Ellenbrook

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

rgvlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ellenbrook

Originally Posted by clayts75
There were a few other bits n pieces as well but the taps the missus chose were not cheap...last time she comes shopping with me!! lol Had to pay extra for dishwasher recess, and door handles etc. It soon adds up!!
Think I'll have to stick to the standard taps then ! (we've already costed flick mixers throughout, something like $400 to do them all)
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

clayts75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rgvlee
I'll believe it when I see it

Wouldn't make any difference for a triple though, we tried a 6m opening and it was still a big ask to make it work.
I spoke with Tony at LWP about this today and he said it is a case by case situation. They don't see the problem with normal double garages but they will widen the driveway if someone is building a triple garage. I don't think there will be any problems for anyone who wants their driveway widened, but they obviously won't change them all if they don't have to. Seems like a bad oversight from the start though!!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Think I'll have to stick to the standard taps then ! (we've already costed flick mixers throughout, something like $400 to do them all)
Its amazing how much all these extras add up to though...i knew i should have stayed single!! lol As for the $5k voucher...i was informed today that i had been overlooked and that the voucher would be sent asap. Pretty good oversight!!
Apparently it was a short promotion for anyone who signed up for a block between January23rd and 31st according to LWP. Something like 10 blocks were sold during this period so only a lucky few will have the benefit of the voucher. Not sure if i'm gonna tell the missus about this one!! LOL
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Sweet!

I don't know what LWP are talking about, we signed up in March and got it. They weren't advertising it and like I said we only found out about it when the contract was drawn up and we were reading thru it.

Thanks for the info on the driveway, certainly something to follow up on. Something that springs to mind is if you have a 6m opening going onto to a double garage you can pave the driveway straight. A 5m opening will mean the driveway has to kink around the front wall. Think I will make a call and find out more.

The 5m opening was pretty stupid and they have widened the openings in the later DC releases to 6m I am told.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Sweet!

I don't know what LWP are talking about, we signed up in March and got it. They weren't advertising it and like I said we only found out about it when the contract was drawn up and we were reading thru it.

Thanks for the info on the driveway, certainly something to follow up on. Something that springs to mind is if you have a 6m opening going onto to a double garage you can pave the driveway straight. A 5m opening will mean the driveway has to kink around the front wall. Think I will make a call and find out more.

The 5m opening was pretty stupid and they have widened the openings in the later DC releases to 6m I am told.
I'm just glad i'm getting the voucher!! lol Your right about the driveway paving, does make it look a bit stupid. It will cost them a fortune to relocate all the walls so not surprised they are saying it's a case by case scenario. If you call them maybe speak to Tony as i spoke to him earlier today about it all.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Thinking about it over lunch if they were to widen it how would that affect the site surveys and soil samples?

And how would they get a nice edge on the wall?

I'd be surprised if they would get as good a finish as they have now. I think I will take a trip out to the block tomorrow and see how it would work.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Thinking about it over lunch if they were to widen it how would that affect the site surveys and soil samples?

I'd be surprised if they would get as good a finish as they have now. I think I will take a trip out to the block tomorrow and see how it would work.
Yeah it's a bigger job than it looks. Am planning a trip out there this weekend just to have a look around as it's been a while since the last visit.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We went out last weekend after we were told and I think its going to be a pretty easy job, they arent going to be happy when I tell them I want them to rebuild the stone wall at the front to centre it though
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
We went out last weekend after we were told and I think its going to be a pretty easy job, they arent going to be happy when I tell them I want them to rebuild the stone wall at the front to centre it though
LOL Good luck with that one!! lol
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

I agree, I think that would be optimistic, I would thought their stance would be they'd cut the wall and that's it.

Still keen to hear nonetheless.

In all reality we bought the block knowing it was 5m, our front walls were up before we signed, so in the grand scheme of things not a show stopper. I'd only be really pushing for it if it made a triple garage possible and from the homework I have done it won't make much of a difference.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

I have just received a letter from LWP in the mail confirming our plans have been approved and also confirming the below

LWP will modify the walls at our expense to allow a 6m wide opening, the works will be undertaken by our contractors
Driveway openings wider than 6m (to accomodate triple garages for example) will not be approved by LWP
Owners must not make changes to the wall themselves, walls which require modification will be completed by LWP as soon as possible
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Interesting!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
I have just received a letter from LWP in the mail confirming our plans have been approved and also confirming the below
Good news on both accounts Ian, congrats mate!!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks going to have to have all the British Expatters over for a barbie when we are in
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

We went out to the block today, LWP have put up signs on each block with the lot number, size and for many a sold sticker on them.

We got talking to the father of the owners of lot 7112, apparently they are getting their entrance opened up to 6m. They wanted to do a triple garage but like us they have shelved the idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.