Brown Snake?

Old Oct 26th 2013, 4:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brown Snake?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
See this thread is being populated with comments from naive and uneducated people, the Eastern brown got it's name cos it's brown and lives opposite the western bit, whereas the King Brown only got its name after it's population reached plague proportions in the 70's. 'Eek, what's that???' 'Nothing, just another king brown snake' sharpen up folks and start posting some facts please
People are having a guess, and having a bit of fun with it - what's wrong with that? Mind your own business!
Old Oct 26th 2013, 5:40 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
People are having a guess, and having a bit of fun with it - what's wrong with that? Mind your own business!
It's a joke - read Steve's posts and you'll see sarcasm and irony is his thang
Old Oct 26th 2013, 6:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
It's a joke - read Steve's posts and you'll see sarcasm and irony is his thang
hee hee, sorry wife of thievingbastard, I is only havin a giggle. no offence meant
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

hee hee, sorry wife of thievingbastard, I is only havin a giggle. no offence meant
I love being the wife of a thievingbastard. I get all sorts of great stuff for free.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:42 am
Account Closed

I love being the wife of a thievingbastard. I get all sorts of great stuff for free.
hee hee, good on ya. Feel free to call me an arsehole when you want, I won't take offence.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:45 am
Concierge

hee hee, good on ya. Feel free to call me an arsehole when you want, I won't take offence.
Oh don't worry, I will.

Old Oct 26th 2013, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Oh don't worry, I will.

and of course it'll be totally unwarranted
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

It looks similar to the snake I found in my potting shed yesterday It was curled up on a shelf next to some brown plant pots and was well camouflaged. I disturbed it when I went in to get my gardening tools; I heard a noise and just caught sight of it slithering into its hiding spot. I managed to stay calm (no screaming!) but thought my heart was going to thump out of my chest. Having lost my dog 3 weeks ago to a Tiger Snake, I was not going to take any chances with myself or my other dog.

Thankfully my neighbour from over the road was in and he came and rescued me. His daughter is a registered reptile handler and her gear was at home - but he had never used it before and was pretty nervous! He dropped the snake into an empty chicken feed bin, put the lid on (tightly!) and drove with my son (who had rushed home from work) up the road to a nearby bush reserve where they released it. I thought at first it was a Dugite, but we think it may have been a juvenile Tiger Snake because of the faint bands and paler brownish-yellow underside.

The last time we saw a snake on our property was 9 years ago. Now we've had 2 in a month. Needless to say, I'm on tenterhooks every time I go out into the garden now. I have been far too complacent over the years. And don't believe anyone who says if you see bobtail/blue-tongue lizards you won't get snakes - rubbish, we get lots of bobtails.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:49 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Do people really believe if you see Blue Tongues you wont have snakes? Unbelievable.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by chris955
Do people really believe if you see Blue Tongues you wont have snakes? Unbelievable.
No one I know believes it, and I've been here all my life

Sorry to hear about your scare Jacqui, that must have been terrifying and even more so since you lost your other dog. Well done to you and your neighbor for releasing it into the bush
Old Oct 26th 2013, 9:38 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

completey off topic but - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0#post10962840
Old Oct 27th 2013, 11:07 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:27 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacqui
It looks similar to the snake I found in my potting shed yesterday It was curled up on a shelf next to some brown plant pots and was well camouflaged. I disturbed it when I went in to get my gardening tools; I heard a noise and just caught sight of it slithering into its hiding spot. I managed to stay calm (no screaming!) but thought my heart was going to thump out of my chest. Having lost my dog 3 weeks ago to a Tiger Snake, I was not going to take any chances with myself or my other dog.

Thankfully my neighbour from over the road was in and he came and rescued me. His daughter is a registered reptile handler and her gear was at home - but he had never used it before and was pretty nervous! He dropped the snake into an empty chicken feed bin, put the lid on (tightly!) and drove with my son (who had rushed home from work) up the road to a nearby bush reserve where they released it. I thought at first it was a Dugite, but we think it may have been a juvenile Tiger Snake because of the faint bands and paler brownish-yellow underside.

The last time we saw a snake on our property was 9 years ago. Now we've had 2 in a month. Needless to say, I'm on tenterhooks every time I go out into the garden now. I have been far too complacent over the years. And don't believe anyone who says if you see bobtail/blue-tongue lizards you won't get snakes - rubbish, we get lots of bobtails.

Maybe get one of these instead:

Electronic Snake Repeller

Probably better than relying on old wives tales about bobtails and blue tongues...

S
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:05 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Maybe get one of these instead:

Electronic Snake Repeller

Probably better than relying on old wives tales about bobtails and blue tongues...

S
There must be many better things that dont work that you could spend your money on
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chris955
There must be many better things that dont work that you could spend your money on
like scousers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.