Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Sep 28th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I always directly ring the operating airline to get the correct PRN/record locator no. for the itinerary and check online if everything is in order.
I'll definitely do that next time as you can't rely on US Airways to either get it right or, if they don't, to notify you of a problem.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from a great trip to Europe using my points. I've already got enough points for next years trip, but this time we need to go to eastern Canada to visit the in-laws. Does anyone know whether it's possible to go to Canada via Europe or must you always go across the Pacific (United) or via Asia (e.g. Seoul on Asiana)? I have a feeling this might break the rules as Europe requires 10K points more than North America.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:27 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

why would you take the long cut?
Old Sep 29th 2012, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

I would like to have a stopover in Europe.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Budawang
Just got back from a great trip to Europe using my points. I've already got enough points for next years trip, but this time we need to go to eastern Canada to visit the in-laws. Does anyone know whether it's possible to go to Canada via Europe or must you always go across the Pacific (United) or via Asia (e.g. Seoul on Asiana)? I have a feeling this might break the rules as Europe requires 10K points more than North America.
I have an award booking to Chicago via Europe booked for next year with a stopover in Frankfurt - I have just organised my own flights to LHR from FRA.

I guess I could have tried a stopover in LHR but the rules officially don't allow it.
(Star Alliance hub).

I paid 140k (F) so South Pacific to N America mileage . Plus it only took 10 minutes, I was very happy with my work when I had finished.

Plenty of options for you to get to the East coast from Europe with AC.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:37 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Can one ever tire of vintage champagne and caviar ?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robcuk
I have an award booking to Chicago via Europe booked for next year with a stopover in Frankfurt - I have just organised my own flights to LHR from FRA.

I guess I could have tried a stopover in LHR but the rules officially don't allow it.
(Star Alliance hub).

I paid 140k (F) so South Pacific to N America mileage . Plus it only took 10 minutes, I was very happy with my work when I had finished.

Plenty of options for you to get to the East coast from Europe with AC.
Thanks for the advice. That's great news - amazing deal.

It's a very long haul from Sydney to Montreal via Bangkok and Frankfurt in one trip - must be at least 30 hours. Definitely want lie-flat beds. Using AwardTravlr.com there's plenty of availability on Thai to Frankfurt, but getting availability from Frankfurt to Montreal only comes up on the Aeroplan website.

What availability tool did you use, or did you take your chances with one of the US Airways staff?

Tempted to go First Class with that mileage.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Budawang
Thanks for the advice. That's great news - amazing deal.

It's a very long haul from Sydney to Montreal via Bangkok and Frankfurt in one trip - must be at least 30 hours. Definitely want lie-flat beds. Using AwardTravlr.com there's plenty of availability on Thai to Frankfurt, but getting availability from Frankfurt to Montreal only comes up on the Aeroplan website.

What availability tool did you use, or did you take your chances with one of the US Airways staff?

Tempted to go First Class with that mileage.
I checked united.com, award and Aeroplan and they all showed first class open for every leg. Would love to try LH F but that's obviously not going to happen but UA F looks ok with me and I'm fine with seat 1a. The best part is by me travelling an extra few thousand miles to the states its costing me less than if i just flew to Europe !?!?!

I was hoping to visit Canada too and basically checked availability for the Eastern cities - Toronto & Ottowa had the best availability from FRA but dont forget AC does not have first.

Dealt with a superb agent originally, I then paid for the tickets 3 days later and a guy who's voice I recognised who had previously been a nightmare answered! Luckily all I had to do was pay for them, but its a fairly simple route so you should be fine, you just may have to be flexible on your dates when researching - I always have a plan B to hand if they turn down my original routes.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robcuk
Dealt with a superb agent originally, I then paid for the tickets 3 days later and a guy who's voice I recognised who had previously been a nightmare answered! Luckily all I had to do was pay for them, but its a fairly simple route so you should be fine, you just may have to be flexible on your dates when researching - I always have a plan B to hand if they turn down my original routes.
That's the thing with US Airways - their agents are either geographically challenged incompetents or they're very good. My experience is that the very good ones are in the minority though.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

There's a new offer on

Share miles and get a 100% bonus. This works out at (max) 50,000 miles for US$567.50 or 1.135c per mile. You need to have 50,000 (or however many you are sharing) in an account to start with though.

Given that a double miles buy promo works out at 1.88c per mile, this is a great deal. Offer ends 31 October.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

The 100% buy bonus is on as well!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:49 am
Banned

kmthor - mackay is an unknown quantity at this point

i got both offers
been a good year this year
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:34 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
The 100% buy bonus is on as well!!!
still?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

still?
Targeted I believe.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 11:12 am
Daffyd Duck

because last time i checked it's available only up to 30/9/12.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.