Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British owned construction companies in Australia

British owned construction companies in Australia

Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British owned construction companies in Australia

Originally Posted by Dones
Thankyou I am going to look into the visa definitely this year I am going to a expo in Manchester in October so hopefully I can get the advice I need of them as I'm a bit unsure of the types of visa thankyou
Oh no don't leave it until October if you want a visa before your trip next year (unless you are thinking of going at the end of the year of course!). We are only in February..

Expos are compeltely useless and you will not get much help on visas there, at best you can expect to pick up a few business cards from migration agents, you don't need to go to an expo to speak to an agent anyway. Mainly the expos are a forum for people in the business of selling services to people moving overseas, banks, pet shippers, removal comaonies etc.

And I and many others on BE can tell you what visa you want. The best visa is the 189. Failing that try a 190, which is the same visa but you have to secure sponsorship from one of the state governments for this one, so an extra step in the process. Finally there is the 489 visa, but only consider this as a last resort because it restricts where you can live and work. Have a read about the visas on the website below.

Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 18th 2016 at 7:25 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Dones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Oh no don't leave it until October if you want a visa before your trip next year (unless you are thinking of going at the end of the year of course!). We are only in February..

Expos are compeltely useless and you will not get much help on visas there, at best you can expect to pick up a few business cards from migration agents, you don't need to go to an expo to speak to an agent anyway. Mainly the expos are a forum for people in the business of selling services to people moving overseas, banks, pet shippers, removal comaonies etc.

And I and many others on BE can tell you what visa you want. The best visa is the 189. Failing that try a 190, which is the same visa but you have to secure sponsorship from one of the state governments for this one, so an extra step in the process. Finally there is the 489 visa, but only consider this as a last resort because it restricts where you can live and work.
OK thankyou very much I will look into it now and thankyou for the link I plan on visiting next year around October hopefully so I hope I can secure a visa for then thanks

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 18th 2016 at 7:26 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

OK thankyou very much I will look into it now and thankyou for the link I plan on visiting next year around October hopefully so I hope I can secure a visa for then thanks
Well in that case you possibly could wait until this October before you do anything. But still I don't think you will find the expo as useful as you might think. Lots of us (including me) have been to one and most report back that it was not worth the effort.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 18th 2016 at 7:26 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 18th 2016, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

Well in that case you possibly could wait until this October before you do anything. But still I don't think you will find the expo as useful as you might think. Lots of us (including me) have been to one and most report back that it was not worth the effort.
OK thankyou I will keep that in mind and probably not bother with the expo thanks

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 18th 2016 at 7:27 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Dave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dones, keep plugging away mate. If you want to make it happen you will find a way.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave1892
Hi Dones, keep plugging away mate. If you want to make it happen you will find a way.
Cheers dave I suppose just hard making the contacts
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Rebekka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can anyone advise me if there are any construction companies in Australia that are British owned or have a few British workers as I am looking for firms I can contact to find work next year if I can find employment thanks

My husband works as site manager for a company in Brisbane, they are a new company, and I noticed when I looked on their website that there is an option to send resume etc. he got the job by contacting someone in the company who was English, long story how it all happened, however he loves it and it is the best job he's ever had. He works in fit out which he hadn't really had experience in before, this is also the first time he's done the site management role. He's found everyone really supportive and his colleagues can't do enough to help him. Your welcome to msg me if you want any specific info, good luck
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Redmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi rebekka

I'd like some more info if you wouldn't mind msg'ing Me, your husbands situation sounds very similar to mine, I'm currently in the uk and wanted to know a few things

Hope to hear from you

Mark