Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Basically No. A Round the World ticket will cost you 300,000 Dividend Miles, so it's very unlikely that you can do the same thing for 120,000!
As I understand it, a RTW ticket allows a number of stops, which a standard reward flight does not, which is why a RTW ticket is so much more. You might have been lucky, plenty have managed tickets via the Atlantic one way and the Pacific the other, though it might not be as easy as it used to be. As with all things US Airways, it could have been worth trying a few agents if you had got an itinerary that suited you sorted that way.

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
All booked. Was easier than I thought! Going first class for most of it, business for one leg. Waiting for the confirmation email so I can confirm the seats with Thai.

Thanks for your help all. Who would have thought i'm going home for xmas for about $2500 in first class.
Excellent news. You will love it. Thai all the way (bar LHR - FRA) or Lufthansa from FRA - BKK?

Keep checking for first class availability on the FRA - BKK leg. If it comes up you should be able to grab it. Might take a couple of calls for them to do it without charging a change fee and make sure they only change one leg, rather than cancelling your flights and then rebooking (as the reward flights might not reappear), but it should be possible eventually (if there is availability).

Let us know how you get on
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

All booked. Was easier than I thought! Going first class for most of it, business for one leg. Waiting for the confirmation email so I can confirm the seats with Thai.
You might be waiting a while! I booked seats in August for a Christmas trip and just got my email confirmation today
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I ever received a confirmation email.

I called Thai a couple of days after after I made the booking.
They had all the details in the system. I reserved seats with them excluding the Lufthansa flights which were the short hops.

And a word of warning!!!

Make sure your itinerary is as you booked it.
We ended up having to spend an extra 24 hrs in Munich because the admin person booked us on the wrong flight.
Well the same flight just 24hrs later than the one we wanted and we didn't know any difference because of the lack of paperwork. Fortunately for us we have UK passports so we at least we could go into town.

It was a bit of a shock and a lot of unexpected expense......

Just a heads up.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Almo
You might be waiting a while! I booked seats in August for a Christmas trip and just got my email confirmation today
Yeah I've still not received it.

However, I called up Thai airways with the booking ref US airways gave me and all was well. Luckily I had all the sweet seats I wanted already like 1A!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Hi everyone,
i have to get from Perth to Brisbane in the next few weeks.

I have some spare points and i thought..why not go business

now it doesnt seem possible to go direct.. but AirNZ goes from Perth to Auckland and then Auckland to Brisbane

yes.. i know.. a bit out of the way.. but i would rather be pampered in business class for 8 hrs.. and then fly backwards.for 3 hrs... than cattle for 5 hrs..!

Is this possible? can you fly beyond your destination? It is still within the same zone
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think Air NZ will feed you on the NZ Brissy part of your trip......

Check it out.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

How many miles are required for a trip to Asia? e.g. sydney to bangkok.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

90,000 business I think. Should say in the reward chart on the US site.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Is this possible? can you fly beyond your destination?
Not sure of the rules, but with most US agents grasp of world geography I'd say you have a good chance. I'd find the flights I want and feed them to the agent and see how you get on. Might take several calls until you succeed though, the call centre staff vary considerably in what they will permit.

It is still within the same zone
Yes

Originally Posted by Almo
90,000 business I think. Should say in the reward chart on the US site.
Which is here. 90,000 is correct, which IMO makes Europe much better value at 120,000.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by louie
Not sure of the rules, but with most US agents grasp of world geography I'd say you have a good chance. I'd find the flights I want and feed them to the agent and see how you get on. Might take several calls until you succeed though, the call centre staff vary considerably in what they will permit.
yeah.. i have had variable luck with the call centre staff before... i just tend to hang up and call back..!
Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Come on US Airways, put the offer on again. End of year coming up soon and air mile are pure profit!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Come on US Airways, put the offer on again. End of year coming up soon and air mile are pure profit!!
A new offer of 100% bonus is expected to be started at the new higher (ex bonus) price of 3.2c + 7.5% tax on 1 December, subject to a maximum bonus of 40,000 miles.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

A new offer of 100% bonus is expected to be started at the new higher (ex bonus) price of 3.2c + 7.5% tax on 1 December, subject to a maximum bonus of 40,000 miles.
What was the old price for comparison?

Does this mean the max will be 40k+40k?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Was 2.75c + tax. Max with a bonus, yes. You could buy more if you wanted to, but you'd still only get 40k bonus miles.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

saintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nice

Louie, is this based on anything more than hope?

I was about to buy a few more miles at the standard rate, but I'll hold off a couple of days if you're sure about a new offer coming out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.