Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Sorry Wendy, I'm dead jealous of you really because your'e well and truly away from it all (lucky you) Regarding a new investor on Broadway...Dunno. I've no interest.. I never shop in Bradford City Centre anyway. I find it's worth the extra drive or bus ride to Leeds or The White Rose Centre. No pound Shops to be seen anywhere.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony4563
Sorry Wendy, I'm dead jealous of you really because your'e well and truly away from it all (lucky you) Regarding a new investor on Broadway...Dunno. I've no interest.. I never shop in Bradford City Centre anyway. I find it's worth the extra drive or bus ride to Leeds or The White Rose Centre. No pound Shops to be seen anywhere.

Ah the good ole Puond shops They are everywhere in between the mobile phone, cheap clothes and shoe shops.

I only had an interest in Broadway, cos I used to work at Ladbrokes there.

We lived near Saffron Drive cos all the robbers never broke into houses on there, they knew that they'd end up leaving money instead of taking stuff
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Louise and Craig is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just moved from Wibsey in Bradford, so you could say we lived in one of the 'posher' areas if you can call it that! I used to work in Beeston (South Leeds) and I can hand on heart say I would prefer to live in Bradford anyday! Still, we weren't sorry to see the place go.

Wendy - broadway is no longer now, it's just rubble and dust - it was in the process of being re-built as we were leaving.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Of course they are clearly insane...they should've chosen Sheffield.
You having a laugh
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louise and Craig
We've just moved from Wibsey in Bradford, so you could say we lived in one of the 'posher' areas if you can call it that! I used to work in Beeston (South Leeds) and I can hand on heart say I would prefer to live in Bradford anyday! Still, we weren't sorry to see the place go.

Wendy - broadway is no longer now, it's just rubble and dust - it was in the process of being re-built as we were leaving.

Yeah, I was there when they were pulling all the buildings down and just as we were leaving they said the investor had pulled out so they were looking for a new one. That's why I was wondering if they had found one yet and who it was.

I have family who live in Wibsey, well it's Buttershaw really, but they like to think they are posh
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Louise and Craig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy

I have family who live in Wibsey, well it's Buttershaw really, but they like to think they are posh
I suppose you have to make the best out of a bad situation
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Louise and Craig
I suppose you have to make the best out of a bad situation

Oh my family are really good at that
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice

[QUOTE=Wendy]Ah the good ole Puond shops They are everywhere in between the mobile phone, cheap clothes and shoe shops.

So this wouldn't be a good time to say that in Halifax we have two of them!!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tony4563
Sadly, we still live in Bradford too (That is until we get our Visa's granted) To be fair, they are tryin to spruce the city centre up, but at the end of the day you can't polish a turd can you. Having grown up here and seen the steady decline of a once beautiful city, I won't be sad to see the back of it.

Yes very sad, like alot of citys in the uk
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Firth4oz]
Originally Posted by Wendy
Ah the good ole Puond shops They are everywhere in between the mobile phone, cheap clothes and shoe shops.

So this wouldn't be a good time to say that in Halifax we have two of them!!!

Only two :scared: we had one every other shop
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Desire
Yes very sad, like alot of citys in the uk

Not just limited to the cities, just look at the towns as well. Here in Halifax they're trying to spruce things up on the Westgate side of the town by adding glass domes!!??
Halifax by the way is VERY victorian and thus glass dome sticks out like a sore thumb................
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Firth4oz
Not just limited to the cities, just look at the towns as well. Here in Halifax they're trying to spruce things up on the Westgate side of the town by adding glass domes!!??
Halifax by the way is VERY victorian and thus glass dome sticks out like a sore thumb................

I have to say that I quite liked Halifax. I worked there a few days a week filling in for the Administrator at the Mecca Bingo (old one) for a while. She was sacked for fiddling the payroll
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sheila and Bruce are really original names

You wouldn't be a flame thrower who lives under a bridge per chance
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:20 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Sheila and Bruce are really original names

You wouldn't be a flame thrower who lives under a bridge per chance

There you go again...you and identities!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a privilege to live in such a multi-cultural area.

If you have ever visited Little India in Singapore, that is what Toller Lane, Leeds Road etc remind me of now. And people love visiting there.

I think Westfield are building a mall on the knocked down broadway thats what I figure from the signs as you are diverted all over the place!! It will be a lovely town centre with all the green spaces etc I never understand though in the regeneration projects like this how they can so conveniently forget the existing 'town centre' The Arndale will be redundant surely when everything is regenerated, with tenants forced to go under or move to the new 'area' with higher rents! Progress though, hey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.