Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

Old Oct 15th 2004, 3:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

Thanks for a fab night! Hope you all enjoyed it too.

Finding out we are probably homeless, 10 minutes before leaving for the train, I very nearly didn't come, but I had to deliver Michelle's birthday pressie so I made the effort!
Watch this space for a post about a Christmas night out, and in the meantime Gilhooleys at Chermside is the next meet......October 29th......see you all there?

PS - told you I'd be the first one to post!

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 15th 2004 at 3:56 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 4:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cutesy? No. Simpering? No. Drinkers? Yep!

God girl, do you ever sleep!

What's the problem with the house?
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Finding out we are probably homeless, 10 minutes before leaving for the train, I very nearly didn't come, but I had to deliver Michelle's birthday pressie so I made the effort!
Watch this space for a post about a Christmas night out, and in the meantime Gilhooleys at Chermside is the next meet......October 29th......see you all there?

Are you awake yet? maybe not probably out jogging with the bloke
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:35 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Pollyanna,

Glad you had a fab night!!!!!! Any piccies????
Hope your head doesn't hurt too much!!!
What's the problem with you probably being homeless???? Hope it's sorted out now??!! Let me know.

And Michelle - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!

Shell
xxxx
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:07 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Pollyanna,

Glad you had a fab night!!!!!! Any piccies????
Hope your head doesn't hurt too much!!!
What's the problem with you probably being homeless???? Hope it's sorted out now??!! Let me know.

And Michelle - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!

Shell
xxxx
Hee hee - thanks!! Its in a couple of weeks time, but Polly got me a fab pressie

Great to meet the new girlies - hope to see you again soon!

AM - thanks for the parting pints!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

NealMartin will become famous soon enough

So where were you all? I told my wife to get down there to Gilhooleys on Charlotte St as planned at 7.30 last night Friday 15th Oct 2004 and there were no girlies there!!?? Did you change venues somewhere in all those posts? Or did I get confused?

Is there another meet being planned?

Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NealMartin
So where were you all? I told my wife to get down there to Gilhooleys on Charlotte St as planned at 7.30 last night Friday 15th Oct 2004 and there were no girlies there!!?? Did you change venues somewhere in all those posts? Or did I get confused?

Is there another meet being planned?

The've been rumbled, probably in the Queen street tearooms sipping earl grey and eating cucumber sarnies, while planning the next craft meet
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, we were there, 5 Brits and 1 Swiss and a vast amount of alcohol.....and a well thumbed Firefighters Calendar.
And you can tell how late we got home cos I put this thread on before I woke up The Bloke!
Theres a couple of photos somewhere, have to wait and see if they get posted.

Problem with the Unit is that The Bloke has been renting of a friend of a friend for years, has no contract, deposit or anything, and the guy is threatening to sell.I've never been happy with the arrangement, and now it seems I have good reason. He hasn't even told us - just the woman next door
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:04 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Nope, we were there, 5 Brits and 1 Swiss and a vast amount of alcohol.....and a well thumbed Firefighters Calendar.
And you can tell how late we got home cos I put this thread on before I woke up The Bloke!
Theres a couple of photos somewhere, have to wait and see if they get posted.

Problem with the Unit is that The Bloke has been renting of a friend of a friend for years, has no contract, deposit or anything, and the guy is threatening to sell.I've never been happy with the arrangement, and now it seems I have good reason. He hasn't even told us - just the woman next door
B*gger!!

What a pain re the house - no wonder you needed to hit the bottle Hope it gets sorted soon.... I guess, on the plus side, it means you get to choose somewhere to live, together, that's *your* choice as well...

Hope it works out OK.

Anya.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:09 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by anya4oz
B*gger!!

What a pain re the house - no wonder you needed to hit the bottle Hope it gets sorted soon.... I guess, on the plus side, it means you get to choose somewhere to live, together, that's *your* choice as well...

Hope it works out OK.

Anya.
Thats the only positive thing I've come up with Anya, at least it will be 'our' place. I'm p***d off that The Bloke told me just before I went out last night, esp as it was a year to the day that I had consigned my stuff to the tender care of the UK removal people and moved out of my last flat.
Problem is now, every suburb I mention he objects to for some reason, we can't afford to buy so have to rent again, and as he has no deposit to come back my newly acquired "UK emergency flight fund credit card" will have to be used for that. Ah well, perhaps we can go back in 2007 instead.......
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Hi all thank you all to my new friends it was great a lovely night out.
Hubby will do the pic he is at work so you all will have to wait
No probs for the it was nice to see you all.

good luck with the houseing polly
have a lovely few days away m
good luck with your diveing test w
sorry swiss lady we did not talk but next time we will take care
kay it was like being home both of us from the north west which was great.just like talking to my dads family

hope you all can read this.
Thank you all it was fab
see you all soon
love
Ann Marie
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:19 pm
Home and Happy

Ann Marie, it was fab to meet you at last; hope to see you next time
We'll also try and get together with the husbands sometime
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Gilhooleys at Chermside is the next meet......October 29th......see you all there?
Aw and I'll be in mid-air en route to Brisbane then. Mind you, I'm not sure being in a bar with a bunch of drunken women whilst jet-lagged is a good idea
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:47 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thats the only positive thing I've come up with Anya, at least it will be 'our' place. I'm p***d off that The Bloke told me just before I went out last night, esp as it was a year to the day that I had consigned my stuff to the tender care of the UK removal people and moved out of my last flat.
Problem is now, every suburb I mention he objects to for some reason, we can't afford to buy so have to rent again, and as he has no deposit to come back my newly acquired "UK emergency flight fund credit card" will have to be used for that. Ah well, perhaps we can go back in 2007 instead.......

I hear Bracken Ridge is really nice, and Shell is moving here as well, so perhaps we could take it over
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:51 pm
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road

Do you ever sleep? I just got out of bed, got the paper and will jump back in and STAY there for the rest of the day. Had a good night out and it was so good to finally meet you all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.