Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by northernbird
I know Matt the butcher who was featured early on visiting Perth. He said they filmed 10 hours of footage condensed into 45 mins. Easy to come across in a bad light I think with all that editing.
Yes i enjoyed Matts show , he seemed to have researched somewhat & therefore prepared . The Butcher he met up with also seemed to be a great guy & very passoinate about his job . ideal .

I think from yesterdays show anyone could see what she wanted , even her dispairing oh !

i do enjoy most shows & yes the editing can turn things around . i have spoken about this before in this very thread .
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:13 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
Stay with me guy's i'm test running as we speak. If all goes well you will be able to access my pc and get the shows you want.
NOW FOR YOUR INPUT!
Shall i convert these files into Divx to make them smaller files? down side is they wont play on most standalone DVD players. As it stand's each show is about 3GB in size which will take about 16hours to download each show even with broadband.
Let me know what you think.
DIVX would be great for me, not sure about everyone else though. I don't really care if I get to watch in on DVD, I would more than happy to just see it on the computer.

Plus... I have high speed but I know it would still take forever to download at that size.

Great idea, that sounds like it could work ok.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
Stay with me guy's i'm test running as we speak. If all goes well you will be able to access my pc and get the shows you want.
NOW FOR YOUR INPUT!
Shall i convert these files into Divx to make them smaller files? down side is they wont play on most standalone DVD players. As it stand's each show is about 3GB in size which will take about 16hours to download each show even with broadband.
Let me know what you think.
No probs with dvx format its a smaller file to download and it can be converted easly to dvd format.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

midlippy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im new to the site but have been reading all the emails on "wanted down under" a friend of mine is seriously considering moving to austrailia with her family and would love to apply to the show. Can anyone help with how to do this?
Cheers
Midlippy
Cumbria
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:35 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midlippy
hi im new to the site but have been reading all the emails on "wanted down under" a friend of mine is seriously considering moving to austrailia with her family and would love to apply to the show. Can anyone help with how to do this?
Cheers
Midlippy
Cumbria
this show was filmed last august think it was only the one series so doubt they will be looking for anyone
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

midlippy is an unknown quantity at this point

lesley hunter79
It was worth a try! Thanks anyway
midlippy
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:45 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midlippy
lesley hunter79
It was worth a try! Thanks anyway
midlippy
your welcome like you said no harm in asking eh
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

KatieD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Yes i enjoyed Matts show , he seemed to have researched somewhat & therefore prepared . The Butcher he met up with also seemed to be a great guy & very passoinate about his job . ideal .

I think from yesterdays show anyone could see what she wanted , even her dispairing oh !

i do enjoy most shows & yes the editing can turn things around . i have spoken about this before in this very thread .
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and like some of you have been watching WDU. I thought Matt the Butcher's show was one of the better ones and I wish him and his family all the best with the move. As for yesterday's family, I can't understand why they were considering relocating to Adelaide or anywhere else. The husband and wife didn't seem to get on all that well and I think with the stresses that would come inevitably from such a big move, they ought to reconsider why they want to go.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

lebones is on a distinguished road

Hi All.
after watching WDU today it made me wonder why people who are thinking of moving out there say things like, " i dont know about the kids and the heat" , if you worry about kids and the heat , dont go to Australia.
Its brainwashed into kids over there about ,Slip ,Slop,Slap,Slip on a shirt,slop on some sun creme and slap on a hat.And as for the car being to hot to get into, think themselves lucky that cars have cloth seats nowadays not the old vynil that they used to have.
You soon get wise about parking your car when its hot.

I also think the spider , snake issue is a bit OTT, in my 23 years out there , mainly up country, i think i saw about 2 redbacks and about 6/8 snakes.

i hope all of you that are making the move, all the best . You wont regret it.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Red face Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Clippies
Well no wonder she struggled!

!?** !!!!** - I guess spell check cannot tell you you've used the wrong word! Doh!

Bruce.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Clelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really nice

Hi all, well Friday looms and my trailblaze to Perth commences - one problem though - does anyone know where the 6 Nations Rugby will be showing on Saturday night? Will it be on terrestrial TV and if so what station?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lebones;4375093].

after watching WDU today it made me wonder why people who are thinking of moving out there say things like, " i dont know about the kids and the heat" , if you worry about kids and the heat , dont go to Australia.
Its brainwashed into kids over there about ,Slip ,Slop,Slap,Slip on a shirt,slop on some sun creme and slap on a hat.
QUOTE]

We twigged in the first week the show was obviously not filmed in summer filming in august would have ruled out seeing the more realistic sides to aussie weather, things like 35/40+c days:, smog from bushfires, parched brown countryside from constant heat and drought, fly plagues, torrential rain, and the wet windy weather some states get in winter. I would love to see Nadia selling cairns in a cyclone, or adelaide in the burnt off hills in summer, go baby

Anyone finding august hot! would be in for a bit of a shock in summer .
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
I know Matt the butcher who was featured early on visiting Perth. He said they filmed 10 hours of footage condensed into 45 mins. Easy to come across in a bad light I think with all that editing.
As far as I can see they must trawl through the 10 hours and try and find the most negative stuff they can and then make it into a "drama" so we'll all sit at home on the edge of our seats and think, "will they/won't they" go to Australia, and of course we have to have the obligatory 10 - 15 minutes of Nadia laughing and being jolly. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Of course, I am still recording it and watching it every day. I can't help myself.

Dolly
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone here been watching "Nothing to Declare" on LivingTV 2 on Sky Thursday at 9pm. Its about Australian Customs/Border Control and the things that people try and smuggle into the country. Thankfully Nadia Sawahla was not asked to present this one

Dolly
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
Has anyone here been watching "Nothing to Declare" on LivingTV 2 on Sky Thursday at 9pm. Its about Australian Customs/Border Control and the things that people try and smuggle into the country. Thankfully Nadia Sawahla was not asked to present this one

Dolly
Thank you so much dollydaydream2. My sky plus is now set to record this tomorrow night!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.