Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I dont know, I'd forgotten about it until earlier......

*watch this space I guess*
How could you forget! Its for YOUR birthday! (Hits forehead in frustration, must be the NZ air!!)

Tell Camilla I will wear the witches hat all night till she finds us....so look for an idiot in a tall purple hat, and several people trying to pretend they don't know me!

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 25th 2004 at 2:54 am.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
How could you forget! Its for YOUR birthday! (Hits forehead in frustration, must be the NZ air!!)

Tell Camilla I will wear the witches hat all night till she finds us....so look for an idiot in a tall purple hat, and several people trying to pretend they don't know me!

Okay, so I'm thinking that we'll meet about 7.30/8pm - how's that for everyone else?

I was wondering, if anyone would mind if a couple of my other (Aussie) friends/partner turned up.... they would like to have a birthday drink with me as well I was going to meet up with them on the Saturday, but I have to go to a footy presentation night instead
If anyone has any objections and would like to keep it to girlie expats, its not a problem I'll meet them earlier on or something - just let me know
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:51 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I'm thinking that we'll meet about 7.30/8pm - how's that for everyone else?

I was wondering, if anyone would mind if a couple of my other (Aussie) friends/partner turned up.... they would like to have a birthday drink with me as well I was going to meet up with them on the Saturday, but I have to go to a footy presentation night instead
If anyone has any objections and would like to keep it to girlie expats, its not a problem I'll meet them earlier on or something - just let me know
Still don't know my shifts for this week but even if I work, I should be able to get there at about nine the latest. Bf has already asked if he was allowed to come...I am sure he will be happy to hear the news!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:16 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbara_CH
Still don't know my shifts for this week but even if I work, I should be able to get there at about nine the latest. Bf has already asked if he was allowed to come...I am sure he will be happy to hear the news!
Might even be able to get The Bloke along ........ yes, I think we'll allow the guys this time, after all its not a proper Girly Drinking Club night is it!
7.30-8 sounds fine to me..... In fact anything after 4pm sounds good to me.....!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Might even be able to get The Bloke along ........ yes, I think we'll allow the guys this time, after all its not a proper Girly Drinking Club night is it!
7.30-8 sounds fine to me..... In fact anything after 4pm sounds good to me.....!

Goodie

The Blokey is taking me out to dinner beforehand, but we'll eat at Chermside and be at Gils by 8pm!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:47 am
Home and Happy

Goodie

The Blokey is taking me out to dinner beforehand, but we'll eat at Chermside and be at Gils by 8pm!
Eat plenty then you can drink more, cos the food will soak it up!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:34 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Eat plenty then you can drink more, cos the food will soak it up!!

Ooooooooooh, okay then...... as you insist
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:51 am
Home and Happy

Ooooooooooh, okay then...... as you insist
Mind you, that does give me more drinking time before you get there. Hope theres other people there to keep me talking or I'll be about 8 pints ahead of you....
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:38 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Oh....hmmmm..... well, if we can bring blokes along.... can I bring one too? Met myself a lovely Aussie bloke! He mentioned he wouldn't mind coming along... just thought I'd check - what with him not being an expat and all....

General opinion?

W.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:23 am
Home and Happy

The more the merrier - if he thinks he can cope with us!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:40 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Oh....hmmmm..... well, if we can bring blokes along.... can I bring one too? Met myself a lovely Aussie bloke! He mentioned he wouldn't mind coming along... just thought I'd check - what with him not being an expat and all....

General opinion?

W.

I dont mind at all - perhaps we can alternate girlie/partner drinking nights?!! Bring him along!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind at all - perhaps we can alternate girlie/partner drinking nights?!! Bring him along!!

Sounds like you are going to have a "bonza" birthday! Keep next year's one the same date, cos I'm planning on joining you
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sounds like you are going to have a "bonza" birthday! Keep next year's one the same date, cos I'm planning on joining you

I'll certainly do my best!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:29 pm
Home and Happy

Just a quick bump for this - as its Michelles birthday do, rather than an official meeting of the drinking Club, we are allowing blokes to come along......so if anyone wants to join us, look for the idiot in the purple witchy hat - we'll be at a table outside Gilhooleys at Chermside from about 7.30 onwards tonight (Friday). Even The Bloke said he might come......unless theres something good on TV ........
(he's cute, but less simpering even than I am!)
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:25 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hope you have a fab birthday Michelle - wish I was coming with you!!!
I'm sure you'll drink plenty and have an excellent night!!!!
Let us know how it went.
Shell
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.