Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:39 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I have to say that I quite liked Halifax.
Me too - Many English towns and cities have heaps more character (not all though, I know there are some real dives). Most of the Australian cities seem very samey.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:43 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foxychic
It is a privilege to live in such a multi-cultural area.

If you have ever visited Little India in Singapore, that is what Toller Lane, Leeds Road etc remind me of now. And people love visiting there.

I think Westfield are building a mall on the knocked down broadway thats what I figure from the signs as you are diverted all over the place!! It will be a lovely town centre with all the green spaces etc I never understand though in the regeneration projects like this how they can so conveniently forget the existing 'town centre' The Arndale will be redundant surely when everything is regenerated, with tenants forced to go under or move to the new 'area' with higher rents! Progress though, hey.

Happens all the time. Centre of Dudley is a ghost town full of rundown shops (mostly of the pound variety), high street banks, cash convertors, closed pubs and charity shops. Any link to the fact that Merry Hill mega-shopping Mall is now only a few miles away.

Rotherham exactly the same...Meadow Hall a few miles away.

These shopping malls are ripping the hearts out of towns and cities as the money follows, leaving crap choices for people who are unable to travel.

Not that I'm a fan but Bill Bryson urged the UK not to follow the example of the USA in building out of town shopping malls for this very reason....did we listen? Of course not.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:43 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
There you go again...you and identities!
Yep. Even a plonka can see this is a set up

So....who were you originally then BB
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:45 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz

So....who were you originally then BB

Well I'm Iraqi, have dodgy moustache and may not be around for much longer....?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Well I'm Iraqi, have dodgy moustache and may not be around for much longer....?
Why?

Back to Bradforfd huh

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Nov 9th 2006 at 7:54 am.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:50 am
A rather curious boy

Why?

Back off back to Bradforfd huh

Well, I'll certainly fit in!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:53 am
Account Closed

Well, I'll certainly fit in!!
Aha!!!!.......So THIS is you
Attached Thumbnails Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!-200px-borat_happy_time.jpg  
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:58 am
A rather curious boy

Aha!!!!.......So THIS is you

Oh you Westerners are all the same!

I am Iraqi, he is Uzbeki !
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Oh you Westerners are all the same!

I am Iraqi, he is Uzbeki !
He's your bleedin cousin

OK...so this is you then
Attached Thumbnails Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!-saddam_cp_5272574.jpg  
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:09 am
A rather curious boy

He's your bleedin cousin

OK...so this is you then
...if I told you, I'd have to kill you
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:11 am
Account Closed

...if I told you, I'd have to kill you
Well....I've been threatened worse
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You've spoilt the fun, I was gonna just agree with everything
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
You've spoilt the fun, I was gonna just agree with everything
I thought I'd save you a long drawn out job Wend

[Hope you soon feel better BTW m8 ]
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

What am I gonna do tomorrow now when I'm sat here playing poorly
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:27 am
A rather curious boy

See Trollfinder....I get caught out all the time. I just jump in thinking 'oh this could be interesting'. Ahh I need to be more cynical!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.