Essex Meet Up

Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Essex Meet Up

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi Debs,

I will give them a call tomorrow and let them know there is likely to be an extra 20-30 above their usual Saturday trade. Unfortunately looking at the weather forcast Saturday in this part of Essex doesn't look great, so we may have to be inside. Tis a fairly small pub inside (mainly due to poor layout) so I will enquire as to the possibility of an overspill into the restaurant.

I will tell them to ensure they have plenty of Fosters and Australian Chardonnay (although most will be driving I guess, but hey you know what I mean)

I will try and wear something Aussie, although it may look a tad sad if we all have 'I love OZ t-shirts' on waving our Southern Crosses!! Oh what the hell!!!

See you all Saturday.

Just to confirm

1pm - This Saturday - Lodge Inn, Rettendon.

See you all there!

Dave & Helen (and Nathan, although he is on a school trip on Saturday and therefore wont be able to come along)
Well done Dave
See you on Saturday.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:55 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Hi Debs,

I will give them a call tomorrow and let them know there is likely to be an extra 20-30 above their usual Saturday trade. Unfortunately looking at the weather forcast Saturday in this part of Essex doesn't look great, so we may have to be inside. Tis a fairly small pub inside (mainly due to poor layout) so I will enquire as to the possibility of an overspill into the restaurant.

I will tell them to ensure they have plenty of Fosters and Australian Chardonnay (although most will be driving I guess, but hey you know what I mean)

I will try and wear something Aussie, although it may look a tad sad if we all have 'I love OZ t-shirts' on waving our Southern Crosses!! Oh what the hell!!!

See you all Saturday.

Just to confirm

1pm - This Saturday - Lodge Inn, Rettendon.

See you all there!

Dave & Helen (and Nathan, although he is on a school trip on Saturday and therefore wont be able to come along)
We (Paul, Helen, Kieran (5) and connor (1) ) will be there.

Well done see ya all Saturday

PJ
Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi all,

I have contacted the Lodge Inn and mentioned that there could be another 20-30 above their usual trade this Saturday. They told me that if we are able to sit in the garden this will be no problem, but if the weather was poor, there is no way they would be able to accomodate us inside because the bar area is only fairly small and the restaurant has bookings. I enquired as to whether we could reserve some tables in the bar area, but when he reconfiormed that I was talking about a Saturday lunch, he kind of struggled to contain his laughter! Aparently they have a couple of hundred people there on a sunny saturday afternoon.

I think that we all need to hope for a bit of Aussie good weather on Saturday. Earlier in the week the forcast was for rain on Saturday, but looking at the met office site, it may not be too bad actually - fingers crossed!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...k/eastern.html

There are usually plenty of tables outside, but it will be a case of first come, first served.

I am sure all will work out fine.

See you then

Dave
Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

cheep is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay if we join you ?

We being Nick and Helen from Basildon
Just had TRA accepted and hope to be on our way early in new year !!!!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Only me (again!)

It is probably too late to change plans, but as a backup (in case there is no room at the lodge) we could go to a pub called Shaw Farm (approx 3 mins drive from the lodge - keep going down the road which you will be on to get to the Lodge - it is on the first roundabout you come to).

Just got back from there and noticed that on Saturday they are having a 'fun' day with bouncy castle, childrens entertainer, all day BBQ, and other stuff.

If for some reason we all get to the Lodge and it is majorly packed, we could always try Shaw Farm as it is a bigger pub with a bigger garden and more tables etc

Dave
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:14 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Only me (again!)

It is probably too late to change plans, but as a backup (in case there is no room at the lodge) we could go to a pub called Shaw Farm (approx 3 mins drive from the lodge - keep going down the road which you will be on to get to the Lodge - it is on the first roundabout you come to).

Just got back from there and noticed that on Saturday they are having a 'fun' day with bouncy castle, childrens entertainer, all day BBQ, and other stuff.

If for some reason we all get to the Lodge and it is majorly packed, we could always try Shaw Farm as it is a bigger pub with a bigger garden and more tables etc

Dave
Well done you!

We like Shaw Farm , I forgot all about it when I suggested the Lodge. It would be a very good alternative, we should defo keep it in mind for subsequent Essex meets.

See Ya
ACE
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:20 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Only me (again!)

Dave
Might be a good plan to just go for that?

Otherwise no one will no whats going on unless we put up a big sign!!
PJ
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Might be a good plan to just go for that?

Otherwise no one will no whats going on unless we put up a big sign!!
PJ
Yes Dave
Looks like it is going to rain. But will you be able to contact all of the people in time?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:48 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally Posted by debsy
Yes Dave
Looks like it is going to rain. But will you be able to contact all of the people in time?

Where are you getting the rain predictions from? www.bbc.co.uk says fine 21C!

As for contact perhaps a PM with a mobile ?

Paul J
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:08 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaw Farm is a nice pub, was there a few weeks ago. Has plenty of room outside with climibing frames and slides for the kids. Sat outside on a picnic bench in the glorious sunshine with a pint of cider, heaven !

One word of warning though - they don't seem to like anyone under 18 in the main bar area. There is a large sign as you enter which states this. There is a family area but it's hopelessly tiny with about 8 seats max. It almost feels as if families aren't really welcome inside and are herded into a corner of the pub so that they don't annoy the regulars .

I think that we'd better hope for the decent weather to continue into the weekend !
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Essex Meet Up

Hi
I have been following the thread, we would like to come along and meet you all if thats OK? We are from Braintree and hoping ot go to the Brisbane Area, if all goes well.
See you Saturday
Katie And Stewart
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:30 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi
I have been following the thread, we would like to come along and meet you all if thats OK? We are from Braintree and hoping ot go to the Brisbane Area, if all goes well.
See you Saturday
Katie And Stewart

Hi Katie & Stewart,
I'm also going from the Halstead/Braintree area but am needing to drive back to near Newcastle as the shippers are coming on Monday, otherwise I could give you a lift. Look forward to meeting you.
Best wishes

Warren
Perth on less than 7 weeks...... :scared:

Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Essex Meet Up

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Katie & Stewart,
I'm also going from the Halstead/Braintree area but am needing to drive back to near Newcastle as the shippers are coming on Monday, otherwise I could give you a lift. Look forward to meeting you.
Best wishes

Warren
Perth on less than 7 weeks...... :scared:
Thanks for thinking of us, but no worries, we are on the wagon for a while anyway!! Strange I know, but you do seem to get more stuff done. Look forward to seeing you.
Kate and stewart
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EssexNobby
Shaw Farm is a nice pub, was there a few weeks ago. Has plenty of room outside with climibing frames and slides for the kids. Sat outside on a picnic bench in the glorious sunshine with a pint of cider, heaven !

One word of warning though - they don't seem to like anyone under 18 in the main bar area. There is a large sign as you enter which states this. There is a family area but it's hopelessly tiny with about 8 seats max. It almost feels as if families aren't really welcome inside and are herded into a corner of the pub so that they don't annoy the regulars .

I think that we'd better hope for the decent weather to continue into the weekend !
The forecast on the metoffice site is for sun on saturday, although this was different to that being reported on this mornings news. Think it just goes to show they havent really got a clue.

As for Shaw Farm. yeah the main bar area is over 18's (or could be 21s now) only, but in addition the section which I think you are referring to (on the left as you walk in), there is another family area at the far end of the pub which probabaly seats about 25-20 people.

Shaw farm does get notoriously busy on warm sunny days, but then so does the Lodge, in fact so do most decent pubs.

I think we are probably best to stick the the original plans (as I am sure there will be people planning to come along who wont check this site out before Saturday), and move if neccesary.

I am happy to give out my mobile number by PM.

See you all on Saturday, and although it was mentioned sort of tongue in cheek earlier in the thread, we do really need some kind of identification going on. We will probably wear an Aussie T-shirt or something.

Dave & Helen
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:31 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

What we need are a set of BritishExpats name badges, each with our nicknames on it !

Imagine the looks from the regulars in the pub !

The forecast on the metoffice site is for sun on saturday, although this was different to that being reported on this mornings news. Think it just goes to show they havent really got a clue.

As for Shaw Farm. yeah the main bar area is over 18's (or could be 21s now) only, but in addition the section which I think you are referring to (on the left as you walk in), there is another family area at the far end of the pub which probabaly seats about 25-20 people.

Shaw farm does get notoriously busy on warm sunny days, but then so does the Lodge, in fact so do most decent pubs.

I think we are probably best to stick the the original plans (as I am sure there will be people planning to come along who wont check this site out before Saturday), and move if neccesary.

I am happy to give out my mobile number by PM.

See you all on Saturday, and although it was mentioned sort of tongue in cheek earlier in the thread, we do really need some kind of identification going on. We will probably wear an Aussie T-shirt or something.

Dave & Helen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.