Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:54 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Do I need to call Thai in order to

1.) Confirm my flights closer to the departure date?
2.) Get an online login so I can check things online and pre-order my meal (great thing you can apparently do with Thai first).
Definitely check with Thai close to departure. When we flew to London this year we got to Brisbane International to book in only to discover that our flight from BKK to LHR had been cancelled. Seats were available on an earlier flight but only one FF Business Class (which was why we hadn't booked that flight in the first place). Luckily they managed to get us both into BC; the point is that Thai had passed this information on to US Airways but US hadn't bothered to tell us - so check, check, check!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,

Yes it's normal to hear nothing from US - but you should be able to ask either them or TG for your TG booking reference which allows you to log in to your booking on the TG website.

I'd be wary of preordering meals - I think the onboard selections might be better. The crew will no doubt let you have something else if you don't like the preorder choice. I always have the Thai options - the lobster gets a lot of negative feedback - indeed there was a lobster canapé ex SYD which had the consistency of a fan belt!!

As a Star Alliance first class passenger you are entitled to use the NZ lounge or Singapore Airlines lounges at SYD - however I've heard that the SQ lounge dragons can be difficult - most people prefer the NZ lounge anyway I think.

At BKK you'll only want to use the fantastic F lounge / spa - you'll be taken there by golf buggy which I found quite embarrassing!!

At LHR the official lounge is the SAS / Air Canada London lounge - I thought this place was rubbish!! In theory again your entitled to use the SQ F lounge but the dragon might be difficult and try and send you back to NZ.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almo
You might be waiting a while! I booked seats in August for a Christmas trip and just got my email confirmation today
I would check that email very carefully. I received a confirmation email out of the blue months after booking and although there were no words to that effect it was actually notification of significant schedule changes.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Thanks bcworld, I did have a look at it because I suspected something similar, and there is indeed a minor schedule change, but no big deal. Thanks for checking though.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

buzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant future

Hi,

found some availability from perth to manchester next year, but they are on lufthansa (business class) Anyone know what they are like? There is another flight, which takes a bit longer, but is with Thai. Is this preferable?

Also, can you add in a stop-over?

Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Long time lurker here.

I usually fly with Emirates, at least twice a year, back home upgrading to business from Sydney to Dubai using my skywards miles and then usually put up with economy for the 7 hour trip back to the Uk.

To save some $$ i always originate my flights from the Uk which works very well so with the exchange rate sitting where it is a ÂŁ900 Ek flight represents a great value.

I really cannot complain with EK, i have been upgraded to first class twice including on the A380 and ive had several free upgrades from economy to business so that along with a great seat, very nice lounges and the pick up service its a great product.

However i brought some US airmiles a year or so ago and I have just returned from my first leg flying BMI, Lufthansa on the A380 and then Sin on the A380.

Sin A380 was as good as the EK product and the seats were fantastic. Lufthansa seats have had some terrible reviews but i slept for 6 hours and i didnt think they were that bad. The lounge at Fkk was terrible though nothing like the lounges at Singapore or Ek in Sydney although they were located right by the gate so were just for use by the passengers on that flight and im sure there are other lounges at FKK.

Im flying to Sri Lanka in March with Thai so that will be an interesting comparison. I have just topped up again and may try Asiana next year when returning to Sydney as they consistently do well in the Skytrax awards.

Shame Singapore havent opened up availability for the Sin to Lhr route!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:45 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by buzzer
Hi,

found some availability from perth to manchester next year, but they are on lufthansa (business class) Anyone know what they are like? There is another flight, which takes a bit longer, but is with Thai. Is this preferable?

Also, can you add in a stop-over?

I assume you mean the long haul Asia - Europe sector is on LH? All their long haul fleet has the same slopey flat business seat - its probably much the same as Thai's. If you have a flight FRA - MAN on LH then business isn't much different to economy on board except for the catering - lounge access in the airport obviously.

Yes you can have one stopover.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bcworld
Hi Tony,

Yes it's normal to hear nothing from US - but you should be able to ask either them or TG for your TG booking reference which allows you to log in to your booking on the TG website.

Quick question, but where do I enter my detailes into the TG website? Can't seem to see a simple section for booking lookup!

If I log into my US Airways account I can see my flights, but if I try to go into any details it asks for my ref. and then doesn't let me log in!
Old Dec 18th 2011, 9:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Quick question, but where do I enter my detailes into the TG website? Can't seem to see a simple section for booking lookup!

If I log into my US Airways account I can see my flights, but if I try to go into any details it asks for my ref. and then doesn't let me log in!
http://www.thaiair.com/AWR_PREM/view-trip.jsp

You need to enter your 6 character THAI AIRWAYS reservation code...which is not the same as the US Airways reservation code.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

http://www.thaiair.com/AWR_PREM/view-trip.jsp

You need to enter your 6 character THAI AIRWAYS reservation code...which is not the same as the US Airways reservation code.
Anyone else getting e-mails about the Dividend miles program change happening February 2012?? (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...m-changes.html)

I have had a quick look and can't see an upgraded mileage chart for folks like us, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Has anyone else noticed anything of concern for us 2012 travel hopefuls?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louiseos
Anyone else getting e-mails about the Dividend miles program change happening February 2012?? (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...m-changes.html)

I have had a quick look and can't see an upgraded mileage chart for folks like us, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Has anyone else noticed anything of concern for us 2012 travel hopefuls?
Nope...nothing to worry about!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Hi bcworld and thanks to you we are now in Sydney for our first holiday to Oz, visiting our son. The flights on Thai were fab and we arrived in Sydney, after 1 night in Bangkok, fully refreshed. Everything about Thai was amazing, we couldn't fault it at all. I have just purchased 20,000 + 20,000 free and now have enough for my next flight. Love love love Oz, people so nice and always helpful and friendly. Weather got off to a bad start, thought we had brought Scottish weather with us but the sun is out and we are so looking forward to our first hot Christmas. Hope you all have a fantastic Xmas and thanks again bcworld. Cheers for now
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Exchange rate dropped below parity there for a while but has just headed back up to $1.02US to the $1AUD today so looking good for a purchase!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

Nope...nothing to worry about!
Thanks bcworld, I didn't think I had missed anything, but always best to check with another set of eyes.

I still think you rock for sharing all of this knowledge with us!!

Have a great Christmas everyone, whether you're in Aus or abroad!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 12:40 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

hi guys.
I have joined this program today but wont be within 11 days. it seems on the site i can buy the miles with the free extra miles. So what is the 11 days i have seen mentioned about

regards

km

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.