Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:19 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
England banned the St George Flag being displyed, the red cross on white was the flag of the crusaders! Banned in primary schools, -nativity concerts in case it offends the muslims!
Almost without exception these stories about England flags or Christmas baing "banned" turn out on closer inspection to be deliberate distortions or outright fabrications by the tabloids.

Example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmas2...967367,00.html

Edit: try this

Last edited by elfman; Dec 18th 2006 at 1:24 am.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elfman
Get a grip.
Anyone who actually believes this needs their head examining.
Too each is own...but in Bradford Yorkshire just 5 weeks ago an opinion poll by one of the newspapers found that 65% of muslims wanted sharia law to apply within "their" community NOW.

I suggest you do some checking and then come back after reading and digesting my post again.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:21 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Too each is own...but in Bradford Yorkshire just 5 weeks ago an opinion poll by one of the newspapers found that 65% of muslims wanted sharia law to apply within "their" community NOW.

I suggest you do some checking and then come back after reading and digesting my post again.
Can you provide a link to that poll so I can "read and digest"?
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:22 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Almost without exception these stories about England flags or Christmas baing "banned" turn out on closer inspection to be deliberate distortions or outright fabrications by the tabloids.

Example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmas...1967367,00.html

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk..._and_whine.html
None of you links work for me......but try finding the newspaper poll I mentioned, which is obviously a fabrication and never spoke to any muslims.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Can you provide a link to that poll so I can "read and digest"?
I found this and a lot more on Google...
http://www.ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/146
and this
http://donsingleton.blogspot.com/200...lims-want.html
and this
http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2006/02...lims-want.html

i suppose they links work if you copy and paste them.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmas2...967367,00.html

Edit: try this
Ah well may has well sort you out with the flag stuff.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...oss/index.html

and this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/5038770.stm

and this
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/011649.php

and you can find more on google..
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:43 am
A lion in your lap

I found this and a lot more on Google...
http://www.ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/146
and this
http://donsingleton.blogspot.com/200...lims-want.html
and this
http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2006/02...lims-want.html

i suppose they links work if you copy and paste them.
So this survey of 500 muslims actually found 40% who would support the introduction of sharia law in predominantly muslim areas. (by the way muslims account for less than 3% of the UK population).
From your first link:
Muslims supported “there being areas in Britain which are pre-dominately Muslim and in which sharia law is introduced”. Since Western perceptions of sharia law tend to focus upon stoning adulterers, executing apostates and amputating the limbs of thieves reporting has tended to react with some horror. It’s worth remembering though that respondents could be thinking of a far more limited use of sharia law - until this month, for example, Ontario in Canada allowed the use of sharia law in civil disputes on things such as divorce, contract law and so on. I suspect respondents to ICM’s survey were more likely to have been thinking of Muslim communities in the UK deciding cases of family and inheritance law on the basis of sharia, as opposed to stonings and beheadings in Brick Lane - though from the wording of the question it is impossible to tell.

Sounds to me like the survey could have been worded to so produce a result that would alarm those who know little about what sharia law is and how it is applied.

Some of the other stats from the actual survey are quite illuminating:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/grap...aria119big.jpg

80% think "western society may not perfect but muslims should live within it and not seek to bring it to an end"
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:00 am
Account Closed

So this survey of 500 muslims actually found 40% who would support the introduction of sharia law in predominantly muslim areas. (by the way muslims account for less than 3% of the UK population).
From your first link:
Muslims supported “there being areas in Britain which are pre-dominately Muslim and in which sharia law is introduced”. Since Western perceptions of sharia law tend to focus upon stoning adulterers, executing apostates and amputating the limbs of thieves reporting has tended to react with some horror. It’s worth remembering though that respondents could be thinking of a far more limited use of sharia law - until this month, for example, Ontario in Canada allowed the use of sharia law in civil disputes on things such as divorce, contract law and so on. I suspect respondents to ICM’s survey were more likely to have been thinking of Muslim communities in the UK deciding cases of family and inheritance law on the basis of sharia, as opposed to stonings and beheadings in Brick Lane - though from the wording of the question it is impossible to tell.

Sounds to me like the survey could have been worded to so produce a result that would alarm those who know little about what sharia law is and how it is applied.

Some of the other stats from the actual survey are quite illuminating:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/grap...aria119big.jpg

80% think "western society may not perfect but muslims should live within it and not seek to bring it to an end"
I see no value in pursueing this, I voiced my opinions - which you challenged -I gave you the links to qualify and validate my comments.

If you have issues with the internet information, take them up with the originators of the blogs and internet article authors, not me.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure this would strike a chord with many, including Vinnie! It would also apply to genuine radical terroists though, not the majority of Muslims.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Malthus believed this would put limits on growth - however this was disproved by the Industrial Revolution.
The Industrial Revolution has caused hundreds of problems too of course - it hasn't just increased personal wealth or standards of living for a minority of the world. We're so used to capitalist benefits that maybe it was in our interest to stay in a feudal society genuflecting and tugging our forelocks.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm sure this would strike a chord with many, including Vinnie! It would also apply to genuine radical terroists though, not the majority of Muslims.
I intend, eventually, to settle in Australia. When I do I expect to abide by the laws and conventions of the country. I do not expect my new community to change their beliefs, attitudes or opinions to match mine. Nor do I expect them to understand that an egg and bacon pie would seem credible ( but likely inedible)to the average English Hollands pie lover. Nor do I expect them to stop putting tomato sauce all over the top of any pie.
I expect to be classed as a bloody pom and dont care.
If possible I will have a flagpole with the aussie flag on it and make every effort to call Oz "home".

I have little time for a guy or guyess..who having been in Oz for 20 years talks about going "home" for an holiday.

Same applies to those who enter the UK or any other country. If you want to be there... take it on with its laws and all that goes with it, you stick to your heritage and let me do the same I go to church, you attend your mosque, I will respect your holy days..you respect mine.

I dont think that is too much for either party to contend with.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:35 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So what do we do...typically British, we ignore the signs and join up with two nations who for the last 400 years have done everything thing they could to defeat the British.
Hysterical nonsense
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

England will by then be a muslim controlled country under sharia law.
More nonsense
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hysterical nonsense
No historical facts...
I suppose France never gave shelter to Rob Roy McGregor to protect him from the English, along with a mutitude of miscreants and failed plotters of coup attempts, never sent out ships to attack the British Fleet....Napoleon Bonybits and the Battle of Eygypt never happened. AND Germany between 1914 and 1918 only bobarded half of Europe and my grandad to save the french farmers ploughing the fields. Not content with that they had another go in 1939. Bypass the next 5 years and look up when it was that Germany and France entered into an agreement of sharing steel production. for the reasons stated in my post and which is an accepted historic fact.
The only thing thing I find hysterical..are posts from those old enough to know better
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:49 am
Bitter and twisted

You are simply having a 'little Englander' rant.

That or you are paranoid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.