MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by swigski
Does your husband dislike the NSW types as well, or just the true Welsh people

Probably, It has Wales in the name!
I've heard that joke before somewhere
Old Mar 26th 2010, 10:55 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Okay I'll do this slowly.

You said "If I am showing myself up by standing up for my beliefs, then so be it. Rather that than by being racist, nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted...
whatever you choose to call it to lessen it's effect!"

Note the words "rather than" which suggested that you would rather be something other than a racist, nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted... or whayever.

However you earlier responded to Polly's comment saying she wasn't offended by MP's comment by saying "I'm glad you do not have a problem with it. Your blood must have been diluted with English/German blood", which appeares to be suggesting that she has no problem with the comment as she is not pure blood Welsh i.e. that her blood has been diluted with English/German blood.

That to me sounded like a boderline 'nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted... whatever' statement.

I have made no comment on the genetics of anyone being borderline.
Thank you for taking your time to explain! Never mentioned you commenting on genetics. I brought that up.

It was meant to be nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted or even racist! Since nobody cares what is posted it seems, I thought I would join in!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Thank you for taking your time to explain! Never mentioned you commenting on genetics. I brought that up.

It was meant to be nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted or even racist! Since nobody cares what is posted it seems, I thought I would join in!
I think post 318 can be read many ways. Bringing in the genetics thing in after asking why I said it was borderline suggested that the statement was answering the question.

I didn't want to get into the debate about the definition of racist. It obviously means different things in different contexts so for people to put their point across or to negate their interlocutor's point they just change the context. And hey presto, everyone is right and every one is wrong.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Mar 26th 2010 at 11:09 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 4:14 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

I think post 318 can be read many ways. Bringing in the genetics thing in after asking why I said it was borderline suggested that the statement was answering the question.

I didn't want to get into the debate about the definition of racist. It obviously means different things in different contexts so for people to put their point across or to negate their interlocutor's point they just change the context. And hey presto, everyone is right and every one is wrong.
But of course only certain people can be right. Their ignorance to anything outside their own little bubble ensures that their views remain insular and prejudice. Anyone who dares rattle their cage by disagreeing with their supposed light hearted attempts at nationalism or prejudice is met with almost disbelief. This quickly turns nasty and abusive when they realise the other person will not back down.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:13 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

But of course only certain people can be right. Their ignorance to anything outside their own little bubble ensures that their views remain insular and prejudice. Anyone who dares rattle their cage by disagreeing with their supposed light hearted attempts at nationalism or prejudice is met with almost disbelief. This quickly turns nasty and abusive when they realise the other person will not back down.
I could be wrong, but I don't actually remember the English burning Welsh cottages..... and please don't start quoting 12th Century English atrocities at me. That was a long, long time ago and Owain Glyndwr isn't relevant anymore.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:46 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I could be wrong, but I don't actually remember the English burning Welsh cottages..... and please don't start quoting 12th Century English atrocities at me. That was a long, long time ago and Owain Glyndwr isn't relevant anymore.
What is it with the Welsh, Irish and Scots?
Harbouring a grudge about stuff from 600+ years ago!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:06 am
Account Closed

How many cottages were burned? And by whom? How many were insurance jobs?

Last edited by MartinLuther; Mar 27th 2010 at 6:10 am.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

How many cottages were burned? And by whom?
too many to count and by the english
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Don't start on William Wallace next, the scrotts will descend from the highlands and bash you with their sporans.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:27 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

How many cottages were burned? And by whom? How many were insurance jobs?
It was all those, well both, radical Welsh nationalist extremists, they burned down "several" second homes in the Welsh valleys owned by English folk. In return for a promise of 72 Beulah Speckled Face's
It gave rise to the infamous Not The Nine O'clock News parody of the old NCB Real fire advert. "Come Home To A Real Fire.... Buy A Cottage in Wales"
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:34 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Don't start on William Wallace next, the scrotts will descend from the highlands and bash you with their sporans.
You spelt Scots wrong!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
It was all those, well both, radical Welsh nationalist extremists, they burned down "several" second homes in the Welsh valleys owned by English folk. In return for a promise of 72 Beulah Speckled Face's
It gave rise to the infamous Not The Nine O'clock News parody of the old NCB Real fire advert. "Come Home To A Real Fire.... Buy A Cottage in Wales"
I remember the time and the NT9o'C news sketch. In fact it always came to mind when some English chappie used to complain about me buying another house in London.

Not so funny now eh?

A pub in North Pembs was apparently bombed as part of that campaign but it turned out to be an insurance job. I'm not sure there was one genuine case in Pembs. But I've not done an extensive study.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Mar 27th 2010 at 7:58 am.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 8:12 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

why cant we all just get along

sigh

Old Mar 27th 2010, 8:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink

sigh

because we dont like you. i dont even know you and i dont like you. go post on another forum, you wont like this one lol
Old Mar 27th 2010, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rinkerdink

sigh

Group Hug Everyone (((((())))))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.