British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Essex Meet Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/essex-meet-up-242261/)

debsy Jul 15th 2004 6:56 am

Essex Meet Up

Right, Mr Bannister has flogged his house now so it is about time we got him to organise a final Essex meet:) Anyone interested please can you state where you are in Essex. Anyone else in the surrounding counties is also welcome.

If Steve wont do it then someone else will just have to take the job on :eek:

I would prefer the second half of August if poss as I will be back in the UK then.

byyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee

Jacko1 Jul 15th 2004 2:38 pm

Re: Essex Meet Up

Originally posted by debsy
Right, Mr Bannister has flogged his house now so it is about time we got him to organise a final Essex meet:) Anyone interested please can you state where you are in Essex. Anyone else in the surrounding counties is also welcome.

If Steve wont do it then someone else will just have to take the job on :eek:

I would prefer the second half of August if poss as I will be back in the UK then.

byyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee

Colchester

darkless Jul 15th 2004 2:52 pm

I am in Essex - South Woodham Ferrers (so Chelmsford basically)

EssexNobby Jul 15th 2004 8:16 pm

That'll be Wickford for me then (small town near Basildon - hangs head in embarrasement) :D :D :D

davidclifford Jul 15th 2004 8:16 pm

Originally posted by darkless
I am in Essex - South Woodham Ferrers (so Chelmsford basically)
Small world! I'm from Cold Norton and my wife lived in South Woodham as a child. We would also be interested in the Essex meet. Can you keep us informed?

Ta.

Olive101 Jul 15th 2004 9:56 pm

Hello I'm in Brentwood (as you can see).

As a Northerner by birthright will I will welcome as an honorary Essex girl??

olive

PS. When I lived in Sheffield I thought Basildon was posh - based entirtely upon the fact that posh writing paper was called 'Basildon Bond'!!

:D

darkless Jul 15th 2004 10:40 pm

Originally posted by Olive101
Hello I'm in Brentwood (as you can see).

As a Northerner by birthright will I will welcome as an honorary Essex girl??

olive

PS. When I lived in Sheffield I thought Basildon was posh - based entirtely upon the fact that posh writing paper was called 'Basildon Bond'!!

:D

Looks like South Woodham / Cold Norton / Wickford part of Essex is leading the way so far :-)

Incidentally, I too am not a true Essexsider (well it works for Sydney). Only been here 6 years. Before that Sheffield, Southampton but my youth was spent in the Midlands - staffordshire to be precise.

I dunno if anyone here is from Pitsea or Vange, but I used to work with a woman from Pitsea and she used to insist that they were called pit-say-a and von-jay!! Made me laugh so much!!! No offence to anyone from that area intended (well except maybe the woman i used to work with ;) )

Dave

creamT Jul 15th 2004 10:41 pm

mayland near Maldon, hope to be returning to uk in next few weeks, is it ok if i come as am a returnee?

hiya to those in S.W Ferrers and Cold Norton! my mate lives in CN! Can I ask if either of you ever bought petrol in Safeways in Maldon as I worked there up until Feb this year!:D

darkless Jul 15th 2004 10:46 pm

Originally posted by devonchick
mayland near Maldon, hope to be returning to uk in next few weeks, is it ok if i come as am a returnee?

hiya to those in S.W Ferrers and Cold Norton! my mate lives in CN! Can I ask if either of you ever bought petrol in Safeways in Maldon as I worked there up until Feb this year!:D
Certainly have!! Only this week as it happens as I had to go for blood tests at that god awful place they call St Peters Hospital.

How are you enjoying NZ?

Dave

creamT Jul 15th 2004 10:52 pm

Certainly have!! Only this week as it happens as I had to go for blood tests at that god awful place they call St Peters Hospital.

How are you enjoying NZ?

Dave
Hew Zealands a beaut country , but am coming back home to live now. Shall miss it very much here. But will be nice to be home!

Are you a regular at Safeways petrol? Just wondering if I ever met you. I was the one who normally worked in eves, blonde with Deb on my name badge!

Whereabouts are you moving to and when?
:cool: :)

creamT Jul 15th 2004 10:53 pm

I see your Perth bound Jan 05!:o

darkless Jul 15th 2004 11:04 pm

Hew Zealands a beaut country , but am coming back home to live now. Shall miss it very much here. But will be nice to be home!

Are you a regular at Safeways petrol? Just wondering if I ever met you. I was the one who normally worked in eves, blonde with Deb on my name badge!

Whereabouts are you moving to and when?
:cool: :)

Hi Deb,

No not really - just occasionally - whenever visiting Focus for DIY stuff. Usually get Petrol from Asda but they are redoing it at them moment so can't.

Just realised how boring this post must be for everyone else!

I self nominate this as the most boring post EVER :)

Dave

creamT Jul 15th 2004 11:09 pm

Hi Deb,

No not really - just occasionally - whenever visiting Focus for DIY stuff. Usually get Petrol from Asda but they are redoing it at them moment so can't.

Just realised how boring this post must be for everyone else!

I self nominate this as the most boring post EVER :)

Dave
This doesn't have to be a boring thread atall! Just depends on wether it gets hijacked and gets a little humour injected into it.

So come on peeps get hijacking lol!

Oh and is there not any more Essex peeps out there?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

darkless Jul 15th 2004 11:17 pm

This doesn't have to be a boring thread atall! Just depends on wether it gets hijacked and gets a little humour injected into it.

So come on peeps get hijacking lol!

Oh and is there not any more Essex peeps out there?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thread is fine - it was my post that was dull :D

So I assume from your name that you are not Essex born and bred either

Dave

creamT Jul 15th 2004 11:22 pm

Thread is fine - it was my post that was dull :D

So I assume from your name that you are not Essex born and bred either

Dave
Bingo! was in Devon all my life until moving to Essex 6 yrs ago then NZ.

I now have a Devonian/essex/kiwi accent. I really feel I have lost my way somewhere and shock myself with how my accent comes out !

;)