl:

You on the wine already cause that made no sense to me:rofl::rofl:

Paddy

:rofl::rofl: its bad enough here they dont understand my accent here but u cant even hear me! lol

i'll try again, where is the job u got?

i'm never off the computer, need to get dressed & do something!!

fairwayskid Jun 6th 2009 12:18 am

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 7638767)
:rofl::rofl: its bad enough here they dont understand my accent here but u cant even hear me! lol

i'll try again, where is the job u got?

i'm never off the computer, need to get dressed & do something!!

Job is in Maleny and put some clothes on i might go mad thinking i am talking to a naked woman:p

camacazi Jun 6th 2009 12:22 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7638779)
Job is in Maleny and put some clothes on i might go mad thinking i am talking to a naked woman:p

pmsl, we were in maleny last week, it's beautiful, there was a show day and they had a rodeo show, good craic!

BethandAndrew Jun 7th 2009 1:01 am

WOO HOO!!!!! :thumbsup:
We live in Little Mountain......in the same estate as Camacazi :thumbup:
Love it here.......have 4 girls who go to Meridan State College and have settled in well. Loads of kids in the street.
Hubby is a Liverpool fan too :thumbup:
I even rode my bike yesterday for the first time in years!!!! LOL
I started the curry night off......and we now have 5 families in the street involved, taking it in turns to go to a different house for a different meal each Saturday. Bloody good laugh too :p
We couldn't sell our house in the UK for 2 years, so we have rented it out for now.
We pass kangaroos each morning on the walk to school!!!!
Brilliant place to live, we just couldn't decide where in Oz to live........but have def made the right decision coming to Caloundra.
We have 7 beaches within a 3-4 mile radius of our house!! :D
Looks like curry night may be expanding very shortly eh Camacazi?!!!
Great night out in the RSL last night.....free bus there and back, and the kids safely signed into the supervised playroom :thumbsup:
Beth x x :wub:

BethandAndrew Jun 7th 2009 1:06 am

Oh forgot to say.......anyone moving near us in Little Mountain.....don't panic over waiting for your container to arrive, I'm sure we can all lend you stuff to survive until it comes :thumbsup:

fairwayskid Jun 7th 2009 1:10 am

Hey Beth

thought that dancing hippo was gone forever. I didnt know that you made it over and liked it. The last i heard was that you had given up and were not going. Glad to hear you love it and kids are settled.

Look forward to meeting up when we arrive. Looking at booking flights for the 14 of July.

BethandAndrew Jun 7th 2009 1:14 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7641089)
Hey Beth

thought that dancing hippo was gone forever. I didnt know that you made it over and liked it. The last i heard was that you had given up and were not going. Glad to hear you love it and kids are settled.

Look forward to meeting up when we arrive. Looking at booking flights for the 14 of July.

AAAaaaaahhhhh that's my birthday!!!!! :thumbsup: Won't be any cake left for you ha ha
The dancing hippo is alive and well LOL :p
Camacazi told me you were thinking of coming here, so I thought I'd pop back out to say hello!!!
We did give up......but Oz kept niggling at us.......so we just bit the bullet and came here. Best thing we ever did. Don't know why I got so worked up looking back now LOL.
If you need a place to crash until you get a rental, just yell!!!
Looking forward to meeting you all!!

fairwayskid Jun 7th 2009 10:46 am

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew (Post 7641097)
AAAaaaaahhhhh that's my birthday!!!!! :thumbsup: Won't be any cake left for you ha ha
The dancing hippo is alive and well LOL :p
Camacazi told me you were thinking of coming here, so I thought I'd pop back out to say hello!!!
We did give up......but Oz kept niggling at us.......so we just bit the bullet and came here. Best thing we ever did. Don't know why I got so worked up looking back now LOL.
If you need a place to crash until you get a rental, just yell!!!
Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Hey Beth

Thanks for the offer might hold you to it;) And we might have to come earlier now so we are there in time for the cake:p

BethandAndrew Jun 7th 2009 11:00 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 7641892)
Hey Beth

Thanks for the offer might hold you to it;) And we might have to come earlier now so we are there in time for the cake:p

No problem......the offer stands for you :D
I know exactly how stressed and tired and excited you'll be on arrival, so I'm glad to help!!
More Irish coming then LOL......between the Irish and the Welsh here the street won't be quiet for long hee hee

Fab 5 Jun 7th 2009 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew (Post 7641079)
WOO HOO!!!!! :thumbsup:
We live in Little Mountain......in the same estate as Camacazi :thumbup:
Love it here.......have 4 girls who go to Meridan State College and have settled in well. Loads of kids in the street.
Hubby is a Liverpool fan too :thumbup:
I even rode my bike yesterday for the first time in years!!!! LOL
I started the curry night off......and we now have 5 families in the street involved, taking it in turns to go to a different house for a different meal each Saturday. Bloody good laugh too :p
We couldn't sell our house in the UK for 2 years, so we have rented it out for now.
We pass kangaroos each morning on the walk to school!!!!
Brilliant place to live, we just couldn't decide where in Oz to live........but have def made the right decision coming to Caloundra.
We have 7 beaches within a 3-4 mile radius of our house!! :D
Looks like curry night may be expanding very shortly eh Camacazi?!!!
Great night out in the RSL last night.....free bus there and back, and the kids safely signed into the supervised playroom :thumbsup:

:)Hi Beth,

Sounds fab!, were hoping to come out Aug/Sep, me, hubby & 3 kids, so would be great to meet everyone....

take care
Angie x