Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:13 am
Just Joined

shelia & brucie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

JUST A QUICK THREAD!!
ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS LIVED IN CAIRNS AUSTRALIA & MARRIED A AUSTRAILIAN BUT GOT VERY HOMESICK & THEREFORE MOVED BACK TO BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRE.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE INSANE!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Originally Posted by shelia & brucie
JUST A QUICK THREAD!!
ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS LIVED IN CAIRNS AUSTRALIA & MARRIED A AUSTRAILIAN BUT GOT VERY HOMESICK & THEREFORE MOVED BACK TO BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRE.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE INSANE!!

Yes.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:24 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes.

Seconded. Double YES! Chucked it, big style.

Was in Rotherham today....shXt-tip....all the money has gone to MeadowHall, centre of town was like something from an original kitchen sink drama.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Seconded. Double YES! Chucked it, big style.

Was in Rotherham today....shXt-tip....all the money has gone to MeadowHall, centre of town was like something from an original kitchen sink drama.

Rotherham is wonderful compared to Bradford, now theres a dump and it was getting worse by the day.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:33 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Rotherham is wonderful compared to Bradford, now theres a dump and it was getting worse by the day.

OH's family originally from Bradford. If we drive through, we don't stop the car!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

JUST A QUICK THREAD!!

Of course they are clearly insane...they should've chosen Sheffield.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:39 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Of course they are clearly insane...they should've chosen Sheffield.

OOOHHHH especially that housing estate overlooking the station, the huge red and cream one! (someone told me those were now a 'des-res' but I think they were having me on)!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busterboy
OH's family originally from Bradford. If we drive through, we don't stop the car!

I WAS ORIGINALLY FROM BRADFORD & BELIEVE ME I DEFINATLEY KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL, ITS A COMPLETE DUMP!! THAT'S WHY I NOW LIVE IN THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Sadly, we still live in Bradford too (That is until we get our Visa's granted) To be fair, they are tryin to spruce the city centre up, but at the end of the day you can't polish a turd can you. Having grown up here and seen the steady decline of a once beautiful city, I won't be sad to see the back of it.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:04 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by tony4563
Sadly, we still live in Bradford too (That is until we get our Visa's granted) To be fair, they are tryin to spruce the city centre up, but at the end of the day you can't polish a turd can you. Having grown up here and seen the steady decline of a once beautiful city, I won't be sad to see the back of it.
Fabulous phrase....I think my life would be complete if I could find a way to use it at least once a day!

I think a lot of people are sad to see the demise of some of the tradtitional towns...like I say, I was in Rotherham today and you could really see that there had been real money there once.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:04 am
Just Joined

you poor soles where abouts in bradford are you living, & where are you hoping to live in oz. we liked that statement as it is so true....
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:08 am
Just Joined

one of my parents lives in allerton & the other in eccelshill
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

one of my parents lives in allerton & the other in eccelshill

I lived in Allerton, a street just off the top of Saffron Drive.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did they ever find a new investor for the building work they were doing on Broadway?.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Ah, Saffron Drive...They've still got the gun turrets there since you left Wendy. I read in the Telegraph & Argus (local rag) that vandals broke into someones house on that road and decorated it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.