Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by Grayling
More nonsense
I assume you have seen my earlier replies.... and that 40% of a poll want sharia law now. Argue about statistics and batch sample representation as much as you will. In 1938 they ignored the warnings about Hitler. People were jumping up shouting...Utter nonsence....more nonsence and such..and what happened.
I put out my views, not a cryptic dismissal .
I remember last time you came back to a post of mine in you one liner manner..you had need to follow it with an excuse that you had had a bad days or something...guess its the same now.
But I will be pleased for you to correct my history and give me the facts as you see them.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:55 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

You are simply having a 'little Englander' rant.

That or you are paranoid.
I despair, you obviously have not followed the thread and seek your jollies with cryptic comments. Why I bet you used to heckle the acts in the music halls......
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
I despair, you obviously have not followed the thread and seek your jollies with cryptic comments. Why I bet you used to heckle the acts in the music halls......
...and you sound like something from a music hall....or a warm up act for a tory party conference.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

...and you sound like something from a music hall....or a warm up act for a tory party conference.
I also find your views on immigration distasteful but expected
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I assume you have seen my earlier replies.... and that 40% of a poll want sharia law now. Argue about statistics and batch sample representation as much as you will. In 1938 they ignored the warnings about Hitler.
So with Muslims being 3% of the population then 40% of 3% is about 1% of the whole UK population. Whoopee! I can really see that we are under threat even though 99% of the population would not support Sharia law.

I think Grayling is right, you have got a tad bit worked up about this one.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
So with Muslims being 3% of the population then 40% of 3% is about 1% of the whole UK population. Whoopee! I can really see that we are under threat even though 99% of the population would not support Sharia law.

I think Grayling is right, you have got a tad bit worked up about this one.
I dont think so really, in the flow of the thread, which as they all do ..moved about a bit. I mentioned at one point that I hold an opinion - which I am entitled to have, that due to the changes in the population of the UK and a known exedus of brits..which this forum is all about..the political swing will change. As a comment on FACT..I mentioned that there are MPs who are Pakistani ( this is not a complaint, a racist objection..its a simple fact)
I recalled that TV report comented on a poll about Sharia law and the pool showed a 40% vote for sharia law within their communities This is not me having a tory rant its a reported fact. You can play with figures as much as you like..if the 40% is representational it becomes propotional when extended nationwide.
I hold an opinion that having seen area's of the UK populated by so called ethnic minorities ie Bradford in Yorkshire, logically within a period of 50 years there will be sharia law. Ok if I am wrong or misguided fair enough.
My comments about Hitler etc,. are like it or not historic fact. Warning signs were ignored about the arms build up and nothing was done when Germans planes bombed parts of Spain. I used this example to show that at that time in history nobody could conceive that such a thing could happen. It did and in a lot less than 50 years.

Now while you banter your percentages, what have you factored in for the changes that WILL take place as the years pass....none you are using todays figures. So in truth they are valid only for the present. may I suggest, in a polite none confrontation way, run a check on how many enter the UK and how many leave. Race and cread is not an interest its the numbers.
Again, I recall a TV report that announced for the first time more brits were leaving the UK than there were immigrants from all countries.

So finally, my comments were my opinions, not a racist or tory comment, based on the information.

In a similar vein, I have an opinion that Chelsea will not be the force it is now in 5 years. Am I to be attacked for this opinion which is based on past knowledge of top teams ie Man United , Spurs ( top team in the sixties) West Ham etc,. When Chelsea's owner gets another whim and fed up of having to pay top bat for any player year after year..he may just well pack it in!
Its not opinion that cause problems, its people who obect, - having not understood or followed the whole flow, - to those opinions being voiced.
As for this:-
I think Grayling is right, you have got a tad bit worked up about this one
No I dont get worked up by people who come in with one liners of few words. It usually indicates that they reply to one post without having read -or not understood the flow; And me and Grayling have had words in the past....
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I hold an opinion that having seen area's of the UK populated by so called ethnic minorities ie Bradford in Yorkshire, logically within a period of 50 years there will be sharia law.

And having lived in the middle of it for 34 years, sadly I think you could well be right.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
And having lived in the middle of it for 34 years, sadly I think you could well be right.
Thanks for that Wendy....some dont seem to understand that people are free to form opinions....without being a member of the National front or the Klu Klux Klan.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

It won't be just Bradford either.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Wendy....some dont seem to understand that people are free to form opinions....without being a member of the National front or the Klu Klux Klan.

Yeah, I get that feeling too.

I had lots of muslim friends in Bradford. Some of them don't like the way things are going there and are concerned about things that are happening, are they racist too?
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:51 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

This started out about Sudanese refugees didn't it?

I have a Sudanese family living up the street from me. The parents both work, the eldest 2 children are in Uni and the others are in local primary/high schools. They are friendly, polite people who wouldn't walk past you without a cheery g'day. Are they criminals, i have no idea but then i have no idea if my pom neighbours are either.

They cause me no trouble nor i them. i do know a little of their background and know that they are lucky to be alive and consider themselves extremely lucky to have the oppertunity to live and work here.

As for those who have such derogatory remarks to make about immigrants living the world over, i am amazed, most people using this forum are either already migrants or here because they want to be one, yet seem to think they are better than non british migrants. Maybe it's time to stop and take a long hard look at yourselves.

Lynn
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by movetoperth
This started out about Sudanese refugees didn't it?

I have a Sudanese family living up the street from me. The parents both work, the eldest 2 children are in Uni and the others are in local primary/high schools. They are friendly, polite people who wouldn't walk past you without a cheery g'day. Are they criminals, i have no idea but then i have no idea if my pom neighbours are either.

They cause me no trouble nor i them. i do know a little of their background and know that they are lucky to be alive and consider themselves extremely lucky to have the oppertunity to live and work here.

As for those who have such derogatory remarks to make about immigrants living the world over, i am amazed, most people using this forum are either already migrants or here because they want to be one, yet seem to think they are better than non british migrants. Maybe it's time to stop and take a long hard look at yourselves.

Lynn
As far as I am concerned, I assume you have read the thread from the start and are aware that it started because Tamworth refused to accept more refugee's. Other's have come on citing similar problems, including knife fights between Aficans and aborginals in Perth. However it is nice to hear that not all Sudanese are as described by the worthies of Tamworth.

I am not aware that I or others have made specific derogotory remarks bout any immigrants in any country, and I certainly do not "stand up" for the brits. I have alrady written this:-

I intend, eventually, to settle in Australia. When I do I expect to abide by the laws and conventions of the country. I do not expect my new community to change their beliefs, attitudes or opinions to match mine. Nor do I expect them to understand that an egg and bacon pie would seem credible ( but likely inedible)to the average English Hollands pie lover. Nor do I expect them to stop putting tomato sauce all over the top of any pie.
I expect to be classed as a bloody pom and dont care.
If possible I will have a flagpole with the aussie flag on it and make every effort to call Oz "home".

I have little time for a guy or guyess..who having been in Oz for 20 years talks about going "home" for an holiday.

Same applies to those who enter the UK or any other country. If you want to be there... take it on with its laws and all that goes with it, you stick to your heritage and let me do the same I go to church, you attend your mosque, I will respect your holy days..you respect mine.

If the bad guys as reported in Tamworth could say the same...we would not be here discussing it. This is not a new problem, we have just passed the anniversary of the cronulla beach riots. I am sure that not all Lebanese would support the "protestors".
All nations have good and bad, its the bad guys who get the mentions while guys like your neighbour just get on with wanting their life to work out.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:19 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

... As a comment on FACT..I mentioned that there are MPs who are Pakistani ( this is not a complaint, a racist objection..its a simple fact)...
I assume these would be in the Pakistan parliament? I am pretty sure you would have to be British to be an MP in the UK parliament. Or were you meaning there are MPs of Pakistani descent? In which case it sounds like racism to me.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DagBoy
I am pretty sure you would have to be British to be an MP in the UK parliament. Or were you meaning there are MPs of Pakistani descent? In which case it sounds like racism to me.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Grow up...
How can stating the obvious..ie MPs who are Pakistani, be racist.

Cliff Richard aka Harry Webb and Spike Milligan were both born in India, if I say I know pop stars or comedians who are Indian ( they are or were..) is that racist.
Its people like you who jump at the slightest hint shouting about racists that make matters worse.

Its obvious without stating so that they have taken British citizenship, so have millions of poms who still regard England as "Home".
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Vinny van Gogh]

I am not aware that I or others have made specific derogotory remarks bout any immigrants in any country, and I certainly do not "stand up" for the brits. I have alrady written this:-

If QUOTE]

You were the person who threw this thread off track, with the 'piece' about Uk becoming a muslim nation and complaints about many races including Pakistani MP's among others. That piece came right after 2 people told you you were wrong about where the australian sudanese come from, why not just admit you were wrong.

Now your on about fights between aboriginals and africans, why do you keep mentioning them but not the fights between poms and aussies.

Why mention the lebanese in the riots, why not mention the aussies in the riots.

You keep saying accept the new country and all that comes with it, shouldnt that apply to you as well, australia comes with migrants from 237 countries, it comes with many refugees, it comes with chinese mayors, aboriginal council members, italian politicians, lebanese lawyers, indian doctors, sudanese shop workers etc etc etc your moving to australia you need to take your own advice and accept that.

If you want to do UK's going to be a muslim nation thread why not do your own thread, see if anones interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.