Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by lacey21
Cheers Sarah but the day is not over yet. I have just put a pasty in the oven for my other half who is due home from work about 9:30. I looked at it and my mouth watered. Then I have to put the chips in for him HELP ME! I am going to be good-wellmaybe-not-sortof
LACE
We all have off days Lace, you're especially entitled with all you've been through ! I have had a couple of weeks off and have just been lucky to keep losing the odd pound.

Back on track today though - did help having to spend three hours in casulty with my youngest having broken her arm - not much I could eat in there

Hardest thing ever is to get back on a diet when you've well and truly fallen off !
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Binbird are you ready for the weight in!!!!?????

I stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 4 pounds since last Monday - so very pleased and I feel that is really good for my 1st week on diet. I am still sticking to my points allowance on WW and am managing fine - I feel like i'm getting plenty to eat and I still save enough points for a treat or 2 in the evning - ie. a low cal packet of crisps and a curly wurly. Although I still have a good way to go, I feel better and lighter for even losing 4 pounds.

How did you get on?

Lynn
Well done Lynn, way to go girl !! This week 4 pounds, next week the world !

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:58 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

How have I missed this thread? might be just what I need.
Joined Slimming world this time last year and lost 3 of the 4 stone that I needed to lose (ready for my medical) I have since put 1 back on, so now need to lose 2 stone to reach goal. Husband is a shift worker so found that I was spending a fortune on missed classes so now going it alone. (not now I have found this thread
Bought the Davina DVD today and tried it tonight, I lasted 20 mins and my whole body had turned to jelly and I was in danger of falling over and squashing the cat so have turned off, will try and do a bit more than 20 mins tomorrow.
Well, my weigh in tonight is 12st 61b, and as long as there are no objections I will use this thread as my weigh in sheet, might spur me on a bit.
Wish I was one of those people that gets stressed and stops eating but alas I am not, in actual fact I eat more. My problems is I live to eat, unlike my husband who eats to live.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
How have I missed this thread? might be just what I need.
Joined Slimming world this time last year and lost 3 of the 4 stone that I needed to lose (ready for my medical) I have since put 1 back on, so now need to lose 2 stone to reach goal. Husband is a shift worker so found that I was spending a fortune on missed classes so now going it alone. (not now I have found this thread
Bought the Davina DVD today and tried it tonight, I lasted 20 mins and my whole body had turned to jelly and I was in danger of falling over and squashing the cat so have turned off, will try and do a bit more than 20 mins tomorrow.
Well, my weigh in tonight is 12st 61b, and as long as there are no objections I will use this thread as my weigh in sheet, might spur me on a bit.
Wish I was one of those people that gets stressed and stops eating but alas I am not, in actual fact I eat more. My problems is I live to eat, unlike my husband who eats to live.

Welcome to the thread - the more the merrier !

I've also got the Davina DVD - very good workout I must say. If you can, lower the intensity and do all the easier versions and try to do the whole DVD and then, as you get fitter, you can try and increase the intensity. Otherwise you'll end up with fabulous thighs and eveything else will be jelly !!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Of everything here PP has got it right. Eat well, exercise and be happy. If your lifestyle denies any of the previous you have to change. No fad diet will change ones lifestyle.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:42 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Binbird - I use weightwatchers.com BMI calculator - it is the same standard one that Dr's use. The calculator below it also tells you what your 10% goal should be so that you are losing weight in sensible blocks.

My BMI is 25.9 so i'm just in overweight by 6 pounds (I am 5"9 and 12 stone 7 at the minute - my 10% goal is 11 stone 7, if I meet that I will then set another 10% goal)

Heres the link:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/heal.../calc_bmi.aspx

Lots of good articles on the site as well,
Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:05 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome Shazza, nice to have another member on board.

Tonight is the night... if I step on scales again tonight at WW and there is no change, I'm not going again. In the 3 weeks I've been following the diet I've had 1 bad weekend and have increased my exercise by loads ie: I didn't do any before. So if there is no change tonight, I'm going to invest the money in scales. I lost loads of weight last year by myself and this time I have all of you on here, so by my reckoning I'm far better off and not paying £4.95 a week to get dirty looks and no support. I'll update you all after weigh in tonight.
hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:31 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Heres the link:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/heal.../calc_bmi.aspx

Lots of good articles on the site as well,
Lynn

Lynn - thanks for the link. Now I am even happier! The reading I got on that for my height of 5 ft 8 in and weighing 9 st 7 lbs was 20.3%! BUT, thanks to my three lovely daughters I continue to feel flabby because of my tummy! Will it ever be the same again?! Anyone got any good tips on how to get a super flat tum?

Thanks for your calculation too ohippy but far too mathematical for me!

And welcome Shazza - I've got a husband who does loads of exercise and eats fairly healthily and when he gets on our scales his BMI comes up at 11%. How unrealistic is that? It's not as if he is skinny - he has love handles like most people of a certain age! lol

Anyway, really finding this thread a help as it is managing to keep me on the straight and narrow at the moment!

Binbird

p.s. And good luck with the weigh in tonight Sarah!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

bondipom weight watchers is a change of life style. Money changes a life style come an live in Manchseter for a week!
Lace
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Welcome shazza good luck for tonight Sarah. You wont need it you have been a good girl.
I weigh in tomorrow, however, not been a good girl.
I looked at my bmi also I am around 40 soumthing I have a long way to go but till next year to do it.
Lace
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by binbird
Lynn - thanks for the link. Now I am even happier! The reading I got on that for my height of 5 ft 8 in and weighing 9 st 7 lbs was 20.3%! BUT, thanks to my three lovely daughters I continue to feel flabby because of my tummy! Will it ever be the same again?! Anyone got any good tips on how to get a super flat tum?

Thanks for your calculation too ohippy but far too mathematical for me!

And welcome Shazza - I've got a husband who does loads of exercise and eats fairly healthily and when he gets on our scales his BMI comes up at 11%. How unrealistic is that? It's not as if he is skinny - he has love handles like most people of a certain age! lol

Anyway, really finding this thread a help as it is managing to keep me on the straight and narrow at the moment!

Binbird

p.s. And good luck with the weigh in tonight Sarah!
Binbird - a BMI below 20 is considered 'underweight' The healthiest is to be right between 20 and 25 - is 22.5!!!!! I don't think you should try to lose any more weight - you need to do some excercise for your tum.
I would be so skinny at that weight and i'm only an inch taller than you! I look slimmest at 10.5 stone which is my ultimate goal but I would not want to lose any more than that.
Just my thoughts,
Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by lacey21
Welcome shazza good luck for tonight Sarah. You wont need it you have been a good girl.
I weigh in tomorrow, however, not been a good girl.
I looked at my bmi also I am around 40 soumthing I have a long way to go but till next year to do it.
Lace
You can do it Lace - you will feel really good when you get there too - and the health benefits will be tremendous.
Keep it up honey,
Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:57 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Binbird - a BMI below 20 is considered 'underweight' The healthiest is to be right between 20 and 25 - is 22.5!!!!! I don't think you should try to lose any more weight - you need to do some excercise for your tum.
I would be so skinny at that weight and i'm only an inch taller than you! I look slimmest at 10.5 stone which is my ultimate goal but I would not want to lose any more than that.
Just my thoughts,
Lynn

Lynn

Thanks for your supportive comments.

Like I said - I'm happy with the weight (as long as I can maintain it!) and agree that I just need to work on toning the tummy area in particular. Previously I was going on the BMI recorded on my scales (28-30%) but you have convinced me that I should ignore that because I don't actually feel fat, except in the tummy area as I said. But weight is a funny old thing. If you put me alongside my sister you would say that we probably weighed within a pound or two of each other but the fact is that she has always been at least a stone heavier than me (which has always peed her off immensely!) Is her plea of heavier bones likely or is it just coz she has bigger boobs?!

Anyway, having another good day so far and off to the gym tonight (to work on my tummy muscles of course!) if I can motivate myself. Haven't been able to go during the day like I usually do as youngest daughter has been home this week as her playgroup has already closed for Easter.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Binbird
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

Aww thanks Lynn and Binbird seems to me like you are too thin. It is not fair, I am going to tell my mum!
I am having a hell of a time finding a job guys. I have posted something about it on the British ex pats.
Getting weary now! I thought if the job was on the list then it was ok but apparently it isn't I will have to get back to my agent and ask why later on.
Keep your chins up girls
love lace
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:13 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Is there room for one more on here?

I just took the test and I came up with a bmi of 28.8. Cos I am only short i am starting to look like a little barrel. I make lots of starts but they don't last long. I have been a member of a gym for nearly a year but i don't get there half as much as i would like. I am thinking of going to Slimming World but it won't be until after half term as i have 3 kids off school.

I finished work just over a week ago for lots of different reasons, but that was playing havoc with my eating habits. I workd from 9.30 to 2.30. I would have breakfast most days, but if I didn't have time I would eat anything or the boss would buy sausage rolls or doughnuts and I have no willpower to say no when she was stuffing it under my nose! I would not have a lunch break as I only worked 5 hours so I would come in starving and eat anything I could get my hands on, usually high in calories and fat. I would try and go to the gym, but if my oldest was busy I couldn't leave the younger ones on their own. Any excuse was a good one though.

Then i would graze continually till my husband got in from work about 6.30 and we would be eating about 7.30 - 8.00 so in the last year or so I have gained a stone and a half. Its all my fault I know and I really need to do better.

I know that I will have to do medicals for Oz and this is so important to me I know that if I can get through the first couple of weeks i will be ok. It is breaking the bad habits in the first place that do me.

So can I join you please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.