cost of living

Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:07 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix
But wouldn't East put you in the ocean ?
Well from your part of the world it would put you in England .. cold shiver just ran down my spine ... ach tooch
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Hah yep, I get the giggles whenever I go to do the groceries & see a lettuce as well.

Slightly offtopic, remember our discussion about languages at the schools? Went up to help in the classroom this morning & heres one boys teacher teaching the class a nursery Rhyme in French ! Obviously not a structured class or anything, but they are exposing them & teaching them some basic stuff even in year 1, which I never expected.
You would love Canada, you get the choice for bilingual state schools, my friends 3 girls were fluent in French and English by age 8, its a brilliant scheme, because they learn it so young it just happens. I seriously regret my kids not getting languages till later on , one did get language from grade 4 in OZ, but it was very basic, counting 1-10 hello/goodbye stuff, not really enough to do much. By the time it got serious it was high school and too late.

Still my mum learnt German when she was 65, she takes tourists round London and wanted to understand what they were saying, theres hope for us all then

Back to the lettuce topic, sorry for that.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:13 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri
Well from your part of the world it would put you in England .. cold shiver just ran down my spine ... ach tooch
[whisper] Is anyone else going to point out that Cornwall (BixLand) IS in England, already, or am I the only one daft enough to stick his head above the parapet? [/whisper]

BTW, Ceri, is 'ach tooch' Welsh for 'Ah-choo'?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:20 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by downunderpom
[whisper] Is anyone else going to point out that Cornwall (BixLand) IS in England, already, or am I the only one daft enough to stick his head above the parapet? [/whisper]

BTW, Ceri, is 'ach tooch' Welsh for 'Ah-choo'?
Hence the joke .. Don't you know Cornish people do not consider themselves to be in England? .. now don't tell bix he is in England for gawds sake

Oes map gyda chi? (have you got a map)

sorry bix .. just joking
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:23 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
& exactly how much is lettuce this week jayr?

$3.99!

Product Name
Lettuce - Standard Iceberg
Price per Unit
$3.99 /Head
Quality

Product Description
The Iceberg Lettuce has very crisp medium green leaves in a compact, firm head. Usually eaten fresh, it can also be braised, stir-fryed or added to an asian soup. The best lettuce for prawn cocktails and sung choi bao.
Attached Thumbnails cost of living-lettuce.jpg  

Last edited by jayr; Mar 24th 2004 at 1:25 am.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:26 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hence the joke .. Don't you know Cornish people do not consider themselves to be in England? .. now don't tell bix he is in England for gawds sake

Oes map gyda chi? (have you got a map)

sorry bix .. just joking
Ahhh... right. So the Corns have delusions of grandeur, just like the Welsh, then. It's all part of England, anyway. Ask any foreigner....

(Now watch the fur fly!!!) :scared:
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:34 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ahhh... right. So the Corns have delusions of grandeur, just like the Welsh, then. It's all part of England, anyway. Ask any foreigner....

(Now watch the fur fly!!!) :scared:
As I've said in the past, I don't hit pussy cats.

" anyway. Ask any foreigner" quote from you ..... well what's your answer then Mr Foreigner , I mean Mr English man
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by jayr
$3.99!

Product Name
Lettuce - Standard Iceberg
Price per Unit
$3.99 /Head
Quality

Product Description
The Iceberg Lettuce has very crisp medium green leaves in a compact, firm head. Usually eaten fresh, it can also be braised, stir-fryed or added to an asian soup. The best lettuce for prawn cocktails and sung choi bao.
Stop get getting excited about your lettuces.

You've started jayr off now.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:43 am
I like kittens.

As I've said in the past, I don't hit pussy cats.

" anyway. Ask any foreigner" quote from you ..... well what's your answer then Mr Foreigner , I mean Mr English man
Sorry, my lovely, I have to correct you there... I was born in Bridgend General Hospital.

I am, by blood, half Welsh, quarter Scots, and quarter Irish. I do not have a single drop of filthy English blood in me!

(But as I'm 100% Aussie by inclination, let ME tell YOU.....)
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:47 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Sorry, my lovely, I have to correct you there... I was born in Bridgend General Hospital.

sorry to hear that... couldn't you be born in a nicer town?
Penybont eh? well never mind, I won't hold that against you

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:51 am
I like kittens.

sorry to hear that... couldn't you be born in a nicer town?
Penybont eh? well never mind, I won't hold that against you

Cheers
I know - I went back after living in several other countries, just to see what it was like. Big disappoinment. Dirty, rubbish blowing around the streets, grim people.... I got out again, pretty bloody sharpish.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

I know - I went back after living in several other countries, just to see what it was like. Big disappoinment. Dirty, rubbish blowing around the streets, grim people.... I got out again, pretty bloody sharpish.
went back to Gower.. happy smiling people, fresh air, beautiful beaches and mountains... wonder why I left? Can't wait to go back, after 12 years of living away here and in Asia .. Haven't seen anything that matches it.

gawd we've hijacked the cost of living thread.

Back to the cost of food ... I bought tinned laverbread back with me, at two pounds twenty pence each I think they were, if that's any help, in Swansea market .. now that's expensive.. brought 15 tins back

Monster munch - one pound (in the pound shop, I was going to ask the assistant how much they were..lol)
four bags of multi pack walkers crisps $3 (pounds) on special buy 4 for the cost of three.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:09 am
I like kittens.

Back to the cost of food ...
Two sirloin steaks, each about 1.5" thick, and a chook - $12.

And the steaks fell apart - didn't need a knife!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:18 am
ABCDiamond

Two sirloin steaks, each about 1.5" thick, and a chook - $12.

And the steaks fell apart - didn't need a knife!
1kg Eye fillet, for Chateaubraind, $20.00 - in the fridge now waiting to go in the oven tonight

It'll look like my avatar

Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The Daily Lettuce:

Tough times shred gains from lettuce crop

Lettuce Economics 101

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.