Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:40 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
I wonder how many of the high and mighty lot on this thread have never smoked a joint or taken an ekky years ago, I know I have done a bit in my younger days, I have also sniffed a fair bit of charlie. I never got caught and am now in Australia, I very rarely smoke dope nowadays but my point is if this girl had not been caught and had applied she would still be the same person but would have no worries for getting here to Australia.

Good luck to you and the misses.
Well said.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sassenach]
Originally Posted by rodandhayley
I dare say i help druggies out more than you ever will ,i pay wages to them which stops them robing jumped up little twerps like you .So why dont you go and do some thing useful to society like i do .I deal with their excuses their ill health ,i go to their funerals and i have consoled their family in one case ,who the f--k are you to say i am holier than though ,all i am is a shit aresed brickie who has half a crew who are habitual druggies and yet i give them more slack than i do the guys who arnt druggies and this is exactly what society does ,it keeps giving out to these people .

This sassenach is priceless, employer of the year to the lost and fallen,
velvet glove in one hand iron fist in the other.
somebody cue the music to the saint.
long live this forum your entertainment value far outways any comedy on tv at the moment
Anyway this thread seems to be going on a tangent the guy was asking if it will fail her visa i think it will but its worth a try.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:39 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rodandhayley]
Originally Posted by sassenach

Anyway this thread seems to be going on a tangent the guy was asking if it

will fail her visa i think it will but its worth a try.

But were they really asking?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rugbymatt]
Originally Posted by rodandhayley

But were they really asking?
Maybe they were, but they were condemned by a lot of people, maybe they had the good sense to give it a swerve.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:51 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=rodandhayley]
Originally Posted by sassenach

This sassenach is priceless, employer of the year to the lost and fallen,
velvet glove in one hand iron fist in the other.
somebody cue the music to the saint.
long live this forum your entertainment value far outways any comedy on tv at the moment
Anyway this thread seems to be going on a tangent the guy was asking if it will fail her visa i think it will but its worth a try.
i aim to please ,and obviously you enjoyed it .
PS when was the last time you did something for the drug F--ked community of australia ?

Last edited by sassenach; Nov 7th 2006 at 12:03 am.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fraser]
Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Maybe they were, but they were condemned by a lot of people, maybe they had the good sense to give it a swerve.

Think its amazing that so many of the people posting seriously sanctimonious comments are most likely people who would think of nothing about going and drinking several pints/vino's/sherries/Baileys/ whatever, yet comment SO vociferously about charlie!

And no people I'm not condoning, nor supporting it, but a drug, is a drug is a drug!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:08 am

[QUOTE=rugbymatt]
Originally Posted by fraser

Think its amazing that so many of the people posting seriously sanctimonious comments are most likely people who would think of nothing about going and drinking several pints/vino's/sherries/Baileys/ whatever, yet comment SO vociferously about charlie!

And no people I'm not condoning, nor supporting it, but a drug, is a drug is a drug!
Been there earlier in the thread
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:11 am
Straw Man.

[QUOTE=fraser]

Been there earlier in the thread

I know you have mate but it still blows me away that people dont see it!

By the way well done at the weekend! God Wenger is a tosser!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:30 am

[QUOTE=rugbymatt]

I know you have mate but it still blows me away that people dont see it!

By the way well done at the weekend! God Wenger is a tosser!
The thing is with a lot people there's just one way to look at things, which is theirs and they wont consider another perspective.

Somebody once said on here they'd rather work with someone who had been drinking than on drugs as they'd trust the effects of the drink more, yet this person had never took any drug of any sort.

So how could he come to a conclusion like that without having any experience to base it on?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:58 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fraser]

The thing is with a lot people there's just one way to look at things, which is theirs and they wont consider another perspective.

Somebody once said on here they'd rather work with someone who had been drinking than on drugs as they'd trust the effects of the drink more, yet this person had never took any drug of any sort.

So how could he come to a conclusion like that without having any experience to base it on?
I've always thought that part of the problem with drugs is that the media turns the whole issue into something for hysteria and widespread panic, without taking any responsibility for education of any kind.

A more successful approach would be to inform, in plain, clear English, what the dangers of respective drugs are. Also, what action people need to take if they find themselves - which does happen - in a situation that they are unsure about. The majority of Ecstacy related deaths occur through ignorance of the drug, it's effects and how to deal with them.

The kids of today WILL at some stage try drugs of some description, many without significant harm or effect on their lives. Others however will experience negative effects, and they need to be adequately equipped with knowledge and understanding to deal with it.

The 'Daily Mail drugs are bad lets sensationalise and repress education of the' approach just doesn't work. Something like the FRANK programme in the UK is much better, but needs to be more widely available in schools and places where young people are.

S
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hmm. I always thought it would be interesting if they experimented with some low cost taxed recreational drugs... You could pop into Boots on your way back from work to pick up some E or coke, all nicely pharmacised with sensible amounts of products in, pay for it, adding to the exchequer and boosting my shares in Boots...

I think there may even be some advantages in there you know...

S
You may be onto something ... Red Bull sales may suffer though ...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:35 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rugbymatt]

Maybe because one has been deemed by society to be illegal and the other not.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:43 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulhill
The problem with applying for your police checks now is that you visa runnings in conjunction therefore if you applied for police checks 6th November 2006 you would have to enter Australia before 6th November 2007!!

I wouldnt waste your money on anything, a drug convicition is the worst thing you could have on file!
The worst? Who are you to talk? Don't you think convictions for the Guildford Pub bombings and a separate murder are more serious - even if they were quashed years later?

Paul Hill Cleared

On a slightly more serious note: an old conviction for possession of cannibis/hash/grass doesn't automatically disqualify you from getting a visa.

A recent one for Charlie? Dunno, it may depend on 1) whether there's a conviction or caution, 2) how DIMIA view a recent conviction/caution for a Class A(?) drug.

It's about assessing the applicant's character. I think, even if there is a conviction, you could build a case for saying it was a one-off and out of character.

It's not a complete disaster if you're really determined (if the OP is genuine).

Big.

Last edited by Big Galah; Nov 8th 2006 at 12:45 am.