Reload this Page >

Don't Come to Australia

Don't Come to Australia

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Newbie_and_Leaving is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Don't Come to Australia

I've been in Melbourne two months, my experiences:

1. Customs & Excise charge the earth for inspection and do not do their job. They are trying to charge me $850 for destroying a plastic bucket that they say contains "traces of chemicals" - it's detergent you morons!!

2. Job agents are the worst I have ever encountered, bad manners is just one of their traits.

3. Tram inspectors behave like The Gestapo and are racist, they bully old people and are afraid of youths who DO evade paying.

4. The train operators cannot even gets their clocks in synch let alone run a service!

5. An internet connection is the most expensive of any of the 6 countries I have lived in.

6. The Govt allow a duopoly for the supermarkets, therefore any item is twice the price it should be.

7. Every public official I have had to deal with wants money to do their job.

And I haven't even started on the cost to live here....

Australia - great place to holiday a nightmare to live, I'm off and so is my taxable income.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:35 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by Newbie_and_Leaving
oh dear ... maybe they should be volunteers.

farewell.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Byeeeeeee!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. But i would like to comment on your Points. No country is perfect in this world. However i am surprised to see that you have not mentioned even a single positive point about Australia.I dont thing anybody would agree with you . Also it will mislead the truth about australia to other people who are emigrating to australia. It may demoralize the people on this forum.I am not sure about the melbourne but here in brisbane everything seems to be fine.

Thanks and Regards
Dhama

1. Customs & Excise charge the earth for inspection and do not do their job. They are trying to charge me $850 for destroying a plastic bucket that they say contains "traces of chemicals" - it's detergent you morons!!

2. Job agents are the worst I have ever encountered, bad manners is just one of their traits.

3. Tram inspectors behave like The Gestapo and are racist, they bully old people and are afraid of youths who DO evade paying.

4. The train operators cannot even gets their clocks in synch let alone run a service!

5. An internet connection is the most expensive of any of the 6 countries I have lived in.

6. The Govt allow a duopoly for the supermarkets, therefore any item is twice the price it should be.

Australia - great place to holiday a nightmare to live, I'm off and so is my taxable income.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:45 am
Just Joined

andyst is an unknown quantity at this point

cya
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:50 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

...any of the 6 countries I have lived in...

Good luck with country number 7 wherever that may be. You might run out of westernised nations soon though before you find paradise.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dhama
Hi
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. But i would like to comment on your Points. No country is perfect in this world. However i am surprised to see that you have not mentioned even a single positive point about Australia.I dont thing anybody would agree with you . Also it will mislead the truth about australia to other people who are emigrating to australia. It may demoralize the people on this forum.I am not sure about the melbourne but here in brisbane everything seems to be fine.

Thanks and Regards
Dhama
Read the last line Dhama. All true and a balanced view is healthy!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Centurion
Good luck with country number 7 wherever that may be. You might run out of westernised nations soon though before you find paradise.
Nope, Why assume "westernised"?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:54 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, Why assume "westernised"?
I thought you were leaving
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by herrchook
I thought you were leaving
I thought they were leaving Australia, not the BritishExpats forum??
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:01 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Those pesky civil servants, wanting to be paid for doing their jobs! They should do it for free like the rest of us.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Please don't even consider coming to Dubai. Your list would run into several pages.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

As a 'Strain I have to say that we'll be sorry to lose you

Though after trying your best, to sort out the problems of this country for eight whole weeks, I can only imagine how exhausted you are, and I thank you for your efforts.

May I suggest that you fly home B.A. ?

They have a great reputation. Here's a cut and paste from their latest company promotion......

G'Day ladies and gentlemen and welcome aboard B.A.'s ( Boomerang Airways ), direct flight from Shitville to Ukopia.

Please refrain from shouts of "Oh ****ing hell, fank ****ing gawd we're ****ing out of that ****ing place", until the pilot has advised that the aircraft is out of Australian airspace.

Please be advised that all our toilets are fitted with smoke detectors and the burning of Australian passports in the toilets is a federal offence. If any of our guests have a pressing need to destroy documentation, please contact the cabin crew who can provide a shredder for your convienience.

As soon as we reach cruising altitude the cabin staff will be serving refreshments. A fine selection of real beers, with Irn Bru and Tizer for those who have been away from the homeland for an extended period, and are having trouble getting back into the habit of getting totally legless on international flights.

Once drinks have been served we will be serving dinner. Real fish and chips, with a compote of real mushy peas and a side serve of HP sauce Jus with brown vinegar highlights. (The aircraft's air conditioning system prevents us from serving neat brown vinegar as it effects the head on the real beer ).

International fire safety regulations prevent us from serving this delicacy in it's traditional exotic newspaper wrapping but BA are happy to serve it on paper plates with real plastic knives and forks, to make you feel more at home.

Our in flight movie's will be Zulu, Tunes of Glory, The Dam Busters and Mrs. Brown. Audio channels will provide the listener with an extensive collection of recordings from The last night of the Proms.

In the morning a real egg and bacon butty will be served, with real fatty bacon on real white bread. Those passengers who are travelling in first and business class will find that the crusts have already been removed for their convienience, and they will also have a choice of individual HP or Heinz tomato ketchup sachets.

Before landing, a complimentary 'Welcome Home' kit will be issued, it contains a plastic mac, a disposable scraper for removing chewing gum and dogggy poo from shoes and a selection of popular welfare benefit forms.

Once we land, you will once again be back in God's own country and obviously in no further need of this airline's services, so we thank you for flying BA and watch out for the ice out there, apparently it's deadly.

For those of traveling on to other destinations, we wish to advise that due to inclement weather, ours was the last flight able to land and the airport is now closed. The roads are also impassable and all rail services are apparently having severe delays due to snow on the rails.........welcome home

Have a safe trip home Newbie. It's a shame you didn't stay long enough to get yer knees brown

Last edited by Hino; Mar 23rd 2010 at 5:11 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:13 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Please don't even consider coming to Dubai. Your list would run into several pages.
I lived in Egypt for a while. They didn't make enough paper in the entire country to write a list that long.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:14 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or are the trolls around here just not trying hard enough ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.