Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
What am I gonna do tomorrow now when I'm sat here playing poorly
Oh..silly me

You could go troll hunting
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:29 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

What am I gonna do tomorrow now when I'm sat here playing poorly
Well act like a man.....roll up on the couch, surrounded by remotes, whine every so often (fake coughing also good)...throw in a few 'I feel so weak', 'even my eyelids hurt' and 'have you turned off the lights everything seems to have gone dark' etc etc and you'll have an easier time of it for a while.

I hope you feel better soon too.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shelia & brucie
DO YOU THINK THEY ARE INSANE!!
Dunno. Are this years Xmas lights better in Bradford?

There is one tree already lit up in Cairns.

WW
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Oh..silly me

You could go troll hunting

My favourite hobby

Originally Posted by busterboy
Well act like a man.....roll up on the couch, surrounded by remotes, whine every so often (fake coughing also good)...throw in a few 'I feel so weak', 'even my eyelids hurt' and 'have you turned off the lights everything seems to have gone dark' etc etc and you'll have an easier time of it for a while.

I hope you feel better soon too.
It's funny isn't it, just as I get an excuse to take it easy the hubby (may) have a job!. so that idea's gone if he gets it cos I'll have to walk to the scholl and back twice a day, make kids tea, clean up and all the other stuff that I could make him do instead
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Yes, the Bradford Christmas lights are up already...red amber green amber red etc...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony4563
Yes, the Bradford Christmas lights are up already...red amber green amber red etc...
LOL

Wont be there for long.

Some bastard will pinch em
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony4563

Aye, that's about right, but don't forget the other xmas lights.....

Blue flashing ones that some cars and vans have on the top
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Aye, that's about right, but don't forget the other xmas lights.....
Blue flashing ones that some cars and vans have on the top
I dont think the ones attached to the camera inside the Landcruiser are blue fla$$$hing....
WW
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I dont think the ones attached to the camera inside the Landcruiser are blue fla$$$hing....
WW
Don't forget the christmas lights at Lumb Lane are permanently on red!!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Firth4oz
Don't forget the christmas lights at Lumb Lane are permanently on red!!!
Thought I would join in this sounds fun! A chav car pulled up outside our house last night with blue neon and red lights I thought for a minute that Santa had arrived early until I realised that he was not giving out presents but exchanging small packages. As we live on the outskirts of Bradford in a quite respectable area, or so we thought.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:25 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cairns 'v' Bradford West Yorkshire.!!

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Me too - Many English towns and cities have heaps more character (not all though, I know there are some real dives). Most of the Australian cities seem very samey.
It's because they're all so new. They haven't had time to develop much in the way of character.

Though if you scratch the surface of the capitals (and some of the older cities and towns) you might be surprised by their wealth of history.

Visit Freo some time, and check out the Roundhouse. Spend a day in Hobart, and walk around Battery Point or the Salamanca Markets. Drive through Adelaide, and admire all the 19th Century buildings.

There's plenty there; you just have to know where to look.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Had to join in with my stupidity. Lived in Australia for 18 years came back to Bradford for a holiday and see family. While I was here I met my future husband and returned to Bradford to get married and have lived here for the last 17 years. The stupid part (apart from living in Bradford) is that I lost my Australian residency as I was never made a citizen. We are now in the process of trying to get a former resident visa.

Now that is stupidity

Sunshine23
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:56 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Had to join in with my stupidity. Lived in Australia for 18 years came back to Bradford for a holiday and see family. While I was here I met my future husband and returned to Bradford to get married and have lived here for the last 17 years. The stupid part (apart from living in Bradford) is that I lost my Australian residency as I was never made a citizen. We are now in the process of trying to get a former resident visa.

Now that is stupidity

Sunshine23

Drumroll.....it's a tough category, but I believe we have a daily winner for Stupidist Person on the Forum' ....it's Sunshine 123

Don't worry, being a daily award, someone will beat you in the stupidity stakes tomorrow (the competition is fierce)!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

At least I know where to get a good curry lol....
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:41 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It's because they're all so new. They haven't had time to develop much in the way of character.

Though if you scratch the surface of the capitals (and some of the older cities and towns) you might be surprised by their wealth of history.

Visit Freo some time, and check out the Roundhouse. Spend a day in Hobart, and walk around Battery Point or the Salamanca Markets. Drive through Adelaide, and admire all the 19th Century buildings.

There's plenty there; you just have to know where to look.
We thought about trying Adelaide for a visit so glad you've recommended it. It's supposed to be quite a nice drive from Melbourne too. We loved Sydney - went up there at the weekend for the rugby and explored the Queen Vic building (few others but can't remember the names) and a few museums etc. Really loved the old buildings there and the Rocks area too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.