Brown Snake?

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brown Snake?

This poor bugger was in the road this morning. Looking at my book of Australian wildlife, I reckon it's a King Brown?

It's about a metre long
Attached Thumbnails Brown Snake?-snake.jpg  
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brown Snake?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This poor bugger was in the road this morning. Looking at my book of Australian wildlife, I reckon it's a King Brown?

It's about a metre long
I'm no expert, but it looks like an eastern brown to me. Highly venomous so lucky it was on the road and not in your car Poor thing, it's well and truly squished
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say, but i dont think it is a king brown (mulga snake). Looks more like a dugite (brown snake) where was it as mulga are not really found everywhere.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:45 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

It's about a metre long
it's not a King Brown. They are a lot fatter than that. The King Brown is in fact part of the black snake family and they tend to have flatter and fatter bodies and not much of a neck on them. That does look like an Eastern Brown, but it is on its back and makes it difficult to tell
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Still it's going to be one of the top 5 Venomous snakes in the world, no matter which version of a Brown snake it is LOL.

My wife goes after them, which is very disconcerting for me. At our Caravan site we had at Nagambie on the Goulburn, a Tiger snake swam across the river to the long grass on the river bank about 20 meters from the back door of our annexe. 10 minutes later, the wife was out there with some shears and a shovel, saying they wont f...ing well hide here again, she reckons she was protecting our then two kids under 6.....It's times like that that I fully realise there are generations of Bush Aus in my missus.

I've got some growing up in the bush stories that would make most UK migrants head spin if you want ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 23rd 2013 at 5:05 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:18 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

they tell me out here that the number one reason for a snake bite is someone trying to catch a snake they've seen....
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:20 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Still it's going to be one of the top 5 Venomous snakes in the world, no matter which version of a Brown snake it is LOL.

My wife goes after them, which is very disconcerting for me. At our Caravan site we had at Nagambie on the Goulburn, a Tiger snake swam across the river to the long grass on the river bank about 20 meters from the back door of our annexe. 10 minutes later, the wife was out there with some shears and a shovel, saying they wont f...ing well hide here again, she reckons she was protecting our then two kids under 6.....It's times like that that I fully realise there are generations of Bush Aus in my missus.

I've got some growing up in the bush stories that would make most UK migrants head spin if you want ?
your wife sounds like Badge's wife
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
your wife sounds like Badge's wife
Plenty of Aussie Bush Chicks are like this.

What do you expect when you grow up on a outback sheep station with 5 brothers as your main influence.... Like the times they used to get "Shags" wild birds that is, and make her put her hand down their throats to get the fish out..... dozens and dozens of stories like that. Then there's the sheep marrow...

I'll stop now though
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:52 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DML
they tell me out here that the number one reason for a snake bite is someone trying to catch a snake they've seen....
Yes that is absolutely correct and serves them right. They are all protected species and arent allowed to be touched or harmed. The trouble is there are so many loopholes in the law none of the heroes ever get prosecuted.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a dugite.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

A tiger snake
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

A one-eyed trouser snake.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost definitely a King Brown. Not an Eastern Brown, the clue is in the name
Dugites have a spotted ventral surface. Definitely not a Tiger.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:49 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Its a squashed snake

Some snakes can bite for a period of time even after being decapitated

http://www.theguardian.com/world/vid...s-itself-video
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm no expert, but it looks like an eastern brown to me. Highly venomous so lucky it was on the road and not in your car Poor thing, it's well and truly squished
According to my book we don't get the Eastern Brown in WA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.