Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:48 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
lol. Mine has had 8 children and is 80 years old and is still the same size 12 that she has always been and still runs for the bus. I have to admit she is bloody amazing and has really looked after her body but has a habit of looking down on anyone that doesnt do the same. Her pride and joy is a picture of her in her 50's after 8 kids in a cut out swimming costume, not a stretch mark or lump in sight......
Wonder what we will turn to, drink or chocolate or both :scared:
I bet mine could look like that, but she retired when she got married. Not just from work either, but from everything except her social life!

No we can be strong, and I suppose if i am driven to clean the house it will use up some calories that I may need later for chocolate. I could stick to a milky way.

Fingers crosed
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
I have to admit to being a complete ignoramus! I have just had the difference between body fat and BMI explained to me. I was whinging on earlier about my scales giving me a reading of between 28-30% but this being inconsistent with various BMI calculators where I get a reading of 20-22%. As I now understand it my scales actually monitor body fat (yuk - almost a third of me is fat!) and the BMI is a completely separate calculation (not a percentage of your body composition). So now I know that I have a more than acceptable BMI yet it is my body fat that I am unhappy with. I know that a healthy BMI would be in the range of 20-25 but where can I find what a healthy amount of body fat is charted?

Anyone any clues?

Binbird (confused again!)
Binbird - if I were you I wouldn't take any notice of the scales as they are not an accurate reading of body fat. If you get on and off them about 4/5 imes in a row, or even daily, each time will give you a significantly different reading which is just not possible.

For an accurate body fat reading try your GP or local gym, both should be able to give you an accurate reading and advise you of a 'safe' range
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Oh God Binbird,
where are you going with this. Your confused! I think you must look ok as you are. If you don't feel ok then get your self to that gym lol.
Ohippy how are ya eyes babe?
I hope they are ok.
Well bed time I think otherwise I can feel a fridge coming on
night every one and morning podgypossum
Lace
Hiya Lace - eyes ok now ta for asking. Get tired about 2pmish and then things start to go blurry but otherwise I'm a happy bunny.

How 's the job huntig going ? Did you get the one that was in the bag as it were ?

I'm due for weigh in tonight. Was really bad up until Monday but good since but, somehow, don't think it's enough, tonight will tell.

Sarah - we're all still waiting for your WW results. I for one have been up all night waiting for your posting !! lol
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Dieter's for OZ

Yeah right what ever!
I am going at 10:00 for the weight in. I ahve done crap this week. I have also been up since 5:00 this morning.
I rang the DIMMA last night to ask them if I could set up a business in Hairdressing and they said YES. I have a different assessing authority than the TRA so I don't go by their rules. I am alredy a mobile Hairdresser just have to look at the finer points and then take the plunge. It has given me a life again. I have the accountant coming over this week.
Now watch them eyes girl. Hey I made a joke, this time in a morning can't be bad.
lol
lace
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

ok just for those who wish to know we have had 32 names who have posted on this site so far.
not bad eh!
Just so we don't for get the new ones though welcome to Jonhas Mummy, Badge,Karenviginia, rabc,bondipom,hooperhome,podgypossum,chattyshazza and ub40fan.
if I have missed anyone out I am sorry. Hello as well to the old ones like Halfingirl,teach,ohippy,madi,binbird and lynnlovesun.

was asked, delivered and now my brain hurts I am going to bed then weight watchers.
See ya soon guys all have a good day
love Lace x :scared:
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:48 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Drum roll pleeeeeaaasssseee. Amazing results this week. The scales have actually moved...... I GAINED 1/2lb. Not a lot I hear you say but her reasoning behind it was perhaps I'm exercise too much. Hello.... doing the recommended 3 times a week.
I'm sticking to the GI Point Diet for a few weeks and going out to buy a set of scales, not at all happy with WW. I know it works for some, but I guess having tried it for a second time, it is just not for me. Have followed GI for 2 days now, am eating less but not feeling at all hungry, in fact I have more energy.

ohippy, glad your eyes are on the mend hun. I'm working on Andrew... he might just let me have them done before we go to Australia.

Welcome to all our new members, it's a great fun here. Loads of support and encouragement given.

Lovely to see you podgypossom, I haven't seen you around for months.

My tip for the weekend - everything in moderation. If you want that egg, eat it and start again on Monday. If you don't eat it, the thought of the egg will be with you for ages and if you do give in you'll beat yourself up over it. So make the decision to have just one egg (no not a massive one) and enjoy it.

Happy Easter egg eating,
Sarah

Last edited by teach; Mar 23rd 2005 at 7:13 am. Reason: typo
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Sarah,
honey it is only 1/2 pound, I will cheer you up today when I stand on the scales at 10:00.
I have done crap!!!!
All week but I have beeen enlightened now by a job prospect so i feel a lot better. Little too late but hey.
Aww you'll do better next week I know you will.

And yes eat that egg, then get over it! Ypur only here once.
see you all later guys
love lace
Well done Sarah for sticking to it a little bit, it could have been a pound bt it wasn't x
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:20 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Sarah,
honey it is only 1/2 pound, I will cheer you up today when I stand on the scales at 10:00.
I have done crap!!!!
All week but I have beeen enlightened now by a job prospect so i feel a lot better. Little too late but hey.
Aww you'll do better next week I know you will.

And yes eat that egg, then get over it! Ypur only here once.
see you all later guys
love lace
Well done Sarah for sticking to it a little bit, it could have been a pound bt it wasn't x
I'll log in as soon as I get back from sorting out a venue for Andrew's mums surprise 60th birthday party. I must be mad with everything else that is going on in my life.
Fingers crossed for a loss Lace, sometimes a few naughties fool the body and kick start it again so you never know.
Hopefully you'll get a job sorted out soon. My doctor has given me more time off, until 25th April. When I return to school I will have been off for 9 weeks. Am really not looking forward to it at all. At least with Visa sorted I won't care what those b*****s say or do to me now. I know at some point in the future I'll be leaving and they will be stuck there until they retire.
Loadsa hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good on ya Sarah,
keep smiling and I was going to be a teacher then when I got to do the job for the first time last year in my first year of teaching I jacked it in. Too hard. Couldn't make a difference, I felt.
Be good thiking of ya
lace hugs x
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:46 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

HANGING HEAD IN SHAME

One week off ill and then emergency plumber (heating went t!its up) and three weeks later have put on 2 lbs, have lots of excuses have painted almost whole house, so just thrown things together, stressed out about tax man visit due in any minute etc etc.

But I just let it slide, only good news have lost 2" off belly. Felt like dissapearing but got hold of myself and thought no, that is what we are here for the good and the bad.

this morning have planned and weighed and am more determined

On another note MIL has been offered reduktil (thinks that how to spell it) anyone know anything/one about it, as she would like to have so feedback advice on it

Good eating to everyone over easter, have asked for no eggs, but some new kitchen knives (good ones, the expensive sort you can only buy in ones). Think I might win out here expensive knife versus £5.00 egg
Nicky
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:30 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck lace, keeping my fingers crossed for you if you don't lose I hope you stay the same.
Hope your business takes off, I'll need a hairdresser in Oz, and if you're settling in the Sunshine Coast...

Sorry to hear about your gain Teach, but 1/2 lb isn't too bad, keep going with the Gi diet I've heard a lot of good things about it, infact I've ordered the book! did the wws version and in the 1st 3 weeks I lost 12lbs, but in week 4 put on 2 lbs went back onto points and lost 3lbs?? weigh in tomorrow, hope I've lost, only need to lose 1/2lb to get my 1st stone.

Glad you've come back halflingirl, don't lose hope, that's what we're here for to give support for the downs as well as the ups, when I put 2lbs on I was gutted especially when I felt I hadn't been that naughty, but after the initial "I'm giving up!" and eating the "wrong things" that night I pulled myself together got back on the "wagon" and lost 3lbs the following week, so chin up, put it behind you and start again, think of those lovely beaches and feeling great in the costume
mandi x
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Nicki keep on going you can do it,
I have to lose at least 6 stone in the next 8 month or so. He y guess what I lost half a pound this week. Sorry Teach I gave it you!

So I have cheated and stuff but I lost half a pound at weight watchers the woman said in a quiet voice 'are you ok with that', Ok I was over the bloody moon, I have cheated to death.

Thanks for the lovely comments Mandi and if you want your hair done in that old granny style I can do the best then I'm your girl lol.

I will be on the sunshine coast and scissors will be there with me so you will have two hairdressers. She can do the trendy cuts and I'll have the grannies lol
Come on guys if I can lose half a pound then you can do it to that is 45 and a half puonds i think now. Is it, I can't remember.
cheers
Guys
Lace xxxx
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teach
Drum roll pleeeeeaaasssseee. Amazing results this week. The scales have actually moved...... I GAINED 1/2lb. Not a lot I hear you say but her reasoning behind it was perhaps I'm exercise too much. Hello.... doing the recommended 3 times a week.
I'm sticking to the GI Point Diet for a few weeks and going out to buy a set of scales, not at all happy with WW. I know it works for some, but I guess having tried it for a second time, it is just not for me. Have followed GI for 2 days now, am eating less but not feeling at all hungry, in fact I have more energy.

ohippy, glad your eyes are on the mend hun. I'm working on Andrew... he might just let me have them done before we go to Australia.

Welcome to all our new members, it's a great fun here. Loads of support and encouragement given.

Lovely to see you podgypossom, I haven't seen you around for months.

My tip for the weekend - everything in moderation. If you want that egg, eat it and start again on Monday. If you don't eat it, the thought of the egg will be with you for ages and if you do give in you'll beat yourself up over it. So make the decision to have just one egg (no not a massive one) and enjoy it.

Happy Easter egg eating,
Sarah

Hi Sarah

Not been around so much as i am working now and i am really busy a lot of the time.
I hadnt posted on this thread before as i thought it was only for people still in UK.
I would try and stick with the GI diet Sarah... i was told to follow it as it was originally designed to help us diabetics but they realised it was a good diet for everyone whether they fat,thin, brown white or yellow..lol
Dont worry too much about little setbacks just try to focus on the long term goal.
I discoevered this time (after many years avoiding it) that no matter how much less you eat you wont lose much unless you exercise and to be honest, i eat for more than i ever did on any other diet but i move my body much more. I go swimming 3 times a week and use my new treadmill everyday (ok ok i only got it very recently but i'm blown away by how quick the weight is dropping just by doin gthe extra exercise)

Keep up the good work everybody

Nicki xx
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:23 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Lace!

I am off to the MILs now, will probably be back weighing that (and a few more) 1/2 lb you have just lost. I may need to eat to steady my nerves. God I need a few too and its not lunchtime yet. AAAAAAAGH

Still will keep thinking of lovely new white double ended bath with no chips out of it. deep sigh.

Good luck with the next few days all.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:39 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Nicki keep on going you can do it,
I have to lose at least 6 stone in the next 8 month or so. He y guess what I lost half a pound this week. Sorry Teach I gave it you!

So I have cheated and stuff but I lost half a pound at weight watchers the woman said in a quiet voice 'are you ok with that', Ok I was over the bloody moon, I have cheated to death.

Thanks for the lovely comments Mandi and if you want your hair done in that old granny style I can do the best then I'm your girl lol.

I will be on the sunshine coast and scissors will be there with me so you will have two hairdressers. She can do the trendy cuts and I'll have the grannies lol
Come on guys if I can lose half a pound then you can do it to that is 45 and a half puonds i think now. Is it, I can't remember.
cheers
Guys
Lace xxxx
Hey well done, cheated and still lost 1/2lb, of course you would be pleased with that. I had a one week holiday last year and thought that as I splashed around in the pool a bit I would be ok, I had put on 7lb.
Being good on the diet front, but feel frustrated that I cannot excersise, in fact I can hardly walk and I only did 20mins of the Davina DVD on Monday and am in agony. Got a viewing at 6.30 too so still trying to get the house spotless without moving my legs much
45 & 1/2 pounds, wow that is fantastic!!!! you must feel great to have lost that much weight. Keep it up.

ps, hope you two hairdressers arent going to far up the sunshine coast, I was looking forward to having a hairdresser in Redcliffe, could have popped to see my relatives at the same time as getting my hair done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.