Ellenbrook

Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:55 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice
Default Re: Ellenbrook

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Thats interesting FiP, our street has been sold to us as the link below are you saying that this is likely not to happen?

http://www.beyondtheplan.com.au/Docu...e_brochure.pdf

The impressions are all of the street we have bought on surely if this is how we have been sold the land and it doesnt end up like this we have recourse to sue the developer?
I can only speak from experience and our development does not look like the concept plans and it was the same for LWP's The Mews development in The Vines. Landscaping has not been done and what has been done is not maintained.
You will see on your brochure in very tiny print it states 'artists impressions are concept only' so I don't think there is much you can hold them to legally.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

rgvlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ianhutch1, we too are considering the same DC you have bought into, on geographe loop though.

The street scaping, well they are doing the front elevations now with the natural stone/blocks so they are a definite. The trees and landscaping, time will tell. The bushland that is currently to the west of the DC is a fairly large area, it's a low drainage point in the area (now, unsure if it was before with the site works that have gone on). Its there on the master plan so I can't see why they'd knock it over.

Out of curiousity, and off topic I know, but what did the 660m2 blocks on go for on your street? PM me if you want.

Lee
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 5:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Ellenbrook

Thats interesting FiP, our street has been sold to us as the link below are you saying that this is likely not to happen?

The impressions are all of the street we have bought on surely if this is how we have been sold the land and it doesnt end up like this we have recourse to sue the developer?
Originally Posted by brochure
Homesites range from Cottage lots of 330sqm with private entryways, to large 689sqm lots with plenty of room for families to grow.
698sqm is "large"? With "plenty of room for families to grow"?

Our block is ~864sqm and I consider it a minimum size for a young family (we have one child; trying for a second).

I like the look of that new suburb; it looks clean and green (though I cringe at "Naturaliste"). However, there's very little space between the houses. You might have views to the Darling Ranges in one direction, but from the side of the house all you're going to see is a brick wall and a grubby gutter.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

From what I have seen over the last 6 months in the north eastern suburbs, ellenbrook, caversham, beechboro, common block sizes in new estates is around the 450-500m2 mark. I am not sure about the southern suburbs as a whole but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same trend.

Blocks over 600 in the metro area are in short supply, and when they do come up, they are priced accordingly.

Smaller blocks = more money for the developers and more rates for the council. It's the way things are going unfortunately.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

clayts75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rgvlee
Hey ianhutch1, we too are considering the same DC you have bought into, on geographe loop though.

The street scaping, well they are doing the front elevations now with the natural stone/blocks so they are a definite. The trees and landscaping, time will tell. The bushland that is currently to the west of the DC is a fairly large area, it's a low drainage point in the area (now, unsure if it was before with the site works that have gone on). Its there on the master plan so I can't see why they'd knock it over.

Out of curiousity, and off topic I know, but what did the 660m2 blocks on go for on your street? PM me if you want.

Lee
I have also bought a block in the DC...Karridale Vista i think its called. The blocks were all around $245k to $252k which isnt bad value for the size of the blocks. Most blocks in the metro area are below 500m2 so to get a 660m2 block i was pretty happy to be honest.
The area seems nice and its growing so hopefully the whole power supply issue will be sorted asap!! I think the biggest thing for the area is that it is a lifestyle change. I am used to living in or near the city, but every time i go out to the hills areas etc it's just a total change of pace. At the end of the day it just depends what you want. If you enjoy living next door to shopping centres and having freeways etc on your doorstep then you are never going to want to live in areas such as Ellenbrook.
I work in Kewdale and it only takes 30 minutes to get there. When i used to live in Connolly years ago, it took 45-60 minutes just to get to the city outskirts!!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

We definitely do Ian!! No Homeswest homes can be built in this area, as stated on the plans and shire approved sub-division. It was actually one of the developers big selling points when i bought my block. Then again...we are dealing with government departments at the end of the day!! lol
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Well my wife and I signed up yesterday for a 610m2 block on geographe loop. See you all soon neighbours
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Well my wife and I signed up yesterday for a 610m2 block on geographe loop. See you all soon neighbours
Congrats guys, im sure we will all love it out there!!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Lee
Great we will soon be neighbours

Yes went up the weekend before last and saw the stone retaining walls on Geographe Loop which look good and our road was just starting to be pressed which was a nice surprise to see I wasnt expecting that for a few weeks yet. At the moment im pretty happy its all taking shape as the plans its pretty exciting to watch it all happen.

No problem with the price, our plot was $252k.

Originally Posted by clayts75
I have also bought a block in the DC...Karridale Vista i think its called. The blocks were all around $245k to $252k which isnt bad value for the size of the blocks. Most blocks in the metro area are below 500m2 so to get a 660m2 block i was pretty happy to be honest.
The area seems nice and its growing so hopefully the whole power supply issue will be sorted asap!! I think the biggest thing for the area is that it is a lifestyle change. I am used to living in or near the city, but every time i go out to the hills areas etc it's just a total change of pace. At the end of the day it just depends what you want. If you enjoy living next door to shopping centres and having freeways etc on your doorstep then you are never going to want to live in areas such as Ellenbrook.
I work in Kewdale and it only takes 30 minutes to get there. When i used to live in Connolly years ago, it took 45-60 minutes just to get to the city outskirts!!
Another neighbour but even closer this time, what block have you got we have got 7124 Karridale Vista.

We both work in Welshpool and as you say that part of town is quite accessible from Ellenbrook.

Can feel a BEP barbie coming on already

Has anyone signed up with a builder yet? We signed up with Ultimate Homes about 2 weeks ago so hoping to be ready to start once the land is titled.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Great we will soon be neighbours

Yes went up the weekend before last and saw the stone retaining walls on Geographe Loop which look good and our road was just starting to be pressed which was a nice surprise to see I wasnt expecting that for a few weeks yet. At the moment im pretty happy its all taking shape as the plans its pretty exciting to watch it all happen.

No problem with the price, our plot was $252k.

Another neighbour but even closer this time, what block have you got we have got 7124 Karridale Vista.

We both work in Welshpool and as you say that part of town is quite accessible from Ellenbrook.

Can feel a BEP barbie coming on already

Has anyone signed up with a builder yet? We signed up with Ultimate Homes about 2 weeks ago so hoping to be ready to start once the land is titled.
Bloody hell...i got 7122!! lol That bbq sounds like a plan mate I signed up with Content Living and basically just waaiting for the land to be ready to be surveyed etc. I'm not really expecting to be living there until around this time next year though, despite the promises of early January.
Going to take a drive out there this weekend and check it out. Havn't been out there since late January.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Hahaha next door but one neighbours

Yeah as you say we are also thinking this time next year I cant see how it will be any earlier but you never know... We are also up there this weekend, quite a lot has happened since late Jan so will be a worthwhile visit for you.

Keep in touch let us know how you are getting on would be good to share the excitement and stress of it all. We have started a blog for our families back in the UK detailing our homebuilding journey but dont look if you dont want the surprise of whats been going on taken away

http://ianhutch1.blogspot.com/
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Hahaha next door but one neighbours

Yeah as you say we are also thinking this time next year I cant see how it will be any earlier but you never know... We are also up there this weekend, quite a lot has happened since late Jan so will be a worthwhile visit for you.

Keep in touch let us know how you are getting on would be good to share the excitement and stress of it all. We have started a blog for our families back in the UK detailing our homebuilding journey but dont look if you dont want the surprise of whats been going on taken away

http://ianhutch1.blogspot.com/
The blog is great!! Funny what you said about having to put the swimming pool on hold...we are thinking the same thing at this stage. $20-$30k probably better spent on finishing the house and gardens etc at this stage.
The house plan looks good. We did a similar thing with the so called study area and also got rid of the games room to create a large alfresco. No kids so bugger the games room!! lol
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clayts75
The blog is great!! Funny what you said about having to put the swimming pool on hold...we are thinking the same thing at this stage. $20-$30k probably better spent on finishing the house and gardens etc at this stage.
The house plan looks good. We did a similar thing with the so called study area and also got rid of the games room to create a large alfresco. No kids so bugger the games room!! lol
Brother inlaw lives on the vines & if it was not for the pool no way could he stand the heat as there is a lack of wind to cool you so a pool is a must.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

to the OP:

have you considered Carramar, Tapping or Banksia Grove I think prices there are still quite reasonable and your not a million miles away from civilisation (if you can call Joondalup that LOL)

Last edited by JAMMIE DODGER; Mar 9th 2010 at 6:36 am.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
to the OP:

have you considered Carramar, Tapping or Banksia Grove I think prices there are still quite reasonable and your not a million miles away from civilisation (if you can call Joondalup that LOL)
I have looked at other places but need somewhere with a high school as I don't drive.We have put an offer on a house in Ellenbrook and have an offer on our house just trying to get a reasonable one!Sue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.