Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia an oversold country?

Is Australia an oversold country?

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:42 pm
qld
Banned

qld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Australia an oversold country?

Originally Posted by brendarover
Cheers;

and that was a post from "The Australian Tourist Board".

This board is so one sided most of the time, its a wonder Mr Rudd is not the Honouree President begging cashed up Brits to call in for a year and waste a few hundred grand on one of his sheds on legs, oh by the way, he'll throw in $21k, i tell yeh, its a give away, its different this time?
There's been several Irish and British people brain damaged/killed by evil white trash australian scum and Maoris as well.

I think you should be allowed to be slightly racial.

Many uk/irish people would be still alive if the public information was not so politically correct
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:04 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by qld
There's been several Irish and British people brain damaged/killed by evil white trash australian scum and Maoris as well.

I think you should be allowed to be slightly racial.

Many uk/irish people would be still alive if the public information was not so politically correct
Mate,

I do not know whether you are positive or negative, women or shemale, bloke or blokette, back or white, big nosed or flat nosed, f00k nose, i do not give two or three sh!tes. I have a black son and i am pink, i am an aeithest or whatever, and my missus loves the lord, a practicing Catholic, and i still don't give a sh1t.

But when i see, working class Chavs, blowing up their own arse, like i see on here, i feel sick, sick to the bone. My house is worth this, why can't i sell? Australia is the bestest, we won't see a recession, we are different we made the trip, we have a 4x4 a 4X2 and a boat, and an English shop in Thornlands. Brits in the Costa De Bayside, taking the p!ss out of themselves?

I am a Brit, we really embarass ourselves, for god sake, lets start being honest, why are we so bladdy plastic, give me the 60's any day in Britain, time were tough. but at least we had integrity?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:51 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Sort of sums it up CHAVOZ! Not there yet? Give it time, the Ozzy's will always follow.

Last edited by brendarover; Jun 23rd 2009 at 10:53 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by danjones1
Australia is great for holidaying, even one year working visa, but apart from the climate is it really worth moving the other side of the World just so you can be warm year round? (bearing in mind the huge problems Aus will have with global warming, droughts, 40s plus temps)

People who have low expectations of jobs, not into cultural things, non-university educated and who probably works in the trades, reads the Sun, smoke and drinks too much and typically holidays with other British people on the Costas will love Australia.

Those who do not fit the 'working class' stereotype outlined above will become very bored in a cultural wasteland after a while unless they have a lot of money to travel.
You've hit the nail bang on the head!!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Those who do not fit the 'working class' stereotype outlined above will become very bored in a cultural wasteland after a while unless they have a lot of money to travel.
Cultural wasteland... What a great way to describe Australia. It's so true.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Australia will appeal to a certain type of person more than others. Why do you think so many people with a non-university education thrive in Australia?
The same reason why so many Australian university graduates move to countries such as the UK/US.

The media in Australia is dominated by tabloid gutter press, cultural experiences revolve around getting drunk at barbies and going out for dinner usually means a trip to Hungry Jacks! Like I said, many Brits will thrive in this environment.
The Chavs!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:17 pm
ABCDiamond

Australia is great for holidaying, even one year working visa, but apart from the climate is it really worth moving the other side of the World just so you can be warm year round? (bearing in mind the huge problems Aus will have with global warming, droughts, 40s plus temps)

People who have low expectations of jobs, not into cultural things, non-university educated and who probably works in the trades, reads the Sun, smoke and drinks too much and typically holidays with other British people on the Costas will love Australia.

I can only disgree with that.

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ossigeno
It is makes you bitter then perhaps at least a trip back to the UK to refresh your memory is overdue.

I prefer my cultural diversity in Asia. Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Japan all do a lot more for me than tired Europe. But each to their own.

An MSc educated bogon loving Australia.
It's Bogan, spelt with an 'A'. Get the T-shirts here:

www.boganclothing.com.au/
Attached Thumbnails Is Australia an oversold country?-tee-australia.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caliburn
The more ambitious Australians usually leave the country.... and some tend to do quite well actually...
Which is why there is also a high demand for professionally qualified people in Australia as well.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:32 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShawnMcCrea
I would just like to chime in with what the heck is a "USAns"?
Those who would big themselves up and call themselves Americans.

When our representatives in General Congress, Assembled, on July 4, 1776, declared "That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be, Free and Independent States," the question immediately arose: What do you call the citizens of the newly named United States of America? Our answer was to shorten that mouthful to its last word and add n, a choice that has vexed our neighbors in Canada and Mexico ever since.

For are not they too Americans? But consider the alternatives. We could be called United Statesians, as Canadian and English writers have suggested. Our own citizens have proposed Usonians, Usans, Usarians, Ustatians, Unisians, Unitans, Fredonians, and Columbians. Columbia, in fact, was a serious possibility for the name of our country; it was already in use in 1775 by the poet Phyllis Wheatley, and it has been a favorite of poetic patriots ever since, as in the song "Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean." That name was taken so seriously that our nation's capital is located in the District of Columbia. But to this day nobody has improved on the flatly descriptive United States of America, and so its people have remained Americans.

http://www.answers.com/american

A bit like calling Soccer Football or Australians Oceanians.

Last edited by WillBlack; Jun 23rd 2009 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I'm university educated (two degrees, ta), don't work in the 'trades', wouldn't wipe my arse with The Sun, don't smoke, enjoy a JD and coke and would rather disembowel myself with a straw donkey than holiday on the 'Costas'. I have most definitely *not* become bored and I have **** all money with which to travel.

So got any more useless generalisations you care to share with us? Oh - and for the record, could you please tell me what cultural activities you engaged in, in the yookay? It's just that from my experience (let's try this generalisation thing), the sort of people that claim there is no 'culture' in Oz are the kind of Daily Mail reading, Ready Meal eating, caravan-owning, chinless wonders who haven't been to a concert since Daniel O'Donnel played the local civic centre back in 1982.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:34 pm
ABCDiamond

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...Kat/CBB597.gif

Sort of sums it up CHAVOZ! Not there yet? Give it time, the Ozzy's will always follow.
Some very interesting figures you gave us there.

The positioning of the countries abilities to ride out the storm, with a fiscal adjustment required of:

1.0% Canada
1.2% Australia
1.8% Germany
3.1% Spain
3.5% USA
4.5% France
4.8% Italy
5.3% Britain

You say that Australia always follows, but it doesn't !

Take the property crashes in the UK during 1995 as an example, Australia didn't follow that, and you can actually find many areas that Australia hasn't followed.

Obviously there will be some where they did, but to generalise and turn that into "always" is stretching it ... but then again.. that's what often happens to get a 'good' story...

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:37 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

The V8s are coming to Townsville. Complete with dancing semi naked chicks and dagwood dogs.

BAM. AUSSIE CULTURE!!

(I take it culture comes in all shapes and sizes?)
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ruthyman
Are these the same countries we are outsourcing our work to?
Ironically, YES!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...Kat/CBB597.gif

That's two years out of date. I wonder what the figures are now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.