Reload this Page >

British owned construction companies in Australia

British owned construction companies in Australia

Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Dones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British owned construction companies in Australia

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well lots of people have. What specifically are you looking for advice on? Visas? Skills assessment? Cost of living?
Just if I was able to emigrate with my job role as a construction site manager and if it wasn't on the SOL what are my other options
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:58 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

If it's not on SOL or CSOL and you don't have an australian partner then the only option is another profession as you can't be sponsored without an occupation on the list unfortunately. Sorry but them are the facts.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teza
If it's not on SOL or CSOL and you don't have an australian partner then the only option is another profession as you can't be sponsored without an occupation on the list unfortunately. Sorry but them are the facts.
OK thankyou for the advice, I have looked into the SOL and my profession is very close and simular to a couple on the list would I be able to then use the occupation on the list thankyou
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:21 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at CSOL?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teza
Have you looked at CSOL?
Yes there are very similar positions that say everything I do but the title is different so I'm not sure if it's just titled different to the UK
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dones
Yes there are very similar positions that say everything I do but the title is different so I'm not sure if it's just titled different to the UK
If the roles and responsibilities match what you do than you should be okay.

Lots of companies have different names for the same position - electrician, maintenance technician, reliability engineer, etc can all be the same job for example - so match what you do with an occupation code, then check that you can meet the requirements of the skills assessment for that occupation. The assessing body is usually listed next to the occupation in the SOL/CSOL.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

Lots of companies have different names for the same position - electrician, maintenance technician, reliability engineer, etc can all be the same job for example - so match what you do with an occupation code, then check that you can meet the requirements of the skills assessment for that occupation. The assessing body is usually listed next to the occupation in the SOL/CSOL.
OK thankyou very much yes some of the roles are very similar and I do them on a day to day basis so it might be OK just need to make contacts now with companies that would offer me work
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

I agree. You couldn't put a name on some of the roles we hire 457's for. They are just very weird and bespoke roles mixing a wide range of skills.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz
I agree. You couldn't put a name on some of the roles we hire 457's for. They are just very weird and bespoke roles mixing a wide range of skills.
Thankyou very much for your help I know construction may not be your area but do you have any advise on what areas of Australia may be easier to find work thanks
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou very much for your help I know construction may not be your area but do you have any advise on what areas of Australia may be easier to find work thanks
Are you constructing infrastructure, buildings, plants, etc?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Are you constructing infrastructure, buildings, plants, etc?
I have worked in shopfitting for many years, but now I am a site manager for persimmon homes one of the biggest and leading house builders in the UK
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have worked in shopfitting for many years, but now I am a site manager for persimmon homes one of the biggest and leading house builders in the UK
Buildings. Sydney is building. I know that much.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Buildings. Sydney is building. I know that much.
Thankyou I will research there then I suppose house building may be fairly big there as well thanks
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:40 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

id research more towards if you can qualify for visa as without it everything is a moot point unfortunately
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The visa system in Australia does not work that way. You cannot just pick an occupation based on ease of finding work in it, you need to get into a visa based upon YOUR occupation.

I referred you to a website earlier in which you could check occupation descriptions. Have y exhausted that and ruled yourself out now? Must say I am surprised that somebody in construction would not fit into an occupation code, but this isn't my field so I am no expert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.