Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British owned construction companies in Australia

British owned construction companies in Australia

Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British owned construction companies in Australia

Hi can anyone advise me if there are any construction companies in Australia that are British owned or have a few British workers as I am looking for firms I can contact to find work next year if I can find employment thanks
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British owned construction companies in Australia

Originally Posted by Dones
Hi can anyone advise me if there are any construction companies in Australia that are British owned or have a few British workers as I am looking for firms I can contact to find work next year if I can find employment thanks
Most Australian firms employ British workers as well as other nationalities, but even if they don't yet, no reason why you can't apply to them as well
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

British owned don't necessarily employ Brits. Likewise Aussie owned and foreign owned don't necessarily employ Australians.

What's your angle?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Most Australian firms employ British workers as well as other nationalities, but even if they don't yet, no reason why you can't apply to them as well
Thankyou for the info
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz
British owned don't necessarily employ Brits. Likewise Aussie owned and foreign owned don't necessarily employ Australians.

What's your angle?
Thanks none really I was just trying to see if I could make any contacts maybe through LinkedIn so I could speak to someone in the same position as me thankyou
Old Feb 15th 2016, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks none really I was just trying to see if I could make any contacts maybe through LinkedIn so I could speak to someone in the same position as me thankyou
Plenty of Brits working in all sorts of construction companies. Unless you look deep its hard to tell where the companies hail from.

For example, Multiplex was once an Australian company but got acquired by a Canadian company and are responsible for projects all over the world. For example - Wembley Stadium.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise that if you live in Australia you're going to have to actually interact with (gasp!) Australians. Maybe even work with - or for - them.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz
Plenty of Brits working in all sorts of construction companies. Unless you look deep its hard to tell where the companies hail from.

For example, Multiplex was once an Australian company but got acquired by a Canadian company and are responsible for projects all over the world. For example - Wembley Stadium.
Thankyou for the info that's great
Old Feb 16th 2016, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You do realise that if you live in Australia you're going to have to actually interact with (gasp!) Australians. Maybe even work with - or for - them.
Yes of course that wasn't what I was getting at, I was just wanting advice of somebody who had made the move into construction from UK to Australia so I could speak with someone who had been in my position
Old Feb 16th 2016, 7:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course that wasn't what I was getting at, I was just wanting advice of somebody who had made the move into construction from UK to Australia so I could speak with someone who had been in my position
Well lots of people have. What specifically are you looking for advice on? Visas? Skills assessment? Cost of living?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course others have, this is an expats / migrants website. . People have moved over from all kinds of different occupations.

You will find you get best comments if you can be more specific about what you are looking for help with. A lot of people will just ignore the "has anyone moved over" type of question as just do not know what you are looking for.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Well lots of people have. What specifically are you looking for advice on? Visas? Skills assessment? Cost of living?
I'm a construction site manager in the UK and I can't seen to find this on the SOL list, just wondering if it is called something different in Australia and if it isn't and I'm not on the list is there anyway I can get a job there as I don't own my own house or have savings but I want to emigrate with my wife and kids thankyou
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No not cost of living ....... please
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a construction site manager in the UK and I can't seen to find this on the SOL list, just wondering if it is called something different in Australia and if it isn't and I'm not on the list is there anyway I can get a job there as I don't own my own house or have savings but I want to emigrate with my wife and kids thankyou
Have you checked both lists, there is the SOL and the CSOL.

You should find occupations that might be similar to your occupation and then read about them to see if the contents is similar. Are Construction Project Manager and Project Builder both completely different to Construction Site Manager? I found those pretty quickly by looking up some key words.

Try www.anzscosearch.com to look for occupations and it provides brief descriptions.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Have you checked both lists, there is the SOL and the CSOL.

You should find occupations that might be similar to your occupation and then read about them to see if the contents is similar. Are Construction Project Manager and Project Builder both completely different to Construction Site Manager? I found those pretty quickly by looking up some key words.

Try www.anzscosearch.com to look for occupations and it provides brief descriptions.
Thankyou very much for the info I found project manager and project builder straight away myself but I'm sure they are different, but I will have another look or research into it more thankyou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.