Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:36 pm
ClairePagani

Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Is it all Liverpool fans that are moving out here? Not any Celtic fans.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Fab 5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Angie

You addicted to this site already??

Next you will be like the rest of sitting down for a few minutes and before you know it you will have a bottle beside you and be here for hours

Paddy
Hiya Paddy,

I think I am addicted already, once the babies go to sleep im straight back on, sad hey! you would think I have nothing better to do...but Im making friends with fellow buddies and what can be more important than that.

Unfortunately the only bottles ive got beside me are the babies milk bottles..
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by viviennef
Theres also a facebook group called the The Sunshine Coast BE Meetups !!

We meet about once a month for bbqs and stuff

Viv
Hi Viv,

Ive joined that group yesterday aswell, be great to meet up.

have you been on Oz long?

angie x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi angie

oh is a liverpool supporter as well!!!

alana is 8 & matthew is 6, we have all settled in really well.

a family moved here a few weeks ago from birmingham, she was telling me 2day, her friend from home knows someone thats coming out & could she contact her, she said her name is angela, is that you??
Hiya,

glad you have settled in fine, must be great to finally be there and be settled!

Im not sure whether or not that is me your friend knows, I don't know any one from Birmingham...
Then again thinking about it I have been e-mailing someone living in Currimundi who was from Birmingham, he had 2 young boys!! if it was him he was very helpful

Keep in touch and we will meet soon

Angie x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Angie,

I'd love to keep in touch. Lauren is a good girl. Lauren would love to have a penpal (emails) is anyone wants their kids to start making firends now. Just a thought.
Helena
Hi Helena,

My 1st ever buddy on this site! I think Holly would love to e-mail Lauren and its a good way for them to keep in touch & get to know each other before the actually meet...great idea

Good luck with selling your home, and I can't wait to meet you all

Angie x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helena39
Hiye,

It would be great to start making friends so when we all arrive we can have a big BBQ anf a glass or two of wine

Helena
Sounds great...X
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox
Is it all Liverpool fans that are moving out here? Not any Celtic fans.
Hi,

Surely were not all Liverpool fans... to be honest Im not into the footie like my other half...I'd rather sit on the beach watching the surfers!!
have you been in Caloundra long?

Angie x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:22 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys,

I lived in Caloundra in Bellvista in fact. its a lovely spot I loved it.

The library is good and Kings beach with the swimming pool.

Join the Caloundra RSL club great for eating out and they have a supervised play room for the kids

good luck with the move
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi Guys,

Join the Caloundra RSL club great for eating out and they have a supervised play room for the kids

good luck with the move
Hi there,

I just loved Kings beach, it was fab! never checked out the library but a good idea to go with kids.

We went to the RSL for information on what they do but never actually went their, will do when we get back though

Where do you live now?

Angie
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:50 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fab 5
Hi there,

I just loved Kings beach, it was fab! never checked out the library but a good idea to go with kids.

We went to the RSL for information on what they do but never actually went their, will do when we get back though

Where do you live now?

Angie

yep kings beach was great and i loved the pool with 4 small kids i felt safe bringing them there on my own in the day. especially with the lifeguards .

the library is very child friendly has a play station and a big children's section.

Im back home in Ireland now I got very homesick and lack of work for my DH but Caloundra was the best of the 3 places we lived in on the sunshine coast

If i can answer any questions Ill do my best though
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

yep kings beach was great and i loved the pool with 4 small kids i felt safe bringing them there on my own in the day. especially with the lifeguards .

the library is very child friendly has a play station and a big children's section.

Im back home in Ireland now I got very homesick and lack of work for my DH but Caloundra was the best of the 3 places we lived in on the sunshine coast

If i can answer any questions Ill do my best though
Hi there,

You were brave with 4 kids on the beach on your own!

Sorry to hear you went back home, but I can imagine its no joke being homesick, something I will be dealing with soon or hopefully not!

Caloundra seemed a great place when we went there, really child friendly and everyone seemed so helpful

Hope it all works out well for you in Ireland, bet your family are happy to see you again...and thankyou for offering your help in answering any questions I may have, I will get back to you,

How long where you out there?

Take care
Angie x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:45 pm

Hi there,

You were brave with 4 kids on the beach on your own!

Sorry to hear you went back home, but I can imagine its no joke being homesick, something I will be dealing with soon or hopefully not!

Caloundra seemed a great place when we went there, really child friendly and everyone seemed so helpful

Hope it all works out well for you in Ireland, bet your family are happy to see you again...and thankyou for offering your help in answering any questions I may have, I will get back to you,

How long where you out there?

Take care
Angie x

The kids loved it so I braved it LOL the fact the pool was there as well enclosed so I could keep an eye on my wild 2 year old and sit in the shade and cool water with them was great. it gets so hot at times

We were there for 9 months I had my daughter there, I should have realized ild be home sick I'm a home bird really LOL but I have no regrets about going it was a great experience and Im glad we did it we are stronger because of it
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

The kids loved it so I braved it LOL the fact the pool was there as well enclosed so I could keep an eye on my wild 2 year old and sit in the shade and cool water with them was great. it gets so hot at times

We were there for 9 months I had my daughter there, I should have realized ild be home sick I'm a home bird really LOL but I have no regrets about going it was a great experience and Im glad we did it we are stronger because of it
I bet you got even more homesick once you had your daughter out there, its a time you want your family around you.

I agree with having no regrets, it beats sitting there saying "I wish we had of done that" thats why we have decided to give it a go, if its not for us then atleast we tried.

Take care and it was nice chatting to you xx
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:39 pm

I bet you got even more homesick once you had your daughter out there, its a time you want your family around you.

I agree with having no regrets, it beats sitting there saying "I wish we had of done that" thats why we have decided to give it a go, if its not for us then atleast we tried.

Take care and it was nice chatting to you xx

thats it exactly you dont know till you try and it as worth trying

oooh for got to say the Caloundra RSL has a fee bus that pick you up and drops you off great when you want a few drinks
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

good luck with the move
Hey Niamh,
We went to the RSL when we were there and it was great. It is enormous!
Helena

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.