Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

When I booked flights just recently, I did it from two separate accounts without any problems. The agent did not even mention it. From my experience of the booking process it would be very easy to assume booking from two accounts was common practise.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Got a few questions if anybody can help please?
Can anybody tell me, if aeroplan are quoting 145,000miles return ea for bus class travel on the route I want can I assume this will be the same 'price' that US airways would charge? It sounds about right.

Plus thinking about doing the 50+50ea this time round then waiting to see if they do another promo and then one of us buy another 50 to cover the full price? Or do you think it is too risky to leave it that long and we may lose the availability? My route is Mel-BKK-FF-ABZ in May next year (but we can be pretty flexible on the dates) for two people and would need to get an infant ticket too.
Thanks in advance..
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:36 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Got a few questions if anybody can help please?
Can anybody tell me, if aeroplan are quoting 145,000miles return ea for bus class travel on the route I want can I assume this will be the same 'price' that US airways would charge? It sounds about right.

Plus thinking about doing the 50+50ea this time round then waiting to see if they do another promo and then one of us buy another 50 to cover the full price? Or do you think it is too risky to leave it that long and we may lose the availability? My route is Mel-BKK-FF-ABZ in May next year (but we can be pretty flexible on the dates) for two people and would need to get an infant ticket too.
Thanks in advance..
No. The US Dividend miles cost is as per their own charts for *A partners. South Pacific to Europe is 120,000. You are using Aeroplan to check availability only on the *A network, not using Aeroplan points which have a different value.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
No. The US Dividend miles cost is as per their own charts for *A partners. South Pacific to Europe is 120,000. You are using Aeroplan to check availability only on the *A network, not using Aeroplan points which have a different value.
Cool, thanks very much!
Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Cool, thanks very much!
It seems like getting the infant ticket is fraught with difficulty!

My friends who had the issue with the 2 accounts are also taking their 6 month old. They have been told so many different things but as I mentioned earlier they were also quoted $2064 for the infant ticket! That has now come down to $1280 but it really seems that the agents find this very difficult. It still doesn't seem to be sorted out for them, reservations are taking an age to ticket and I'm not sure the last person they spoke to has done things properly.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
It seems like getting the infant ticket is fraught with difficulty!

My friends who had the issue with the 2 accounts are also taking their 6 month old. They have been told so many different things but as I mentioned earlier they were also quoted $2064 for the infant ticket! That has now come down to $1280 but it really seems that the agents find this very difficult. It still doesn't seem to be sorted out for them, reservations are taking an age to ticket and I'm not sure the last person they spoke to has done things properly.
Oh bugger! Sounds like im going to be on the phone a fair bit then Thanks for the update - hopefully they will get it all sorted out. They are probably just trying to discourage people taking bubs in business class
Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

New Star Alliance fare finder app:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-...457852371?mt=8

This looks quite good and could be useful for route planning / ideas.

Before anyone asks, NO - it does not show frequent flyer seat availability!
Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

I've just had a baby, was hoping to get him his own US Airways Miles account so I can buy miles and take him back to meet his UK family next year. I have had a look on the US Airways site, can't see any restriction on age for membership, does anyone know if there is any reason I can't sign him up? (OK I haven't thought of a name for him yet, that might be a minor hurdle....)
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Europe help needed!

We've got some rellies coming over from Adelaide next year. Last time I looked availability on Thai SYD -> BKK -> LHR and back was wide open, now they've bought the miles, the LHR -> BKK flights have all but disappeared.

If they need to route via Europe (to BKK, it has to be Thai as they want to go first class), which airline and transfer airport would you use? I very much doubt they will wish to stop over, so the appeal of the city in question doesn't come into it.

Also there's no availability at all in the second half of May SYD -> BKK on TG478, yet TG476 is available every single day. Anybody know why?
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin
does anyone know if there is any reason I can't sign him up? (OK I haven't thought of a name for him yet, that might be a minor hurdle....)
As far as I know, babies can have their own accounts.

I see bcworld has not been around lately, though I think he might be on holiday - hope all is OK.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

There is only five days left of this latest offer..........

Last edited by keefymonster; Sep 10th 2011 at 12:02 pm. Reason: typo
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Europe help needed!

Originally Posted by louie
Also there's no availability at all in the second half of May SYD -> BKK on TG478, yet TG476 is available every single day. Anybody know why?
Answer: because TG478 is being replaced by TG472, which doesn't as yet appear in US Airways' system. Now I really don't know what to do, because that flight fits into our plans so much better than TG476, but I've no idea when (if at all) reward flights will be available and whether the other flights will still be available.....
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:40 am
Jo short

joshort will become famous soon enoughjoshort will become famous soon enough

Hello, Im sorry if this has been asked before but I just recently joined the up for the airmiles, I believe you have to be joined for 11 days before you can buy them so I think im just about to miss out on the special offer, can my friend who has been a memeber for a while and used it before book the flight for me, and also the question is im looking to go back to the UK on the 23rd Sept do you need to give plenty of notice (bearing me mind its only a ticket for me)

Thanks in advance

Jo
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Just stocked up again, got 200k miles now

Gonna be going hom ein style for a while!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

So about to hit "buy" for me and 3 kids but we either have a 19hr stopover in Seoul and have to go via sydney not brisbane

OR

I buy anyway and HOPE that the sept 2012 school hols have better flights when they become available or that the ones I am looking now at are still there when I find out sept doesn't work either.

decisions decisions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.