cost of living

Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:47 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Megalania
The Unfortunate History that launched a 1,000 Month Empire.
Yer being all cryptic again, Megs - expand on that, if you would be so kind!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:48 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Five down, six across.

jib
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Oi DUPman - what you bin sayin whilst I slumbered.
I keep telling you I am Cornish not English.
We aint in England we are attached to it. Actually we are not at all attached to it so I should say joined to it.

I am a Celt through and through born and bred in the heartland of the clay industry of mid Cornwall. In fact have very rarely ventured beyond it's borders which is why so many people are shocked about my OZ plans.
When you get here you'll be just another pom
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:49 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jib
Five down, six across.

jib
(5,3)?

Easy - "silly sod'!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:56 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
When you get here you'll be just another pom
LOL

DUP, cockney aussie sounds slightly scary :scared:
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:59 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
LOL

DUP, cockney aussie sounds slightly scary :scared:
A lot of transportees were Cockneys - so Cockney (esp. the rhyming slang) is a part of Aussie culture and language. Why do you think Only Fools and Horses does so well out here?!

Anyway, you're an Aussie, so you know that!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:59 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by downunderpom
Yer being all cryptic again, Megs - expand on that, if you would be so kind!!
Aus had to invent state / city rivalries for a bit of white-fella fun. The British still go on about intra-island(s) ethnicity after hundreds of years. Some couldn't take the bickering and starvation and hooked off shore.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of transportees were Cockneys - so Cockney (esp. the rhyming slang) is a part of Aussie culture and language. Why do you think Only Fools and Horses does so well out there?!

Anyway, you're an Aussie, so you know that!

The late, great Barry Sheene - loved by Australia. I bet there was more tributes to him in the Australian media than there were in the UK.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jib
Five down, six across.

jib
quite clever
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:07 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Do you know what the whole quotation is? I know that it's "Death to all Englishmen..." but I don't know the full phrase or the full translation..... And I don't speak any more Welsh than Ois and Nachois, and Dioch 'n vowr (Which is phonetic spelling BEFORE you tell me off! )
You mean this very popular drinking greeting, which can be heard ringing out through the village pubs after their religious Sunday services in church ?

Iechyd da bob Cymro twll dyn bob Sais!

Good health to all Welsh, All english( ie - B*gger off to the English) are arseholes . ..in the nicest possible way of course (you're going get me in trouble!!... I didn't say it honest gov!... I never, never say it myself, tut tut).
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:11 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Ceri
You mean this very popular drinking greeting, which can be heard ringing out through the village pubs after their religious Sunday services in church ?

Iechyd da bob Cymro twll dyn bob Sais!

Good health to all Welsh, All english( ie - B*gger off to the English) are arseholes . ..in the nicest possible way of course (you're going get me in trouble!!... I didn't say it honest gov!... I never, never say it myself, tut tut).
Please explain: Why do I need you in my country?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:12 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by Ceri
you're going get me in trouble
Not me, Guv! Mrs DUP would skin me alive!!

Can I have a phonetic conversion of 'yacky da', too, please?

My party trick when I was out here last was rattling off Llanfairpwlgwyn... The other kids could never get enough of it! They're a weird mob.... (good title for a book, that!)
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:13 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by hevs
quite clever
Hevs! Empty your PM box!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:14 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by Megalania
Please explain: Why do I need you in my country?
Don't be a dick, Megs. Ceri was responding to a direct question from me.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:19 am
Banned

Don't be a dick, Megs. Ceri was responding to a direct question from me.
MMM, yeah. But not the first time she has expounded thus. Homesickness - OK. Un-welcome Un-loading - NOK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.